997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Garage Ramps and Lift Pictures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 09:14 AM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
That looks great!! The carpet really added a nice clean look.
Thanks....So far so good Easy and cheap way to cover it, and adds a little cushion for the tires while it sits!...Only a couple months til warmer weather here in Illinois

Old 01-20-2014, 01:59 PM
997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light
Shoot, it looks clean, congrats!!

Old 01-20-2014, 06:21 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997ttR
Shoot, it looks clean, congrats!!
Thanks! I am going to tile the whole thing this spring....~1000 sq. ft...4 bays.should be fun

Also I will post a quick pic of the "R" we talked about in your other post...came out pretty good IMO...

DC

Old 01-22-2014, 08:52 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Congrats Rock! That looks great. You must be an engineer as a part time job.

I know you answered this question in another post but, I'm thinking of another scenario. Could you enter the car safely while its up?

I really like the Stealth mode approach.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by elite1
Congrats Rock! That looks great. You must be an engineer as a part time job.

I know you answered this question in another post but, I'm thinking of another scenario. Could you enter the car safely while its up?

I really like the Stealth mode approach.
Hi....Thanks. Yes...it is very stable when raised.....You will need a step or ladder to reach as it is about 40" to the bottom.....but very sturdy. I reach up into it (I am 6' 4") to start it and it seems very secure while it runs. Very handy!

Take care....

DC

PS....I am probably not smart enough to be an engineer

Old 01-22-2014, 09:39 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by therock88
Hi....Thanks. Yes...it is very stable when raised.....You will need a step or ladder to reach as it is about 40" to the bottom.....but very sturdy. I reach up into it (I am 6' 4") to start it and it seems very secure while it runs. Very handy!

Take care....

DC

PS....I am probably not smart enough to be an engineer

Okay, that does answer my question. If I can get into the car, even with a ladder, Its pretty safe.

Thanks for your help. I may end up purchasing this instead of the dual post setup.

P.S. never underestimate your potential knowledge rock.

Old 01-23-2016, 07:12 AM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by therock88
Thanks. Yes, I considered that, but was a lot more work, and some forget to bevel one edge so you can get it out if needed. One of the nice benefits is this lift is portable...So I can move to another bay and lift the Cayenne or other cars pretty easily. Yes, at some angles it does appear to be tilted back..But it is level. It is much heavier in the back end, but the lift is very adjustable and easy to get it balanced on the 4 jack points. I also have four of the aluminum jack blocks that lock in to the jack points so it is a clean lift.

I bought an Atlas from Greg Smith Equipment in Indiana...It is relatively close and they were willing to ship for not too much and use a gate lift at my house. Many vendors will only pull it to the back of the truck...or require it to be a business address...so that limits selection a bit.

DC
Hi folks,
resurrecting an old thread. Just peeved a bendpak scissor life similar to the one from the OP. However I miscalculation and the car is too low to drive over without a ramp. Other than building my own solution like the awesome OP did, is there a decently priced pretty built solution? I looked at Race Ramps but it costs almost as much as the Scissor lift. Any insight appreciated!

Wolf

Old 01-23-2016, 10:19 AM
saabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wolfnards
Hi folks,
resurrecting an old thread. Just peeved a bendpak scissor life similar to the one from the OP. However I miscalculation and the car is too low to drive over without a ramp. Other than building my own solution like the awesome OP did, is there a decently priced pretty built solution? I looked at Race Ramps but it costs almost as much as the Scissor lift. Any insight appreciated!

Wolf
I have a BP scissor lift as well and I looked around for a pre-built solution as well.. I had no luck and ended up building ramps like Rock, although mine are not as nice.. I didn't cover them and I have no cross pieces..

You will love the lift BTW, I use mine all the time..

Old 01-24-2016, 05:38 AM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by saabin
I have a BP scissor lift as well and I looked around for a pre-built solution as well.. I had no luck and ended up building ramps like Rock, although mine are not as nice.. I didn't cover them and I have no cross pieces..

You will love the lift BTW, I use mine all the time..
Thanks for the insight!

Old 01-24-2016, 07:14 AM
Originally Posted by wolfnards
Thanks for the insight!
Hi There....

If you have nay normal woodworking tools, you can easily build these. They ar every sturdy and work great, and have held up very well. You do not need the cross pieces, I just did it because I am ****

Here is a recent photo, where I allowed one of my non-Pcars (BMW to sit on my lift. These work great for a variety of cars, and you can slide the ramps around if you need to move the car up or back further.

Good luck...and let me know if you have any questions I can help with.
DC

Old 01-24-2016, 04:59 PM
vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !
Here is my lift

Old 01-24-2016, 05:10 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vr6tee
Here is my lift
I really want to get one of those. How do you like it? I did jack shaft garage door openers in hopes of putting a lift in at some point. Do you leave the posts in place when you aren't using it or do you take it down each time?

Old 01-24-2016, 05:13 PM
vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !
It's great. I leave the 1 post bolted against the wall at all times, and remove the inside post when I'm not using the lift. It only takes a couple minutes to bolt in/out and is completely out of the way when I'm not using it. Perfect lift.

Originally Posted by rix
I really want to get one of those. How do you like it? I did jack shaft garage door openers in hopes of putting a lift in at some point. Do you leave the posts in place when you aren't using it or do you take it down each time?

Old 01-24-2016, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by vr6tee
Here is my lift
That is a very nice set-up also. I like it!

Since I like tinkering with the cars so much, I figured I could go all out, and maybe make some money in the process?? So I bought this on the side..

Here is my other garage. I bought it last year during winter. Pretty cool to have. 6 bays, 20 ft ceilings, 5 - 10 ft 2 post lifts and 1- 4 post platform lift for the Hunter Hawkeye alignment machine...Tire balancers and mounting, welding machines, torches, pipe benders, lathes...You get the idea. If I break even I still feel pretty good that I can maintain my 5 cars for free
And have some techs to help out...if needed.

I think I may have taken my hobby a little too far...haha

DC

But I still use my scissors jack at home for simple stuff

Old 01-24-2016, 07:59 PM
Your a baller rock! Nice!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Garage Ramps and Lift Pictures