997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Modified Stock Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 02:06 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 40TO60N1
Stock shock, TechArt Springs and RSS sway bars.
Comparing with PASM to DSC module - Day and Night
With DSC module, just feel very planted going around corners (in all three modes).
IMHO: PASM (non-sport) = 3, DSC Mode 1 = 3(but better) , Mode 2 = 6 , PASM (sport) =8 , Mode 3= 8 (not really sure what a real track car feels like).
I have it set in mode 2 for the street (noticeable stiffer than PASM in non-sport mode). Mode 3 is for the track (stiff).
Thanks again guys for the good reports, I have some better ideas now. It appears the TPC module is a great product that makes the 997.1 suspension the equivalent of 997.2. I used to say for those who don't like to mess with the suspension at all, the 997.2 is a better car because of its revised PASM and suspension. With the TPC product, one could potentially say the 2 cars's suspension, 997.1 and 997.2, are now equivalent!

Question for 40TO60N1 please:
Were you not happy with Techart springs by itself (before you add the TPC DSC)? Was the stock PASM Sport mode with Techart spring still too stiff/jittery? For street driving, what mode did you use when you had the Techart spring by itself (before TPC DSC)?

Old 05-27-2014, 03:45 PM
squeegee is on a distinguished road
Please PM me the price and the expected timeframe for group buy... thanks!

Old 05-28-2014, 12:32 AM
40TO60N1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cannga
Thanks again guys for the good reports, I have some better ideas now. It appears the TPC module is a great product that makes the 997.1 suspension the equivalent of 997.2. I used to say for those who don't like to mess with the suspension at all, the 997.2 is a better car because of its revised PASM and suspension. With the TPC product, one could potentially say the 2 cars's suspension, 997.1 and 997.2, are now equivalent!

Question for 40TO60N1 please:
Were you not happy with Techart springs by itself (before you add the TPC DSC)? Was the stock PASM Sport mode with Techart spring still too stiff/jittery? For street driving, what mode did you use when you had the Techart spring by itself (before TPC DSC)?

I'm very happy with TechArt springs.
In non-sport mode, it was stiffer and does not have the floaty feel at high speed. (street mode)
TechArt with sport mode - still too stiff on the street for my taste, the rear hops around when it hits a bump. Great on the track.

I'm a newbie on this car and also on the track...
IMHO: The take away, the TPC DSC module performance - is on corning. The car just feels planted in the corner.

I've tracked the car at Laguna Saca before I had the DSC... I'm not a fast driver, compare to most of the drivers there. On some laps I'll be white knuckling on some of the turns. (My fear kicks in, when the body starts to roll hard.)

With the DSC, the car is planted and feel comfortable on the turns. Sometime, I even have enough time to think about how and where I should be exiting the turn. As before, it was mainly reaction.
Please excuse my use of terminology to describe my feeling , behind the wheel. (Newbie at this,too.)
Hope this helps.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:43 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Hi 40to60, no apology needed; I understand your post fine and it's helpful for me. At any rate, I mainly was asking about the Techart springs behavior in your car BEFORE the TPC DSC was installed, not for me but for other people who ask me these questions. Before the TPC DSC install, were you driving the Techart spring mostly in Normal mode still? Was the Sport mode still very stiff/jittery for street driving?

Last edited by cannga; 05-29-2014 at 12:29 AM.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:52 AM
40TO60N1 is on a distinguished road
Hi 40to60, no apology needed; I understand your post fine and it's helpful for me. At any rate, I mainly was asking about the Techart springs behavior in your car BEFORE the TPC DSC was installed, not for me but for other people who ask me these questions. Before the TPC DSC install, were you driving the Techart spring mostly in Normal mode still? Was the Sport mode still very stiff/jittery for street driving?
Before the DSC... I use normal mode for the street.

Yes, the sport mode with just the TechArt spring was still too stiff/jittery for street driving.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:14 PM
Winnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura about
Just got mine today. I will be at Watkins Glen next weekend to give it a full test and review. New gadgets are fun, where is the mod anonymous meeting at again?

Old 06-03-2014, 03:47 PM
RedRSA is on a distinguished road
Anxious for your report...was your WG event last weekend or next weekend?

Old 06-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Winnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by RedRSA
Anxious for your report...was your WG event last weekend or next weekend?

I will be there June 6-8. I have an AIM solo, so I will examine each setting and try with different tires, a set of R888s and RE-11s. Will report back.

Bilstein B16 owners, I can pick up a used set of damptronics shocks with 5k miles on them for $1200. Should I buy them?

Old 06-03-2014, 07:18 PM
RedRSA is on a distinguished road
Excellent, thank you. Looking forward to your impressions of the DSC box compared to the stock PASM box. If easy enough to swap, it would be a good back-to-back comparison on the last day.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:43 AM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
Good news! I got the OK and we are now offering a Group Buy on DSC units! We were waiting for our large production run to come in and we just got them last night. DSC is available for the following models:

997.1 TT (07-09)
997.1 GT2 (08-09)
997.2 GT3 / RS (10 & up)
997.2 TT (10 & up)
997.2 Carrera / S (09 & up)
987.2 Boxster / Cayman / S (09 & up)

*All Gen 1 cars not included in the list above need our 3 channel accelerometer that will be available shortly.

For the group buy, we will need a minimum of 10 orders. Please fill in the list and PM me. We have units in stock and ready to ship!

Last edited by Harris@TPCRacing; 06-04-2014 at 07:09 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:58 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
What's the regular price and what will the group buy price be?

Old 06-04-2014, 07:07 AM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
DSC is normally $1,190.00 and with the group buy we are offering the unit at $1,071.00

Old 06-04-2014, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Winnilaker
Bilstein B16 owners, I can pick up a used set of damptronics shocks with 5k miles on them for $1200. Should I buy them?

Hi Winni, no, no, and *please*, no! Buying used Bilstein means no lifetime warranty, and I've seen a couple cases of failure from second hand shock - HUGE headache. The install fee is around 1200, so one take-off and reinstall eradicates any saving you could possibly have.

In a non-electronic shock system, I could see some reason, but in electronic system like this, most definitely not worth it to you a seond hand suspension system! Really the possible headache is not worth it. For various reasons, IMHO the best place to buy Bilstein for your Porsche is AWE tuning, an authorized tuner who is having a sale on Bilstein currently.

Last edited by cannga; 06-05-2014 at 03:31 AM.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:06 AM
Former Vendor
Hi Winni, no, no, and *please*, no! Buying used Bilstein means no lifetime warranty, and I've seen a couple cases of failure from second hand shock - HUGE headache. The install fee is around 1200, so one take-off and reinstall eradicates any saving you could possibly have.

In a non-electronic shock system, I could see some reason, but in electronic system like this, most definitely not worth it to you a seond hand suspension system! Really the possible headache is not worth it. For various reasons, IMHO the best place to buy Bilstein for your Porsche is AWE tuning, an authorized tuner who is having a sale on Bilstein currently.

TPC Racing also sells Bilstein shocks and we have been using them for years with our Stage 3 suspension package. They are a big seller and the Damptronic setup with DSC is amazing.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:40 PM
^^^Harris, thanks for the clarification. Keep up the *great* work - color me "extremely impressed" with TPC Racing's breaking the PASM secret. It's too bad you can't explain in details how the modification is done and what it changes (I understand completely - proprietary) because I am very curious and would like to learn from true pro's.

Were I to live in your area my car would be at the TPC shop for sure!

Last edited by cannga; 06-05-2014 at 04:45 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modified Stock Suspension