997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

GT RS Front Fender Extension on Turbo Bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
GT RS Front Fender Extension on Turbo Bumper

It seems that are out there some turbos with the RS fender flares on stock bumper but none posted pics so far or shared the experience. GT2 and GT3 has the same rear parts numbers of the flares but different parts that are attached to the bumper. Which will fit better on the turbo bumper, GT3 RS or GT2 RS?

Old 11-04-2012, 07:35 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
I'll be doing this mod pretty soon ,i found a set of the full carbon fiber fenders from a gt2rs on ebay already painted my body color for a great deal,the only thing i need is the new side marker lights & this lower piece of the fender extension kit .My shop & i figured this piece will need some customization to fit a turbo bumper,i did check with the dealer on this piece but didn't realize the gt3 & gt2 where different part # here's some close ups i've taken gt2,gt3,tt ,i think i think the gt3 will fit best but either one needs to be customized.

Attached Images    

Last edited by twturbo; 11-04-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:17 AM
greekm3 is on a distinguished road
I installed the front fender extension..but dosent fit well..as you can see in my fotos ...i am already searching for a front bumper from GT2/2RS to solve the problem(

Originally Posted by Tiago
It seems that are out there some turbos with the RS fender flares on stock bumper but none posted pics so far or shared the experience. GT2 and GT3 has the same rear parts numbers of the flares but different parts that are attached to the bumper. Which will fit better on the turbo bumper, GT3 RS or GT2 RS?

Attached Images  
Old 11-05-2012, 04:46 AM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by greekm3
I installed the front fender extension..but dosent fit well..as you can see in my fotos ...i am already searching for a front bumper from GT2/2RS to solve the problem(
First of all, thanks for the pic. Do you have GT2 or GT3 fender parts?

From your pic the turbo bumper seems to be higher than GT2/3 bumper and therefore than fender extension parts.

The problem with the GT2 bumper is that it isn't a simple install. All the ducting behind the bumper is different. I think it is more affordable to ask to a paint shop to make a little customization to make it look good, than make the GT2 front conversion. But imho, the GT2 front look wins over the turbo.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:02 AM
First of all, thanks for the pic. Do you have GT2 or GT3 fender parts?

From your pic the turbo bumper seems to be higher than GT2/3 bumper and therefore than fender extension parts.

The problem with the GT2 bumper is that it isn't a simple install. All the ducting behind the bumper is different. I think it is more affordable to ask to a paint shop to make a little customization to make it look good, than make the GT2 front conversion. But imho, the GT2 front look wins over the turbo.
i have the GT2 fender parts..i know that is not easy to install the GT2 bumper...but i agree with you ..the GT2 front is much much more beautifull....till next week i will solve the problem as my car tomorrow going to a workshop for some more body mods...i will let you know

Old 11-05-2012, 10:12 AM
i have the GT2 fender parts..i know that is not easy to install the GT2 bumper...but i agree with you ..the GT2 front is much much more beautifull....till next week i will solve the problem as my car tomorrow going to a workshop for some more body mods...i will let you know
I'm waiting the parts to make the 2nd gen rear facelift and since i plan to modify the current bumper to accept the tailights and bigger exhaust frames, i can also ask to the workshop to fix that front fender gap. But i will wait for your feedback.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:44 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
I had a 996TT and successfully installed the 996 GT2 bumper without issue. It was a direct plug and play. The 997 GT2 front bumper is not a direct bolt on? Interesting.

Adam

Old 11-05-2012, 06:21 PM
i have the GT2 fender parts..
I forgot to ask you what is your spacers setup, 15mm rear and 7mm front?

The front wheels also shows a agressive camber setting. Is it GT3 settings? How it handles and what is the tire wear with that setting?

Old 11-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
We should have a set that fits out turbo in a couple of weeks.

Edwin

Old 11-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
We should have a set that fits out turbo in a couple of weeks.

Edwin
Polyurethane or fiberglass material? Just the bumper part or complete piece? Do you have set already the price?

Old 11-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Polyurethane or fiberglass material? Just the bumper part or complete piece? Do you have set already the price?
It will be FG and will be both the fender and bumper pieces

Edwin

Old 11-06-2012, 03:52 AM
I forgot to ask you what is your spacers setup, 15mm rear and 7mm front?

The front wheels also shows a agressive camber setting. Is it GT3 settings? How it handles and what is the tire wear with that setting?

yes ..the camber setting is quite agressive..but is depence the driving style...for me and for the use of the car is ok...is feel like a gt3(as i had a gt3 heavy tuned and i knw the feeling preety well)but a bit heaver..much better than stock..but i still prefer the gt3 feeling..maybe i miss the rwd.....i have a manthey racing suspension with clubsport kit(strut tops,spring cap,wishbones CUP,tension strut CUP ,etc etc)

Old 11-06-2012, 07:31 AM
Spatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to behold
Im interested.

Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
It will be FG and will be both the fender and bumper pieces

Edwin

Old 11-06-2012, 07:54 AM
much better than stock..but i still prefer the gt3 feeling..maybe i miss the rwd.....i have a manthey racing suspension with clubsport kit
I know what you mean. The turbo is a blast to drive and has the ability to transform any medium driver into a good driver, but a rwd car is alot more fun to drive once you get used to it. That is why i can't get rid of my E46 M3. It is amazing the fun factor that a nice spec rwd car can provide.
But you forgot to tell me what is your spacers size, front and rear?

Last edited by Tiago; 11-06-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:51 AM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Thanks for posting the pic GreekM3 & being the 1st to try this ,but something looks wrong there ,it looks like they cut the extension piece down it just looks too short ,they cut the whole bottom part off instead of customizing it to fit the tt bumper ,which is what i was thinking was possibleyou can clearly see the gt2 piece makes a 90 degree turn at the bottom

Attached Images   

Last edited by twturbo; 11-06-2012 at 12:04 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT RS Front Fender Extension on Turbo Bumper