997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

my 2011 997.2 black on bronze build thread...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 01:50 PM
ET777 is on a distinguished road
Very Nice Car Mate !!

my next car for sure will be BLACK !

congrats. and enjoy it ...

Old 01-04-2013, 12:23 PM
higb987 is on a distinguished road
wheels came in. I'll try to get some weights for you guys...

Attached Images  
Old 01-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Pendl303 has a spectacular aura aboutPendl303 has a spectacular aura about
Car looks great, Cant wait to see those rims mounted. I love the black bronze combo

Old 01-04-2013, 02:46 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Love it. Cant wait to check the new wheels! Only thing Id change is...Id spray the silver front grill to match the wheels or at least black.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by triblk6spd
Love it. Cant wait to check the new wheels! Only thing Id change is...Id spray the silver front grill to match the wheels or at least black.
Of for sure! I was about to bust out the rattle can then I thought.. hrm.. this is on the original build sheet, let me see how much it costs to replace these... http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...997tt2_Aerokit

I snapped off the ones under the headlights with ease and I plan to have them wrapped in black vinyl. The center grill piece is going to be a *****. I think I'll have to remove the bumper skin and I really don't know what is involved to do that. It's not the type of thing I want to mess up.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:11 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by higb987
Of for sure! I was about to bust out the rattle can then I thought.. hrm.. this is on the original build sheet, let me see how much it costs to replace these... http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...997tt2_Aerokit

I snapped off the ones under the headlights with ease and I plan to have them wrapped in black vinyl. The center grill piece is going to be a *****. I think I'll have to remove the bumper skin and I really don't know what is involved to do that. It's not the type of thing I want to mess up.
We def on the same page then! Who would pay $900 for those fugly azz "aluminum look" grills anyway!!?

Old 01-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Porsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nice
Congratulations! One beautiful car, love all your upgrades.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:46 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Be careful removing the aerokit front lip, it's aerodynamically matched to the rear spoiler. High speed instability is possible on the track.
Nice car!

Old 01-07-2013, 07:54 AM
manny_g is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Be careful removing the aerokit front lip, it's aerodynamically matched to the rear spoiler. High speed instability is possible on the track.
Nice car!
What Chris says about the front lip is correct. I have the aerokit on my tt as well and was warned about changing the lip to a non-aero type. I think that the aero kit looks great on these cars.

Beautiful car and enjoy it in good health.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:15 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Those are pretty Can't wait to see them on.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
I need to order tires. The wheels are 20x12 for the rear and 20x8.5 for the front.

the most common size I see searching here is 325/25/20 and 245/30/20.

I ran those sizes through the miata.net's calculator and the overall diameter is off quite a bit! - http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

This is my first AWD Porsche but on my other AWD cars, the front and rear diameters needed to match. Is that not the case for these cars? Thanks. Ill post pics when the wheels arrive this week.

Update: answered my own question. the OEM tire sizes don't have the same rolling diameter either.
Aaron,

Congrats on the new car and the wheels. Peter is a great vendor and has a great reputation.

I'm sure you know but if you are still looking for tires, Peter can source those for you as well (as he did for me on my H2s)

Edwin

Old 02-05-2013, 08:45 PM
eas
eas is a splendid one to beholdeas is a splendid one to beholdeas is a splendid one to beholdeas is a splendid one to beholdeas is a splendid one to beholdeas is a splendid one to behold
wheels came in. I'll try to get some weights for you guys...

Did you get these babies on? I would love to see your setup!

Old 02-05-2013, 09:42 PM
jleeev is on a distinguished road
OP what is "searchagent" ?

Cheers,

J

Old 02-11-2013, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by eas
Did you get these babies on? I would love to see your setup!
I just dropped the wheels/tires off at Autothority this morning. With crappy weather I haven't been motivated to work on the car much. Plus I have a 1968 C-10 that's been taking up some project time.

My Turbo is at tysons right now getting quite a bit of interior warranty work done. This car was configured with just about every carbon fiber interior piece and it was all failing. (cracks, peeling off, etc..)

We'll see how the weather holds up. Hopefully I can get it washed and the wheels mounted for some good pictures.

Originally Posted by jleeev
OP what is "searchagent" ?

Cheers,

J
Here you go: http://www.porsche.com/usa/dialogue/...tion/usedcars/

Old 02-11-2013, 09:01 AM
The powercoat on these wheels was pretty thick. Maybe i'm paranoid but it seemed a little too built up in the hub area. I took a dremel and cleared out all the powercoat from the inner hub areal, the lug holes, and a ridge of build up powercoat on the hub surface. I also cleaned out a couple of the valve stem holes where it seemed like it could cause install problems.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: my 2011 997.2 black on bronze build thread...