997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Purchased the FVD Tune and GREAT Indie

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 10:52 AM
4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice
Purchased the FVD Tune and GREAT Indie

Yesterday I purchased the FVD ECU tune from Green Motorsports in Springfield, VA for my 997.1TT. IMO the sale price ($1,197) was right and the $800.00 savings off retail made it a no brainer. I've never driven a tuned TT so I'm very interested and excited about what I hope is a major performance improvement. I'll post my impressions when the tune is installed this week.

I've also been looking for a great indie in NVA for a long time. Finally, my search is over. David Green owner of Green Motorsports is a NASA engineer by trade, a self-described Porsche enthusiast and racer by choice, and now, the owner of his own shop (Green Motorsports is an authorized FVD dealer) for the past three years. For those of you in NVA, DC, MD who are/have been looking for the best indie I can't say enough great things about David and Green Motorsports. Check out his website and look at all of the positive feedback. BTW, ask David if he'll let you drive his 800hp 2008 Cayenne Turbo S. You will never forget the experience!

Last edited by 4ocious; 02-03-2014 at 07:30 AM.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:52 PM
550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of
I've been thinking about an FVD tune as well, and the price is certainly great (especially against GIAC's $3000 price tag). I'm curious though, how much is it costing you to have Green Motorsports install the tune for you? My computer skills are OK, but all my computers are Apple which has sometimes presented problems when everything seems to be geared to PC's. Also, I'm curious how easy it is to convert back to standard tune for visits to the dealer, my car's a CPO. Thanks for any advice or insights...

Old 02-03-2014, 04:02 AM
fireballr32 is a jewel in the roughfireballr32 is a jewel in the roughfireballr32 is a jewel in the roughfireballr32 is a jewel in the rough
Congrats on your purchase! looking forward to read your impressions.

Originally Posted by 550bryan
I've been thinking about an FVD tune as well, and the price is certainly great (especially against GIAC's $3000 price tag). I'm curious though, how much is it costing you to have Green Motorsports install the tune for you? My computer skills are OK, but all my computers are Apple which has sometimes presented problems when everything seems to be geared to PC's. Also, I'm curious how easy it is to convert back to standard tune for visits to the dealer, my car's a CPO. Thanks for any advice or insights...
i pulled the trigger on the FVD tune aswell (not installed yet) and
my car's also a CPO.
your computer skills should be more than enough when using the MyGenius.
here's a video on how to install it:
however you'll need a windows pc i think.
converting back to standard tune is the same procedure.

haven't installed it yet as i'm waiting for the MyGenius to arrive,
but i'm sure it will be easy.

cheers,
Luke

Old 02-03-2014, 07:45 AM
4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice
David Green of Green Motorsports did not charge me anything additional for the installation. One thing we did notice however is saving the file to Windows 8.1 (his laptop) does not work. We saved it to my XP with Windows 7. The flash is also completely reversible. I would call FVD in Pompano Beach, FL and talk to them (Rhonda I think). Anyway, this is the best price I've ever seen for an FVD tune. The one thing FVD does is tune your TT to run any pump gas (91, 93 etc) and perform in any driving condition unlike the other tuners who tune your ECU for the region you live in. The FVD tune is perhaps a little less aggressive than the others but I like that too as I've heard and read you really can't tell the difference. JMO-

Old 02-06-2014, 01:53 PM
MTG01 is on a distinguished road
FVD Tune

My Experience...

I had the FVD tune and I did not like it as their aftermarket boost pressure sensor kept failing (2 so far) and the customer service was not good at all.

Old 02-06-2014, 03:10 PM
Bagger has a spectacular aura aboutBagger has a spectacular aura aboutBagger has a spectacular aura about
I was planning to buy a FVD tune kit for my '09 TT, but when I called ... Rhonda said to wait a few days since a nice price reduction was coming down the pike.

And, for ~ $1200 (saving nearly $800), I snapped one up. Came in the mail today.

Since it is 18* F outside and I've got over a foot of fresh snow on the ground .. I'm planning to install it a bit later and I'm looking forward to it.

FVD has always given me outstanding customer service. Always. Rhonda is awesome to deal with and I've spoken to Germany several times in the past as well.

When I had an issue with a FVD exhaust, FVD paid to send me another unit, paid to have the old unit removed (labor) and paid to have the new exhaust installed as well. Plus, they paid for shipping back to Germany ! How sensational is that customer service?

Old 02-06-2014, 03:37 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MTG01
My Experience...

I had the FVD tune and I did not like it as their aftermarket boost pressure sensor kept failing (2 so far) and the customer service was not good at all.
Very sorry to hear this.

Can you let me know who you spoke with at our facility? Or was this perhaps done at a shop or dealer that is outside the FVD network? Would you also pm me your Vin# so that I can research your software map. I would like to rectify this for you if possible.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net