6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2-58/)
-   -   Thinking about grabbing the Tech Art wing... any downsides? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/295295-thinking-about-grabbing-tech-art-wing-any-downsides.html)

DrVolkl 12-19-2012 12:00 PM

Thinking about grabbing the Tech Art wing... any downsides?

Need to start stepping up the outside of my car... any downsides to the TA rear wing? Seems subtle enough, but is this thing going to affect aerodynamics at high speed? I don't want a big anchor on the back of my car....

Anyone with this wing want to chime in? I'd appreciate it... :)

...merry xmas to me.... :D (got to get at least one thing I want)

raclaims 12-19-2012 12:53 PM

I have the techart aero kit and love it.

Unless you are planning to do 175mph runs...I seriously doubt the wing will cause you any issues without the rest of the kit...just give you some more downforce.

It looks bad ass...my car gets thumbs up every where I go...

DrVolkl 12-19-2012 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by raclaims (Post 3721873)
I have the techart aero kit and love it.

Unless you are planning to do 175mph runs...I seriously doubt the wing will cause you any issues without the rest of the kit...just give you some more downforce.

It looks bad ass...my car gets thumbs up every where I go...

Thanks! So no notice of anything going on back there right? The entire kit is pretty amazing... I'm going to start with the wing and see where it takes me.

PrecisionPorsch 12-19-2012 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by DrVolkl (Post 3721892)
Thanks! So no notice of anything going on back there right? The entire kit is pretty amazing... I'm going to start with the wing and see where it takes me.

Doc,

I've seen some with just the wing and imo, it looks incomplete. Painting the stock front lip and side/rear valences will help though. Please see this link for my car with most of the TA kit.

Edwin

E55AMG 12-19-2012 01:27 PM

I had the TA wing, front spoiler, with GT2 side skirts. Looked great. There are some pics here if you search. The thread title is "bunch of new mods" or something like that.

TA claims the wind tunnel test their stuff. Not sure how accurate that is. that is not cheap to do. But, as Justin said unless you're doing long runs at 170MPH i don't think it will effect aero all that much.

DrVolkl 12-20-2012 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by E55AMG (Post 3721908)
I had the TA wing, front spoiler, with GT2 side skirts. Looked great. There are some pics here if you search. The thread title is "bunch of new mods" or something like that.

TA claims the wind tunnel test their stuff. Not sure how accurate that is. that is not cheap to do. But, as Justin said unless you're doing long runs at 170MPH i don't think it will effect aero all that much.

Yeah, I had the GT2 side skirts on my last turbo and really liked those, wanted to do that again with the wing... the front I have to pretty much leave stock because I already beat the crap out of it without the car even being lowered (awful roads out here, I lowered my other turbo and cried daily)... anything aftermarket won't last a year.

I'm going to search for pics of your car... thanks! :)

vividracing 12-20-2012 11:52 AM

Only downfall I see is you falling in love with it :)

faiz 12-20-2012 02:52 PM

i would get the vivid carbon fibre version - looks amazing - build quality is very very good