997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997TT Techart

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 02:48 PM
wirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud of
997TT Techart

After 4 years I´m back in business After one of my friend crashed my old 996TT I have driven with 600hp Evo9 and M5 V10. But recently found one very good condition 997 turbo. It has only 17000 miles and bone stock, only Techart I exterior tuning. But it will not be like this too long. Other options are GT silver, 6speed, racechrono, diff. lock, full leather package, etc.

I am looking about 600hp from crank, planning straight pipes and dyno tune. Do I need to change clutch, diverter valves and spark plugs?

Some pics

And because 911tt is real dailydriver supercar, I put my 2 children and wife in it and went to skiing, luckily we have in Estonia at moment lots of snow and 4wheel drive becomes very useful

Last edited by wirx; 05-28-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:38 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Looks good love the pics in the snow, thats what you call really using your 911 as a daily driver,on another note how the heck do you guys get your pics big like this ,can someone pleas tell me ,for the life of me i can't figure it out,you'd think the robots would automatically do it like on other sites.

Last edited by twturbo; 02-27-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:00 PM
Former Vendor
dbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by twturbo
Looks good ,how the heck do you guys get your pics big like this ,can someone pleas tell me ,for the life of me i can't figure it out,you'd think the robots would automatically do it like on other sites.
Just get a decent DSLR camera or an iPhone5. Seriously, that will do the trick!

OP,

If your clutch is holding up fine, you can ride it along till it starts slipping. Although newest stock valves seem to be holding up fine, it is a good idea to replace the diverter valves. There are several options out there such as Forge 007 or 008 Valves, we use a lot of Evoms diverter valves for the tuned 997TTs. They hold up to a lot of power.

I always tell my customers to hold off on the clutches till they start slipping. The clutches are expensive, and it is a bit work on Turbos. You can hold off if there is no sign of slippage. Check out our section on our site for the variety of the clutches for 997.1TTs. Let me know if you have any questions. No purchase necessary.

Beautiful 997 btw, enjoy it at good health.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:55 AM
Goldstar is a jewel in the roughGoldstar is a jewel in the roughGoldstar is a jewel in the roughGoldstar is a jewel in the rough
Nice car. Looks like you get a lot of use out of it.
Is that an old school phone in the passenger footwell?
Enjoy the car.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:12 PM
wirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud of
Yes, it`s old school one, no idea why first owner installed it, but I defenitly remove this thing.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:22 PM
Goldstar is a jewel in the roughGoldstar is a jewel in the roughGoldstar is a jewel in the roughGoldstar is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by wirx
Yes, it`s old school one, no idea why first owner installed it, but I defenitly remove this thing.
That's so retro.
Here I was thinking it was a joke just for the picture.
Didn't think those things were operational since the 1990's.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:00 AM
1Desperado has much to be proud of1Desperado has much to be proud of1Desperado has much to be proud of1Desperado has much to be proud of1Desperado has much to be proud of1Desperado has much to be proud of1Desperado has much to be proud of1Desperado has much to be proud of
Looks to me like that is the optional Porsche phone. My car has one too.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:13 AM
I plan to upgrade OEM Stock clutch to sachs 2.5, but because car has less than 20000 miles and at moment no slippering, can I upgrade only pressure plate to better one like this 883082 999764

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="TableRow2" valign="TOP"><td nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="img_preview" align="right">
BIG
</td></tr></tbody></table> </td> <td>Clutch Pressure Plate
Performance</td> <td>
  • Diameter [mm]: 240
  • Parameter: GMFZ240
  • Reinforced Version:
  • only with: 88186. .....
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Attached Images   
Old 03-14-2013, 11:19 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
pressure plate is the weak link but might as well do it all when the trans is out. I would recommend the job when going with a tune + exhaust and not wait for it to slip. just my .02

Old 03-28-2013, 11:46 AM
Meanwhile I bought electronical exhaust valves

Figured out that my 911tt has techart exhaust with techart cats and take cats away and install electronic exhaust valves instead

Final look is this, if I push button inside car, valves open and gases are coming out straight, if i close valves whole exhaust are used. Seems that lambda is in good position, because no CEL about 1000miles. Car is defenitly faster without cats and feel faster at slow rpm-s. Turbo spools defenitly faster. If I need in future I can easily bolt on cats back. Cats was 100 or 200cel Techart ones.

After small chiptuning, seems that car has before somekind of software(Techart?) already installed, we dynoed car 515whp/560ft-lbs with pumpgas EU98/US93

Now I got 1.2bar(18psi) boost@2300rpm

Car is mainly for dailydriver and track use.

Last edited by wirx; 03-28-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:29 AM
What do you think, is this boost OK, I mean that start of the run its about 17PSI(max that 997tt gauge can show), it drops soon to 14 and later 13PSI?
I think it must be at 17PSI to the end or I am wrong? Can it be boost leak or ECU boost safety limit is wrong and ECU drops boost?

Same thing if I used 3th and 4th gear

Last edited by wirx; 03-31-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Here is datalog with OBD bluetooth reader, car is in NOT sport mode
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B54c...it?usp=sharing

Old 04-01-2013, 09:43 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I may be reading your log wrong, but what's going on with your AFR?

Old 04-01-2013, 09:53 AM
Mybe this is better example (save as) http://wirx.ee/911/tabel.xlsx
After WOT, AFR is 12.1-12.7 I think this is quite OK?

Old 04-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Super Adjuster has a spectacular aura aboutSuper Adjuster has a spectacular aura about
I think the TechArt headlight rings would look great to finish out your body kit. I have them on my 997 C4S along with a lip and a small rear spoiler and I think the rings make the 997 look even more like a classic (993/964).

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997TT Techart