997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Precision Porsche 997TT Build thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 10:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Precision Porsche 997TT Build thread

Hey folks,

For those interested, I will be documenting my build thread in the next upcoming weeks/months.

Here's the baseline car:

I will be working with a few fellow 6speed vendors on the car so with that said, my plans for the car are:

Exterior:
  • PP TA sideskirts - done
  • PP TA rear underskirt - done
  • Werks1 Rear wing - done
  • PP GT2RS front fender flares
  • 997.2 Tailight conversion
Tune & Exhaust:
  • GIAC Tune: Courtesy of Mike @ Awe-tuning
  • GMG exhaust - done
Suspension & Wheels:
  • 20x8.5 & 12: Modulare H2 (courtesy of Peter & Wheelexperts)
  • H&R Springs: Courtesy of Mike @ AWE-Tuning
I will update this thread as things happen. Thanks for following my journey!

Update: 10/26

Sorry it's taken so long to post an update. While we are fine tuning our kit from our exchange program here, I had the car lowered on H&R springs on 20" Modulare H2s. Alignment was also done by Steve Ott @ DriverSource. For those that are wondering, he was able to bring it back to OEM specs with no camber kit.

Here are three quick shots

Since we all know it's the little things that make the biggest difference, I had my painter do a little project for me.

As an alternative to paying $200+ for a silver crest, why not get a custom one made for slightly more?

From the stock gold emblem to...

I had mine done in GT silver/Speed yellow/gloss black. Here are a couple of pics on the car:

Btw, if you are interested in getting your own custom emblem, drop me a pm )

The next update should be a few weeks after SEMA. Please check back in! - Please see post #12 below!

Thoughts are welcomed and appreciated!

Edwin

Attached Images         

Last edited by PrecisionPorsch; 05-16-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:15 AM
amw
amw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of light
This should be good!

Old 10-08-2012, 03:18 PM
E90076 is a name known to allE90076 is a name known to allE90076 is a name known to allE90076 is a name known to allE90076 is a name known to allE90076 is a name known to all
Wheels and drop are perfect. Any fitment issues?

Old 10-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by E90076
Wheels and drop are perfect. Any fitment issues?
Thanks. No fitment issues at all. Everything mounted right up and fitment is spot on

Edwin

Old 10-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Basic Sponsor
10/26 update in first post!

Edwin

Old 10-28-2012, 12:54 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Edwin
Your project Porsche is looking good! Keep the updates coming!
Robert

Old 10-28-2012, 01:43 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
What about the GT2RS fender flares are you gonna cut the fenders ,& what about the wheel fitament in the front won't the wheels be in too far & how does the stick on lower wheel arch piece fit on the turbo bumper ,thinking about doing this myself & always wonder about these issues.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by robmd99
Edwin
Your project Porsche is looking good! Keep the updates coming!
Robert
Thanks Rob! appreciate the kind words. Hope all is going well

Originally Posted by twturbo
What about the GT2RS fender flares are you gonna cut the fenders ,& what about the wheel fitament in the front won't the wheels be in too far & how does the stick on lower wheel arch piece fit on the turbo bumper ,thinking about doing this myself & always wonder about these issues.
I'm not going to cut my fenders. Just going to overlay them and maybe run 7mm spacers. I'm sure you know that if we want a flushed look with a nice drop, we either have to run camber or shave the fender. I'm not willing to do either so I'll have to sacrifice the look a little (although I don't think it will look bad).

The peice that goes onto the bumper is the one piece that we are working on to make sure it will fit out turbo just fine once we finish fine tuning it.

Edwin

Old 10-29-2012, 11:40 AM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
I had to look at it a few times, and they I figured out that the whole thing looks a bit strange to me as the tires look like they are very low profile. Besides that, love the way the rest of the car looks.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:08 AM
DOOBEE will become famous soon enoughDOOBEE will become famous soon enough
Love the custom emblem. PM coming.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Former Vendor
sales@bisimoto is on a distinguished road
Nice attention to detail (*Custom Emblem).

Old 12-17-2012, 08:50 AM
Basic Sponsor
It's been a while but the shop has been busy and finally got round 3 of mods done to the car. Mods this round include:
  • TA style sideskirts
  • TA style rear diffuser with carbon center
  • Painted OEM bumper grills (from silver to black).
  • 19" HRE 895R
  • GMG exhaust
  • Werks1 rear spoiler
I'll do a real photoshoot over the holidays.

Thoughts/comments always welcomed! If there are any parts on the car that you are interested in, please don't hesistate to contact me. Thanks for looking!

Edwin

Attached Images        

Last edited by PrecisionPorsch; 05-16-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Car looks great!

Old 12-17-2012, 09:37 AM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Now I love the combination of the wheels and tires on this car. Very nice.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:03 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Hmm looks alot like my car

Very nice!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Precision Porsche 997TT Build thread