997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997TT Techart

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 11:26 AM
wirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud of
After lots of soft modding, its ended like this.
Durametric log http://www.wirx.ee/911/trackday1.xls
There is something wrong with AFR, example -
3723 row: I am going WOT on racing track and everything seems fine, but at 3754 row, something happens and AFR goes to 9 !
Second example
4529 row, again WOT and 4771RPM-s, AFR is 12.6, but when RPM is 5400, AFR goes first 11 and soon it will be again 9. When RPM is 5800, then AFR goes 12.xx again and holds steady til 6400rpm.
It seems that about 4800-6400 is AFR 8-10, later and before ~12.5
If I try 100-200km/h accelerating, then AFR seems OK, but I didnt get very good 150-200km/h(100-150km/h was good). On track, first two miles are OK, after that I feel inside car bad acceleration and popping(no wonder, because of 9 AFR)
When lookin datalog all other variables seems normal, exept AFR, can it be bad fuel table inside ECU?
Also I get few times error
B1610 Air mass (HFM) ahead of throttle valve - implausible
No signal/communication

Cleared it and next day same error comes in on trackday. But when driving on street and trying lots of 100-200km/h in a row, there is no error.
Can anybody help with this problem?
I looked on forum, found this error, but different code.
Mods are - straight pipes, ecu, bmc filter and 98EU(93US)

Here is trackday video

Last edited by wirx; 05-01-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:34 AM
wirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud of
After some fast driving I smell smoke and stop. I found melted aluminium that has come out from exhaust.
This is how QTP valves looks like

Another one is better, but some melting there also

I bought them from here http://www.ebay.com/itm/360589841144?item=360589841144&viewitem=&sspagenam e=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr
I have nothing to say to seller who said that -
"
The manufacturer, QTP, makes these plate from 6061 Billet Aluminum and they are not meant to get as hot as you say yours do. 6061 Billet Aluminum has a melting point around 600 degree celcius so anything near or above that is going to melt any 6061 aluminum."
Seems that they sell exhaust valves, what isnˇt designed for exhaust, because exhaust gases are 900-1100c celcius.

I removed those valves and now is everything OK, Techart exhaust without cats sounds very good, I can say it sounds better than straight pipes before

Here is also some beauty pics

New LED rear lights

And here is one pic that shows different camera zoom angels
24 vs 105 mm
Seems like another car

Old 06-18-2013, 04:04 PM
Found that error, it was bad tune -

So here my results
I compared only 100-200km/h times with 4th gear, because 3-4th shifting sometimes are 0.15s, sometimes 0.25s. Truth is that 3-4th times are better, but they aren´t constant, because of driver
I have 997.1 turbo with techart catless exhaust.
100-200km/h
Stock 8.3s
Estonian dynotuning 8.1s
English software 7.8s
Emre 98E 6.9s
Emre 98E+octane booster 6.7s
Emre 98E+octane booster+GT2 RS intercoolers 6.39s

Runs are made exactly same place, same direction and almoust same outside temp, exept with Emre ones outside was 16c, stock was 6c celcius.

For clarifications, we have here in Estonia one big chiptuning company who made lotsof tunes, my car made in their dyno 530hp before and 620hp after(crank), but I gain only 0.2s. So we try I think more than 10 times different tunes, but something went wrong and times wasn´t going better. So this tuning company bought new tuning file from England, owner who made this tune, says that over 50 cars drive there, with exactly same tune. My hopes were high, but still only 0.6s better than stock. Tuning company says that probably there is something wrong with my car, it can be boost leak or catless exhaust(I got often error with durametric that, cats aren´t workin)
After searching from 6speedonline I find Emre (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/member.php?u=68198) and read that he has tuned very fast porsches and everybody was happy with his tune. So I contacted him, get better price than US companys offer and after some days I get this tool
It was quite easy to download my original soft to this MyGenius tool and next day upload Emre-s tune file into 911. First test and I got 1.2s better than stock! But weather was more than 10c warmer. After some tries we ended up 1.4s better than stock(6.9s) Emre says that my problem is bad fuel, in Estonia, fuel companies rise 95E octane localy with booster, so they get 98E. (european 95E=91 in US, 98E=93 in US) So I bought NOS Racing octane booster and got 1.4s better than stock. Next big problem was IntakeAirTemperature (IAT) what was quite high, so Emre recomends better intercoolers than stock. Meanwhile we have our local "texas mile" where I got 181mph with only 98E, weahter was warm and in start IAT was 47c, so no big surprise that after 120mph it was raised more than 65c and ECU goes and manages boost and ignition angle. But 181mph was good results, because of big Techart wing that I have. Next week I got new GT2 RS intercoolers and after installing them and new tune I got 6.39s, this was 2 second better result than stock and only thing I change was intercoolers and add octane booster. I choose octane booster because it cost quite less 12$ per full tank, 105RON racing fuel cost 230$ per full tank(I must buy it from racing shop). Ah yes, catalytic converter error is gone with Emre soft now

I am very happy that my 911tt made so good results and also very thankful of Emre work and
attitude. He answers always very fast and made new tune files for free, after I installed new intercoolers(that wasnt our deal before).

Log with new intercoolers you can find here http://www.wirx.ee/911/newintercooler.xls
And here is 100-200km/h with 4th

Here is 0-292km/h run with stock intercoolers and high IAT-s

Old 06-20-2013, 02:23 AM
Basic Sponsor
Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !
Glad to see your car is running strong Virgo.

.2 coolers made a big improvement.

Enjoy your car in good health...

100-200km/h: 2.16 sec
200-300km/h: 3.43 sec
60-130mph: 2.52 sec
100-150mph: 2.19 sec
Email: emre@esmotor.com.tr
Web: http://www.esmotor.com.tr
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/esmotor
Old 06-20-2013, 10:46 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
very impressive on the stock turbos correct?

Old 06-20-2013, 01:32 PM
yes, stock

Old 04-15-2014, 02:13 AM
Last year I was quite fast on local track, but now looking to get better times. I opt out bilstein, kw suspension because local roads aren't very good for stiff suspension.

Are those good choise for racing track to get better lap times?

RSS Sway Bars with droplinks

RSS Lower Control Arm with Adjustable Camber

Girodisc Front 350mm 2-piece Rotor Upgrade

IPD Turbo Plenum

https://www.gmpperformance.com/index...ail&PID=324000
https://www.gmpperformance.com/index...ID=227068&VS=1
https://www.gmpperformance.com/index...ID=326771&VS=1(OEM discs are cracked after 400 miles on track)

https://www.gmpperformance.com/index...ID=226922&VS=1 (for better mid range torque)

At moment already have chip, gt2 intercoolers, Perfomance friction 97 brake pads and Michelin Cup2

Last edited by wirx; 04-15-2014 at 02:26 AM.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:49 AM
dewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant future
The euro rear bumper looks so much better than the US version. If I ever do cosmetic mods to my TT that is priority #1.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:21 AM
What you think what is best suspension alligement to get better track times, so far I have -
Stock suspension
RSS Lower Control Arm with Adjustable Camber
H&R Sway bars front and rear

Old 06-14-2014, 09:07 AM
AC911turbo will become famous soon enough
Love the techart kit, will be getting the same exhaust.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:59 PM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by wirx
After some fast driving I smell smoke and stop. I found melted aluminium that has come out from exhaust.
This is how QTP valves looks like

How is your exhaust setup now? Same as before without the valves or you have all the flow go through the muffler?

You do ever thought about boost activated valves:

I'm thinking in one setup similar to yours with the valve starting to open at 0.5bar and with the muffler catted to pass on emission tests.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:08 AM
I don't use anymore valves, at moment usual Techart exhaust without cats. I think there will never be good and reliable valves what can manage 911 turbo exhaust heat. On track exhaust can go more than 500c celcius. Probably that is why Porsche doesn't offer exhaust valves for turbo and have it on list only carrera.

Now I want to thank (again) Emre from http://www.esmotor.com.tr/ because of his very good chip tune. I have driven more than 15000 miles with his tune and no problems at all. Best 100-200km/h was 6.3s, 200-300km/h 16.5s, best 1/4 mile 11.3@129mph (1.8s 60ft).
Some month ago I visit local dyno
Numbers were insane - 719hp and 800lb-ft from engine!
My 997.1 has stock engine, stock turbos, only modifications were Emre ECU tune, NOS octane booster(probably 100oct EU now), techart exhaust without cats and IPD plenum.

Even Emre himself doesn't belive those high numbers
Yesterday one bone stock 977.2 Turbo PDK visiting same dyno and his number were about same as factory says - http://wirx.ee/pildid/main.php?g2_vi...serialNumber=1
Here is GT-R with ecu, injectors and exhaust dyno http://wirx.ee/pildid/main.php?g2_vi...serialNumber=2

But my goal with this car wasn't fast acceleration, it was to be fast on track and tha't why I need hi power at mid RPM-s.
I have driven on local track some years and competite 3 times on Sportauto event, where are present all fast porsches from Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Liethuania, this year I got 1. place and beat all other 63 Porsches
Competitors list is located here, with pics and more - http://www.sportauto.ee/events/140802trackday/

Here is one video of my fastest laps, recorded with www.racechrono.com app -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3oDVRCMCSc&

To be fast on track I installed RSS Lower control Arms, H&R front-rear sway bars, Giro Disc front discs, Perfomance Friction .97 front and rear brake pads. Tires are Michelin PilotSport CUP2.
Final alligement was this -
http://wirx.ee/pildid/main.php?g2_vi...serialNumber=2
Sway bars are in stiffest position, I tried medium position also, but car wasn't so fast then, now street driving isn't good, but on track it's fast

Last edited by wirx; 09-02-2014 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:13 PM
GT Silver is great color, but blue is sometimes better.
We wrap whole car with Avery Supreme Bright Blue Metallic wrap.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Redwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wirx
GT Silver is great color, but blue is sometimes better. We wrap whole car with Avery Supreme Bright Blue Metallic wrap.
Meh not a fan looks too Fast & Furious

Sent from my iPhone using 6SpeedOnline

Old 10-12-2014, 05:46 PM
blackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond repute

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997TT Techart