997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Modified Stock Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 12:33 AM
Hampi is on a distinguished road
How can you order this item? I can not find it on their Website.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:55 AM
shaunsak is a name known to allshaunsak is a name known to allshaunsak is a name known to allshaunsak is a name known to allshaunsak is a name known to allshaunsak is a name known to all
I everyone. I had the module for 2 months now. I love it. Last year when I just had the springs I was really unhappy with the wobble. Every since I had this module, the car bounces perfectly, and I feel the car is now complete. I truly reccommend this for your car. Without it, the car does not handle properly.

I saw another lowered Turbo on a local cruize, and it his was wobbling like crazy (even at low speeds). It looks odd, as if he just cut his springs. I tried to tell him (during the bbq) that he needs this module, but he would not listen to me saying he already moded everything. Poor guy.

Sorry I cannot reply anyones messseges cause I havent posted enough. Yes I have HR Springs with the module. Perfect set up for street! ss@4dcityscape.com if you need more info!

Old 05-22-2014, 11:50 AM
ChrisAW is a splendid one to beholdChrisAW is a splendid one to beholdChrisAW is a splendid one to beholdChrisAW is a splendid one to beholdChrisAW is a splendid one to beholdChrisAW is a splendid one to behold
What is this wobble you speak of? I have Eibach springs and my car rides fine.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:30 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT32
Received my module last week and installed over weekend and can honestly say that with the limited amount of driving , the change is remarkable. On an on ramp ( 360 degree) the car was so planted at high speed that it felt as it would never spin out. Then on the off ramp ( s shaped ) the car was so easy to handle and absorbed bumps with no twitching of rear end . Car felt better in hard braking and more controlled. The mode 1 is best for street driving as is mode #2 which is a little stiffer and mode #3 is good for highway or track days. I will be attending Mosprt track in a couple of weeks and will report back as i am sure the high speed corners will be much easier with less understeer and better grip over bumpy areas. Great job TPC and thanks to Harris for his help!! Great product!!!!
Thanks for very interesting report; yours I believe is one of first ones on a car with Bilstein and it appears TPC has another great product on hands. It doesn't surprise me as these people race cars for a living :-).

Please explain: just on overall ride stiffness alone, how do TPC modes 1, 2, 3 compare to the Bilstein normal mode? Which mode is stiffer and which softer than Bilstein normal mode?

I have not followed this closely, is your module specific to cars with Bilstein, or is it the same as others? How do you install it and is it easily reversible if you want to compare before and after? Thanks.

Old 05-22-2014, 01:54 PM
GT32 is a glorious beacon of lightGT32 is a glorious beacon of lightGT32 is a glorious beacon of lightGT32 is a glorious beacon of lightGT32 is a glorious beacon of lightGT32 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by cannga
Thanks for very interesting report; yours I believe is one of first ones on a car with Bilstein and it appears TPC has another great product on hands. It doesn't surprise me as these people race cars for a living :-).

Please explain: just on overall ride stiffness alone, how do TPC modes 1, 2, 3 compare to the Bilstein normal mode? Which mode is stiffer and which softer than Bilstein normal mode?

I have not followed this closely, is your module specific to cars with Bilstein, or is it the same as others? How do you install it and is it easily reversible if you want to compare before and after? Thanks.
On overall stifness , i would say the TPC module mode 1 is slightly less stiff and better over bumps, and mode 2 is similar to normmal mode on damptronics. Mode 3 is a little stiffer if that but because its active , it adjusts to road conditions and bumps are better. My module is not specific as it works with stock ,bilstein , or springs as per TPC. in regards to installation ,easy 10 minutes by pulling down foam tab below glovbox and pulling back carpet on right side off passenger footwell near door and module located there. Lift tab and module with bracket comes off and plug in new module and place bracket back without module and then snap module in place . Reversible only by installing and removing back and forth.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:48 PM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
Received my module last week and installed over weekend and can honestly say that with the limited amount of driving , the change is remarkable. On an on ramp ( 360 degree) the car was so planted at high speed that it felt as it would never spin out. Then on the off ramp ( s shaped ) the car was so easy to handle and absorbed bumps with no twitching of rear end . Car felt better in hard braking and more controlled. The mode 1 is best for street driving as is mode #2 which is a little stiffer and mode #3 is good for highway or track days. I will be attending Mosprt track in a couple of weeks and will report back as i am sure the high speed corners will be much easier with less understeer and better grip over bumpy areas. Great job TPC and thanks to Harris for his help!! Great product!!!!

Very happy to hear that you are enjoying your car! Your car will be a blast to drive at Mosport!!

Old 05-22-2014, 07:51 PM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Hampi
How can you order this item? I can not find it on their Website.
We do not have the DSC computer on the TPC Racing website as we will be creating "DSC Sport". That will be its own website that should hopefully be launched soon. Once that is launched, we will do a full release on our TPC Racing website as well.

I will PM you with all of the product information as well as how to order.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:24 AM
nevert00fast will become famous soon enoughnevert00fast will become famous soon enough
Any updates on the Groupbuy for 6speed members?

Old 05-24-2014, 04:39 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
On overall stifness , i would say the TPC module mode 1 is slightly less stiff and better over bumps, and mode 2 is similar to normmal mode on damptronics. Mode 3 is a little stiffer if that but because its active , it adjusts to road conditions and bumps are better. My module is not specific as it works with stock ,bilstein , or springs as per TPC. in regards to installation ,easy 10 minutes by pulling down foam tab below glovbox and pulling back carpet on right side off passenger footwell near door and module located there. Lift tab and module with bracket comes off and plug in new module and place bracket back without module and then snap module in place . Reversible only by installing and removing back and forth.
GT32, thanks for the very helpful reply. BTW, the stock PASM *also* adjusts to road conditions, meaning it is also "active," if that's what you meant by active. Per Porsche ad material, the car is alleged to adjust to road conditions, and PASM supposedly monitors data such as braking, steering, body lean, etc. That said, in my years of driving both stock and Bilstein suspension, I have never felt this "adjustment" taking place. In other words, it's really just 2 levels, soft or stiff, and no in between adjustment. Is this "adjustment" any more noticeable with TPC module?

How about owners of TPC module in stock, non-Bilstein car - could you post your impression and rating just based on ride stiffness alone? On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being soft like a Lexus and 10 being stiff like a race car, If the stock suspension feels like a 3 on soft setting and an 8 on hard setting, where are stiffness ranking of the 3 modes of the TPC module?

Asking above really for a friend of mine who is interested in the TPC module, and I presume a lot of potential buyers would like to know the answer too. Once again, congrats to TPC for a work well done.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:04 AM
40TO60N1 is on a distinguished road
Stock shock, TechArt Springs and RSS sway bars.
Comparing with PASM to DSC module - Day and Night
With DSC module, just feel very planted going around corners (in all three modes).
IMHO: PASM (non-sport) = 3, DSC Mode 1 = 3(but better) , Mode 2 = 6 , PASM (sport) =8 , Mode 3= 8 (not really sure what a real track car feels like).
I have it set in mode 2 for the street (noticeable stiffer than PASM in non-sport mode). Mode 3 is for the track (stiff).
Was waiting for a group buy, just couldn't hold out any longer... It's worth the money.
(Still had to wait for it, thanks to Harris for pushing the order thru quickly.)

Last edited by 40TO60N1; 05-24-2014 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-24-2014, 02:15 PM
bgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura about
DSC for 5 months or so- stock suspension on street only '07 997.1TT, tip, IMHO stock PASM in normal mode was soft/cushy- lots of movement- ok daily driving on poor streets- comfortable- hit brakes front end dips, -switch to sport mode & it was much too stiff and unforgiving- felt every bump & was jaring (my previous car was 02 996C2 with the X-74 suspension which was perfect in my mind)- TT in sport was much harsher than X-74 suspension.
Got the DSC & just couldn't be happier using any of the 3 modes- after 5 months still trying to figure out which mode i like better- i use mode 3 the most- but after week switch to 2 or 1. car feels planted , little movement & absorbs road dips etc well & not too stiff/harsh. all modes are much improved from stock pasm sport which was jaring or normal which was very soft. all produce less front end dip on braking w/o the harshness from stock sport mode- Even mode 2 which TPC says is good for track is much less harsh than stock sport mode & just feels perfect- Again -i've no track here so can't comment on that- all this is street only- Mode 3 feels slightly less stiff than mode 2- mode 2 is slightly stiffer than mode one- all are very nice compared to stock pasm- it was money well spent for me in that i have a nice suspension improvement w/o having to mess with suspension changes and now car rides wonderfully w/o it being too harsh or too low- didn't want to lower car & drag front on everything.

Old 05-25-2014, 08:28 AM
rdf16 will become famous soon enoughrdf16 will become famous soon enough
Selling my module, had it just a few months, because I have sold the Turbo, if anybody
is interested.

Herc

Old 05-25-2014, 10:59 AM
kinkkink is just really nicekinkkink is just really nicekinkkink is just really nicekinkkink is just really nice
I'll take it

Old 05-25-2014, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by bgrpph
DSC for 5 months or so- stock suspension on street only '07 997.1TT, tip, IMHO stock PASM in normal mode was soft/cushy- lots of movement- ok daily driving on poor streets- comfortable- hit brakes front end dips, -switch to sport mode & it was much too stiff and unforgiving- felt every bump & was jaring (my previous car was 02 996C2 with the X-74 suspension which was perfect in my mind)- TT in sport was much harsher than X-74 suspension.
Got the DSC & just couldn't be happier using any of the 3 modes- after 5 months still trying to figure out which mode i like better- i use mode 3 the most- but after week switch to 2 or 1. car feels planted , little movement & absorbs road dips etc well & not too stiff/harsh. all modes are much improved from stock pasm sport which was jaring or normal which was very soft. all produce less front end dip on braking w/o the harshness from stock sport mode- Even mode 2 which TPC says is good for track is much less harsh than stock sport mode & just feels perfect- Again -i've no track here so can't comment on that- all this is street only- Mode 3 feels slightly less stiff than mode 2- mode 2 is slightly stiffer than mode one- all are very nice compared to stock pasm- it was money well spent for me in that i have a nice suspension improvement w/o having to mess with suspension changes and now car rides wonderfully w/o it being too harsh or too low- didn't want to lower car & drag front on everything.
Hey guys thanks for nicely detailed report; I got asked in PM every once in a while about suspension mode choices so this is very helpful. It appears TPC has done a fantastic job with the program controlling the damper's valves. It is actually very impressive that they've cracked the code - we have many talented tuners with engine ECU management, but TPC is the only one who could do this.

bgrpph, other people seem to report mode 3 is stiffer than 2, yours seems to be the opposite?

Old 05-26-2014, 06:46 PM
bgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura about
cannga- one issue with me may be that i'm not pushing the car enough to fully test the active difference in the 3 modes, as track/autocross would. My conclusions are based on city streets or freeway driving only, in crowded Honolulu- If others with more experience, say mode 3 is stiffer i wouldn't argue.

I initially thought mode 3 was stiffer than 2- & used mode 1 most of the time- now i find myself keeping it mode 3 most all the time- IMHO 3 seems to handle the dips/bumps in street nicely & isn't too stiff. i do go back to mode 1 & 2 occasionally - 2 just seems just a bit stiffer/harsher than 3 to me- Regardless, DSC is a huge improvement in any mode-

Below is what Harris told me initially when i got the system in Jan or so.

"Mode 1 is a softer mode that is more for street use but the suspension is still active. Mode 2 is more for back roads and track oriented, but being that it is still an active suspension, the car will still ride nice but respond stronger in corners, under breaking and acceleration. Mode 3 is more for track and aggressive driving. It is similar to Mode 2 but is more for tracks like VIR with a lot of off camber corners."

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modified Stock Suspension