997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Different % tint on different windows?

Old 11-10-2012, 01:04 PM
RollingThunder is on a distinguished road
Different % tint on different windows?

Has anyone used a different tint % on the side windows vs. the back? Here in Texas, there is no limit on the back window (or back side quarter windows), but there is a limit on the side windows -- I think 25%. Just wondering if it would look odd to tint the back window a little darker than the side windows -- say 15% on the back and 30% on the sides. Anyone done this? Pics would be appreciated.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:05 PM
nfcobra is on a distinguished road
I have both my vehicles done with 15% on the back and 35% in the side windows. Its not a real big difference, and looks fine
Don't have any pics right now to share

Old 11-11-2012, 11:06 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
I have 20% on the back and 35% on the fronts (in all of my vehicles - - on the Xterra I do have 20% all around as the passenger side windows already come tinted from the factory at 20%, so I wanted a perfect match).

I think in TX you can also go as low as 35% (someone from TX can confirm this). In either case, the difference is not noticeable from 20% to 35% if there are in different views of the vehicle. If you are going more extreme...like a 10-15% on the rear vs. a 35-45% of the fronts, then you might see some noticeable differences though.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:30 PM
BiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud of
25% legal limit on front windows in TX, the back/rear windows have no limit you could put black vinyl on them if you wanted too...LOL

I run 15% all the way around. It's the darkest you can go with still retaining visibility out the windows at night. My buddy has limo on his vette and its scary backing up because the reverse light isn't bright enough to allow you to see out of 5% tint...