997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Bad paint job on wheels - Please read long post but need some direction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Banned
Al Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to all
Good luck man, I feel for you. Everything in Miami is like that, one "tumbe" after another. I stay away from all the venders in Miami! If you are not familiar with the spanish word "Tumbe" well its slang for Skam.

Last edited by Al Nunez; 12-19-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:07 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by swole305
@TAILAG - did exactly that the first time around. And now this second time. I am not sure if they even reviewed my documentation. But I did wait a few weeks before I uploaded all the information. This time I did it right away. Hopefully this time with a professional letter things would be better.
There is strength in numbers.
Get a hold of other Amex card holder members that you know well and have them write a letter on your behalf. By doing so, you are basically putting them on notice that you mean business. They don't want to lose a good customer...and they will definitely not want to lose SEVERAL good customers if you can lead them to believe that may be the case. A stretch, but worth a shot. Give them a second chance first and see if that goes through...

Old 12-25-2012, 04:46 PM
thuff331 can only hope to improve
360 wheels

My Porsche 360 wheels have done the same thing and the chrome on the lips is worse than yours. I'm pretty pissed about it cause they wouldn't warranty them. If u get anything done let me know cause I'm not happy either.

Old 12-25-2012, 08:58 PM
lilindienplaya is on a distinguished road
I had many problems with my wheels from them also. And when i couldn't get the owner Alain to work with me I threatened to bring this issue out to the public, he threatened me with a law suit, being the young 22 year old I didn't want to further the issue and just went and did business with ADV.1 a local is a close distributor for them.

Problems included
peeling chrome
rusting nuts
bubbling carbonfiber
and the lifetime structure warranty is a joke with these clowns
also had a center cap peel.
take not these wheels had no more then 4k miles on them and had been taken care of well, used only gentle wheel soaps and soft cloths.

Old 12-25-2012, 10:59 PM
djben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond repute
Document what's gone on and contact the Florida attorney general? Don't think that costs anything and while it is unlikely anything will happen maybe it will make you feel better.

Right now an older 360 forged 6speed thread is on page #2 on Google when you search for them. Someone crafty with SEO can probably get this one bumped to page 1.

I thought all the drama was over with once it was sold to a new set of owners. New chapter?

Last edited by djben; 12-25-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:30 PM
kpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lilindienplaya
I didn't want to further the issue and just went and did business with ADV.1
That's like swapping satan for lucifer.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Zuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant future
Sorry for your troubles, 360 sucks. I bought a set for my Z06 a few years back and I swear they used hardware from Home Depot to assemble. I junked them without ever installing as I was too scared to run them at high speed. Absolute junk and I learned a costly lesson.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:36 PM
swole305 has a spectacular aura aboutswole305 has a spectacular aura aboutswole305 has a spectacular aura about
@Zuluracerx - The bolts on my wheels are from homedepot. Not even stainless steel bolts. The wheels are even missing bolts.