997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Bad paint job on wheels - Please read long post but need some direction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 07:41 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
save everyone the trouble of research... its 360

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...an-though.html

Old 11-29-2012, 09:32 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
damn, sorry to hear about that. I have a pic of a car with the D2 mesh 10 wheels, 13 inches wide on the rear that I absolutely drool over. But I didn't buy them b/c of the previous round of complaints with the product. This cements the decision to stick with HREs when I do purchase.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:21 AM
swole305 has a spectacular aura aboutswole305 has a spectacular aura aboutswole305 has a spectacular aura about
Sorry guys been busy with work just got back on this thread but yea -- its 360 Forged built by cor --- I have called Amex and they are dealing with the dispute now.

Another guy(saw this at the shop where work is being done to my car) who has 360/Cor wheels on his GTR and his bolts on the back of the wheel are not stainless steel and have rusted and his paint is peeling already. Can chrome peel??? Attached PIC

Not sure this is true but is stainless steal not magnetic?, according to my google search if its quality then it is not magnetic. Look at pics....

@WheelsBotique - I took the wheels to BullsEye and ArmorPowder in Fort Lauderdale both told me the tires where powder coated. However the way the wheel was powder coated is incorrect. The metal was not treated properly prior to application so the coating wouldn't have adhered properly during bake. Second from what they can see without stripping the wheel they screwed up the first coat and just sprayed over the first coat creating a second coat which didn't adhere properly either. They also said the type of paint used on the wheel would not hold up properly in the sun and would start to fade. Something polyster and .....

I literally have lost all faith in shops in Miami. Not that I had much...

Attached Images   
Old 11-29-2012, 12:39 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
304 stainless is non magnetic but 400 grades are magnetic. Some 304 bolts can have a slight draw but a magnet wont stick.

Ive seen chrome chip off wheels....

Old 11-29-2012, 12:43 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
another thing is when wheels arent powdercoated properly, with the heating process they will weaken and eventually crack.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:48 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Swole305 yeah bullseye are pros , and everything you say Ive seen this main reason we don't carry either brand . This why we only sell the best and were HRE's largest dealer in the world . You need any help swing by and see the difference id love to help you .

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:37 PM
swole305 has a spectacular aura aboutswole305 has a spectacular aura aboutswole305 has a spectacular aura about
Guys been denied my claim by AMEX just b/c they sent over the receipt I signed. Guess they got an early Christmas gift.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Goldstar is a jewel in the roughGoldstar is a jewel in the roughGoldstar is a jewel in the roughGoldstar is a jewel in the rough
I would also drop Amex.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Fugazi will become famous soon enoughFugazi will become famous soon enough
Just Call the BBB & CC don't give up fight till the End.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:37 AM
OK Guys - got the dispute opened up again with AMEX. I need to get a professional letter written by a powder coat company for Amex.

I need to find someone in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm or anywhere ? You guys suggest anyone?

WB - can you guys help out with this??

I have tried Bull's Eye and Armor but they won't write the letter stating they don't want to get involved and that they do business with COR..... So, need to get someone willing to stand up for what is right....

Old 12-18-2012, 10:42 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
If you dealt with COR, and they are the responsible party, I will have IB try and intervene as they appear to be a sponsor here.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:47 AM
I didn't deal with COR. I didn't know anything about COR until this entire ordeal happened. I purchased the wheels from 360 Forged. It's their responsibility. I doesn't matter to me who they got/manufactured the wheels since they are the vendor.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:18 PM
Fugazi will become famous soon enoughFugazi will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by swole305
OK Guys - got the dispute opened up again with AMEX. I need to get a professional letter written by a powder coat company for Amex.

I need to find someone in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm or anywhere ? You guys suggest anyone?

WB - can you guys help out with this??

I have tried Bull's Eye and Armor but they won't write the letter stating they don't want to get involved and that they do business with COR..... So, need to get someone willing to stand up for what is right....
I, have a place in WPB

<LI class=yl-biz-ph>(561) 921-5970<LI class=yl-biz-web>autokraftersfl.com

Old 12-19-2012, 06:13 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
I would try to dig in a little history of 360 here. Then, copy and paste into a PDF document and forward to Amex as well so that they know, you are not an isolated case. They have horrible reputation not just here, but in lots of other boards too (look at the corvette forums if you want some more back-up). Push hard on Amex...they are usually pretty good about protecting their customers. If you can document the whole thing well, they will level with you if you are right...and it seems that they have pretty much tried to screw you, so I think you will get this resolved in the end, though it may take some work.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:58 AM
@TAILAG - did exactly that the first time around. And now this second time. I am not sure if they even reviewed my documentation. But I did wait a few weeks before I uploaded all the information. This time I did it right away. Hopefully this time with a professional letter things would be better.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bad paint job on wheels - Please read long post but need some direction