997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Video: world fastest Porsche 911 Tiptronic — Turbo DT1200R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 06:46 AM
TwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Two Porsches from the US have gone faster than yours has in the standing mile.
America vs. Russia, Cold War is back....

Old 01-11-2014, 06:48 AM
TwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PKM
Hello

i have a question

what is the vmax limit of Turkei Highway?

you and all friends are whith one feed in jailhouse when you drive porsche, or what make the police when you over 300km/h drive?

Same as that of Germany.

So wie es auf der Deutschen Autobahn ist. Wie schnell Dein Auto fahren kann ist die Antwort

Old 01-11-2014, 08:09 AM
PKM
PKM has a spectacular aura aboutPKM has a spectacular aura aboutPKM has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TwinTurboM3
Same as that of Germany.

So wie es auf der Deutschen Autobahn ist. Wie schnell Dein Auto fahren kann ist die Antwort

This is new that gives me no speed limit in Turkey

According to Google and adac is in Turkey on motorways a limit of 120km / h

applies then probably only for foreigners

in germany you must looking when you will drive the highway is very full

Old 01-11-2014, 08:13 AM
PKM
PKM has a spectacular aura aboutPKM has a spectacular aura aboutPKM has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MegioN
No lightweight except custom carbon fiber seats
very good

who built the engine and what has been improved

Old 01-11-2014, 09:51 AM
MegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to all
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
I have one question please.
how do you compare manual 6speed vs tiptronic , in terms of reliablity and power holding ? what is the fastest manual 997 turbo in the world , exept evoms mayhem 2.0 ?
They will hold same amount of power, but tip is faster, faster shifts and more constant, also much better dd ability. I don't know which is fastest, but we have here 9ff on 6speed with almost same power lvl, his best time on 1 mile 25,4@356... Hope this explain all.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:53 AM
MegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to all
Originally Posted by PKM
very good

who built the engine and what has been improved
Nobody, I made it by myself. Engine is 3,6 ltr, changed only rods and head studs. That's all

Old 01-11-2014, 10:23 AM
Thenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of light
Nobody, I made it by myself. Engine is 3,6 ltr, changed only rods and head studs. That's all
Yess!!! Putting in WORK! Very happy to see the 3.6ltr do so well! What rods did you use? How often do you drive it-not racing? Still reliable?

Old 01-11-2014, 08:57 PM
Jim Campbell is on a distinguished road
The two US cars referred to earlier

Eddie bello has gone 236mph i think. Congrats on your speed going over 100 meters a second is crazy fast, it's on my bucket list.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:39 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Thenewguy
Yess!!! Putting in WORK! Very happy to see the 3.6ltr do so well! What rods did you use? How often do you drive it-not racing? Still reliable?
Engine:

Rods Carrillo H-Beam 1000+ HP
Head Studs ARP L19 1000+ HP
Camshafts Dbilas Dynamics for Porsche

Turbo:

2х Turbos Garret GTX3582 0.82 A/R
Wastegates Tial 044
AMS custom intercoolers with integrated Blow off Tial
Race Place custom intake system
Y-Pipe Switzer
Race Place custom straight exhaust

Transmission:

Modified Tiptronic by Racing Parts 1200+ HP
Modified TQ racing parts

ECU and ignition:

ECU Syvecs S911
Ignition ProEFI for 2000+ HP
Coils MSD
Spark plugs NGK 8
Lambdas NTK
EGT sensors Syvecs
MAP sensor ProEFI
Tuned by Ryan (Syvecs)

Fuel system:

Custom fuel system for 1500 HP by Total Race

Exterior:

Vorsteiner VR-T front bumper
Vorsteiner VR-T rear bumper
Vorsteiner VR-T carbon mirrors
Graphite Pro carbon side intakes
Rear taillights 997.2
Custom blue colour

Tires and rims:

Advan Racing RZ-DF 19x8,5 front with Hoosier R6 235/35/19
Advan Racing RZ-DF 19x11 rear with Hoosier R6 315/30/19
Custom 18x12 wheels with Hoosier Drag Radials 335-30-18 (for drag racing)

Old 01-12-2014, 02:41 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
They will hold same amount of power, but tip is faster, faster shifts and more constant, also much better dd ability. I don't know which is fastest, but we have here 9ff on 6speed with almost same power lvl, his best time on 1 mile 25,4@356... Hope this explain all.
Thanks for the answer
But :
1. Didnt you want a manual once ? Because its stronger
2. Also with manual and a build engine you can rev higher = bigger top speed ?

Old 01-12-2014, 06:15 AM
sideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Jim Campbell
The two US cars referred to earlier
EVOMS 996 GTXXX Texas Mile 2009 World Record - YouTube

234mph EVOMS twin turbo 997 Porsche - The Texas Mile - March 2011 - YouTube

Eddie bello has gone 236mph i think. Congrats on your speed going over 100 meters a second is crazy fast, it's on my bucket list.
Those have higher trapspeed, yes. But in dragtimes they compete about the fastest time. Those cars in above vid seems to only focus on trapspeed. And to judge by the vid they were not faster than Megion.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:54 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sideWays_swe
Those have higher trapspeed, yes. But in dragtimes they compete about the fastest time. Those cars in above vid seems to only focus on trapspeed. And to judge by the vid they were not faster than Megion.
E.T.= quick
Trap MPH=fast
You are correct trap speed is the focus in the U.S.Neither of the cars above were launched for optimal E.T. so apples and oranges.

Old 01-12-2014, 07:07 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
E.T.= quick
Trap MPH=fast
You are correct trap speed is the focus in the U.S.Neither of the cars above were launched for optimal E.T. so apples and oranges.

The EVOMS (Red) 997 actually can't launch very well since it's a RWD conversion. I was chatting with EVOMS about it waiting in line to race at the Shift-S3ctor Coalinga 1/2 Mile Airstrip Event. I remember watching it run and it was having a hard time getting any traction but did have the highest trap speed of the event.

I was thinking to myself that AWD may have been better for traps given all the time that was spent spinning the tires.

Old 01-12-2014, 02:00 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TwinTurboM3
America vs. Russia, Cold War is back....
I don't care what country he's from. I'm just saying he doesn't have the fastest Porsche. Which is the truth.

Old 01-12-2014, 02:39 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I don't care what country he's from. I'm just saying he doesn't have the fastest Porsche. Which is the truth.
I'm positive ES Motor has run a faster time than Megion.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video: world fastest Porsche 911 Tiptronic — Turbo DT1200R