997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Totaled GT2RS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 05:35 PM
slaaw is on a distinguished road
FWIW, a buddy in his 997S at a dead stop was rear-ended by a car at 60 mph, slamming the S into the car in front. He stepped out of the S on his own.

BTW, after insurance totaled out the S, he went out and bought another one.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:02 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Yes that appears to be unsurvivable. Miracles happen, like being thrown clear or something like that, but that's one in a million.

Dumb, yes, but most of us have done dumb things in our lives, especially while driving. I feel bad for them, and their families.

Last edited by shtfrbrains; 11-08-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Keawn is just really niceKeawn is just really niceKeawn is just really niceKeawn is just really niceKeawn is just really nice
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
That's what I recall as well...
Actually, I think Porsche is one of the safest cars around.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:51 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Keawn
Actually, I think Porsche is one of the safest cars around.
Yes, the engineering center of the universe does not mess around with safety.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Hayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Zero Cool
Widowmaker strikes again.
Sad indeed. Rest in peace occupants.

Please do not take this question as my being opportunistic; but would this bring the count for GT2RS' in the US down to 13(2)? Or have there been other crashes of GT2RS'?

Rare becomes more rare.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:10 PM
turbodickie has a spectacular aura aboutturbodickie has a spectacular aura aboutturbodickie has a spectacular aura about
I think 2 have been totaled. One in U.S. and one in Europe a black car. That is all I have heard of. I have #455.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:43 PM
G-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant future
Unhappy

Where did this car crash? Details are scarce & one member said this could be spam. Doesn't look like it though.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
Champion (one of their mechanics) crashed an RS testing it in the street.,silver car, friends car from PR.,total loss, shame., Sonny.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:08 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by shtfrbrains
Dumb, yes, but most of us have done dumb things in our lives, especially while driving. I feel bad for them, and their families.
This.

Seemed like a good guy who made a bad call.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ind...?pid=159863183

RIP

Old 11-15-2012, 12:54 AM
Hayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by HIRISC
This.

Seemed like a good guy who made a bad call.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ind...?pid=159863183

RIP
You are in The Lord's hands resting now Dr. David Kassing. God bless you and your grieving friends and family for this loss.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:34 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Very Sad Indeed, young kids and all. Curious to know if he was experienced high perf car owner or high income guy who finally got his dream car. This car is not for the inexperienced. Regardless, it is sad.
RIP

Old 11-16-2012, 07:33 AM
markar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to all
sorry to see this , condolence to his family...

Old 11-16-2012, 08:00 AM
Type-R Yo! is on a distinguished road
RIP and condolence to his family.

We all love high power/fast cars but.... "great power comes great responsibility" - Uncle Ben (Spiderman)

Come out to the track where you can experience and learn more about your car.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:09 AM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
RIP, my fellow anesthesiologist.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:21 AM
colonel is on a distinguished road
How can someone so smart do such a stupid thing? He was 52 with kids, not 16. Why?!?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Totaled GT2RS