997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

USP Motorsports presents | The RFB LED Interior Lighting Kit for the Porsche 997!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 07:26 AM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MJA
Its a good kit but a few things that have gone wrong, The bulbs for the doors have broken the solder welds on 3 different bulbs. I assume its from the force of opening and closing the doors. Also there license plate bulbs are a bit to big and tend to not last very long. I have gone through 2 sets of those. Not here to put down there product but like to share real life use of the products.

I will say customer service has been great and they have replaced the bulbs, I have had no issues with there LED taillights either. Maybe look into making the welds a bit stronger on those door bulbs and the size of the heat sink on the plate bulbs is a tad to big.

Overall good products, great customer service , Need a few tweaks on some of the bulbs
Thanks for sharing - we are constantly pushing for new and existing products to get better.

Old 04-30-2014, 12:09 PM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
Updated!

Old 01-28-2016, 02:42 PM
Duckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud of
Another issue with any LED is the poor light spectrum. LED's and CFL's both have odd light spectrums,.. and therefore are harder for the eyes to register at night. You need MUCH more light to see the same amount of detail,.... and so the main effect of LED's is to blind the people coming towards you.

Numbers like 4,300 k are merely the center frequency (or brightest part of the frequency spectrum the light gives off),.. just like a note played on a piano,... the actual sound covers a large spectrum when viewed on a real time analyzer.

3,500 to 4,000 would be a great center frequency,... and we see at might best in the red end of things. From great distances for instance,.. you can see red easily,.. but you cannot see blues or greens. (You boaters will know what I'm talking about,... out at sea,.. you see the red buoy from many miles away,.. but have to get fairly close before you see the green one next to it.)

So when you install an LED,.. it looks bright,.. and may in fact be brighter to a light meter,.. but at night,.. that stuff out at 150' will be harder to see,.. because LED's are skewed towards the blue end of the spectrum.

CFL's are even worse.

The best lights you can get on our cars would be the Xenon's with PDLS and Litronics.

And LED compared to Incandescent, Daylight and CFL.

See how much better incandescent and especially halogen are for night-time driving?

Last edited by Duckstu; 01-28-2016 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-29-2016, 01:25 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Some of my lights have blown too. They suck!

Old 01-29-2016, 01:33 PM
ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !
You need to keep an eye on them. My driver footwell went out and when I checked it the led was burnt to a crisp. Luckily that's all that burned.

Old 01-29-2016, 03:09 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 9e 28
I have to say you guys should thanks your lucky stars your cars haven't caught fire.

I think USP should thank their lucky stars to be honest!!!

Old 01-29-2016, 05:36 PM
saabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond repute
This happened to me a while back with some LEDs..

http://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum...lacements.html

Old 01-31-2016, 12:50 AM
nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !
I've replaced three bulbs in 9 months. Not impressed. And now concerned!!