997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Thinking about grabbing the Tech Art wing... any downsides?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 12:00 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Thinking about grabbing the Tech Art wing... any downsides?

Need to start stepping up the outside of my car... any downsides to the TA rear wing? Seems subtle enough, but is this thing going to affect aerodynamics at high speed? I don't want a big anchor on the back of my car....

Anyone with this wing want to chime in? I'd appreciate it...

...merry xmas to me.... (got to get at least one thing I want)

Old 12-19-2012, 12:53 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
I have the techart aero kit and love it.

Unless you are planning to do 175mph runs...I seriously doubt the wing will cause you any issues without the rest of the kit...just give you some more downforce.

It looks bad ***...my car gets thumbs up every where I go...

Old 12-19-2012, 01:15 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by raclaims
I have the techart aero kit and love it.

Unless you are planning to do 175mph runs...I seriously doubt the wing will cause you any issues without the rest of the kit...just give you some more downforce.

It looks bad ***...my car gets thumbs up every where I go...
Thanks! So no notice of anything going on back there right? The entire kit is pretty amazing... I'm going to start with the wing and see where it takes me.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DrVolkl
Thanks! So no notice of anything going on back there right? The entire kit is pretty amazing... I'm going to start with the wing and see where it takes me.
Doc,

I've seen some with just the wing and imo, it looks incomplete. Painting the stock front lip and side/rear valences will help though. Please see this link for my car with most of the TA kit.

Edwin

Last edited by PrecisionPorsch; 12-21-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:27 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
I had the TA wing, front spoiler, with GT2 side skirts. Looked great. There are some pics here if you search. The thread title is "bunch of new mods" or something like that.

TA claims the wind tunnel test their stuff. Not sure how accurate that is. that is not cheap to do. But, as Justin said unless you're doing long runs at 170MPH i don't think it will effect aero all that much.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by E55AMG
I had the TA wing, front spoiler, with GT2 side skirts. Looked great. There are some pics here if you search. The thread title is "bunch of new mods" or something like that.

TA claims the wind tunnel test their stuff. Not sure how accurate that is. that is not cheap to do. But, as Justin said unless you're doing long runs at 170MPH i don't think it will effect aero all that much.
Yeah, I had the GT2 side skirts on my last turbo and really liked those, wanted to do that again with the wing... the front I have to pretty much leave stock because I already beat the crap out of it without the car even being lowered (awful roads out here, I lowered my other turbo and cried daily)... anything aftermarket won't last a year.

I'm going to search for pics of your car... thanks!

Old 12-20-2012, 11:52 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Only downfall I see is you falling in love with it

Old 12-20-2012, 02:52 PM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
i would get the vivid carbon fibre version - looks amazing - build quality is very very good