997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

E85 + stock turbos?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 11:07 AM
Chkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud of
Continuing down the path of adding power - some packages are arriving early this week.
1) BBI Coils + plugs
2) Protomotive injectors
3) Protomotive 67mm VTGs
4) Front sway bar to resolve some oversteer issues I've had on track

All will be on the car this week and we'll be good to rip onward. I'll post new 60-130 times as soon as they're available. Expecting large gains in power over stock turbo+e85 as I was out of injector and thus only running 15psi from 5k onwards.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:51 AM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
[QUOTE=Chkmgnt59;3812785]Went ahead and had ToddK put a 93 tune and e85 tune together for me

So did Todd k figure out how to do this & how are you switching tunes ? ,i requested this but i've got one of his 1st E85 tunes & back then he hadn't figured it out yet ,i'm going to be doing a recalibration soon for an added mod.I currently can run regular gas if needed but without boosting & what size injectors are you going with.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:53 AM
Chkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud of
80# injectors. And no on-the-fly switching, I just have different maps that I can plug in and change using my laptop. Ideally I'd love a cobb accessport-type device (note to cobb- build one for porshce..) that could swap maps without a laptop, but its not available yet.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:05 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Ok thanks & i know i can do the same ,but yes a switch would be great.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:52 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chkmgnt59
Stock intake.
.2 IC because all research I've seen of IAT and such by forum members shows nothing beating the .2s. Champion ICs might be nicer, but they've refused to release IAT test data for 2 years, so I refuse to give them business.
I'm trying to figure out what I'd like to do with my car for intercoolers. The new AMS setup sure looks nice, but $5k is an awful lot to pay for two intercooler cores and some ducting.

What did you do for the install of the .2 ICs? Specifically what I'm interested in is not having to hack up the existing ducting or use zip ties as I've seen most of the 996 installs do. Does anyone have any suggestions here?

Thanks,
Dan

Old 05-25-2013, 07:44 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Continuing down the path of adding power - some packages are arriving early this week.
1) BBI Coils + plugs
2) Protomotive injectors
3) Protomotive 67mm VTGs
4) Front sway bar to resolve some oversteer issues I've had on track

All will be on the car this week and we'll be good to rip onward. I'll post new 60-130 times as soon as they're available. Expecting large gains in power over stock turbo+e85 as I was out of injector and thus only running 15psi from 5k onwards.
Is that a typo or a new type of upgraded vtg???

Old 05-25-2013, 07:52 AM
No typo, Todd has just released his new 67mm vtgs, replacing his 65mm.
My car is all put back together with the initial tune on it. Haven't been able to do any real logging yet, but from what I can see, we have lots of headroom to turn it up. only 75%IDC on the initial map.

Old 05-25-2013, 02:37 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
oooooooh I see...time to send him an email.

Old 05-25-2013, 04:57 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
No typo, Todd has just released his new 67mm vtgs, replacing his 65mm.
My car is all put back together with the initial tune on it. Haven't been able to do any real logging yet, but from what I can see, we have lots of headroom to turn it up. only 75%IDC on the initial map.
Awesome can't wait to see the new 60-130 times!

Old 07-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Wow time flies.. so we've been doing some testing back and forth and logs just weren't doing what we wanted them to do. Points to a boost leak, but we couldn't find one here at my shop. Other option was perhaps a bad set of turbos. So after some emails back and forth and talking w/ the shop here and Todd, I decided it would just be easier to get the car into Todd's hands. So I dropped it off with him this past saturday, and he's checking it all out and will return her all buttoned up. Looking forward to getting it back (no timeline on that). Todd has been very supportive and opened up his schedule to allow me to bring the car to him - great overall experience.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:47 AM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Wow time flies.. so we've been doing some testing back and forth and logs just weren't doing what we wanted them to do. Points to a boost leak, but we couldn't find one here at my shop. Other option was perhaps a bad set of turbos. So after some emails back and forth and talking w/ the shop here and Todd, I decided it would just be easier to get the car into Todd's hands. So I dropped it off with him this past saturday, and he's checking it all out and will return her all buttoned up. Looking forward to getting it back (no timeline on that). Todd has been very supportive and opened up his schedule to allow me to bring the car to him - great overall experience.
Im sure Todd will figure it out. Hopefully it gets resolved soon! keep us posted bro!

Old 07-09-2013, 02:03 PM
The setup is not 100% final yet, but it's clear we ran into an intake restriction. Todd has tested several different part combinations and we can definitively say the turbos work.
By swapping some basic parts, Todd has picked up nearly 200whp from when I dropped the car off to him. I'll provide full update when I get the car back in a week or two including new 60-130 numbers. I am very giddy though in anticipation...

Old 07-09-2013, 04:29 PM
The setup is not 100% final yet, but it's clear we ran into an intake restriction. Todd has tested several different part combinations and we can definitively say the turbos work.
By swapping some basic parts, Todd has picked up nearly 200whp from when I dropped the car off to him. I'll provide full update when I get the car back in a week or two including new 60-130 numbers. I am very giddy though in anticipation...
Is Todd making you a fenderwell intake system? This car will def be the fastest E85 VTG car to date since Todd actually has the set up in his hands instead of remote tuning. Im really looking forward to seeing how it performs. Goodluck, hope everything wraps up soon.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Fenderwell is the main change he's made that resolves our Power issue. Due to being a stock block it won't be faster than some of the built 68mm cars, but on the low boost its running, its making very high power.

And if I ever felt like building the engine, there's more available I believe. But really on a built bottom end, VTG would be silly instead of some alphas.

Last edited by Chkmgnt59; 07-09-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Fenderwell is the main change he's made that resolves our Power issue. Due to being a stock block it won't be faster than some of the built 68mm cars, but on the low boost its running, its making very high power.

And if I ever felt like building the engine, there's more available I believe. But really on a built bottom end, VTG would be silly instead of some alphas.
I had a feeling thats what he would do. I dont think the 68mm VTG's run E85 because champion doesn't tune for that. What numbers are you seeing to the wheels? If you can share at this time.

Yeah if you built the motor I would run GT30 or 35's. I think Todd prefers GT over alpha on a 6speed. Glad your getting it all figured out though. When should you have her back?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E85 + stock turbos?