997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

HBC4S will now be known as HBC4S/TURBO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 02:19 PM
KIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to all
HBC4S will now be known as HBC4S/TURBO

Finally got into the big leagues !!!
After (1) 2005 Carrera, (2) 911 C4S ( one 2009 and one 2011) I just picked up a 2011 GT Silver Turbo with 12,350 miles, one owner , only hit one and two on the DME report.
All I can say is WOW!!!!!
Do these things fly !!!
Sure I am only getting 7 miles a gallon the first weekend, Yeah I have to go to the plastic surgeons office to get this grin taken off my face that seems to be now permanent, but its all worth it.
Guys, I get it, Big Time.

Old 08-25-2014, 02:39 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
congrats, welcome to the club..
You know, John Travolta actually paid a plastic surgeon money to get that smile on his face. He should have bought a Porsche TT!!

Old 08-25-2014, 02:47 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
I get it. Had a C2S and made the "mistake" of driving my friends 997 Turbo. I now own a Turbo.

Old 08-25-2014, 02:56 PM
Tareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

Congratulations & welcome to the family!

Trust me you better get used to that grin because it's not going to be permanent

Old 08-25-2014, 03:02 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Welcome. I see you are in Huntington Beach...that's very close to one of the best Porsche performance shops in the world - BBi Autosport.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:12 PM
gregp714 has a spectacular aura aboutgregp714 has a spectacular aura aboutgregp714 has a spectacular aura about
Welcome. The grin never fades man, and it gets wider with each mod. Love my Turbo.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:16 PM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! Stock car is sure a great power upgrade over your previous cars but there is so much untapped potential in it. Definitely look into getting a tune for it.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:19 PM
Topher is just really niceTopher is just really niceTopher is just really niceTopher is just really niceTopher is just really nice
I drove to Jacksonville to test drive a 2010 911 Carrera GTS and the salesman told me we just got this 997.1tt so try it out. Holy crap, after I drove the turbo that was it! As you can guess I bought it and now have a permanent smile on my face

Yes I know each Porsche model has it's place, purpose, and price point, but the turbo was mind blowing and I couldn't help myself.

Enjoy yours!

Chris

Old 08-25-2014, 05:20 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Congrats and welcome...you've taken the first step, now you have a decision to make (1) take the blue pill, keep her stock and enjoy or (2) take the red pill and venture down the rabbit hole...mods!

Old 08-25-2014, 07:52 PM
gregp714 has a spectacular aura aboutgregp714 has a spectacular aura aboutgregp714 has a spectacular aura about
All the "cool kids" take the red pill c'mon man, do it. Hehehe.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:08 PM
KIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to all
Thanks guys for the welcome , good detail and a clear bra for now .
Any suggestions ?

Old 08-25-2014, 08:13 PM
ambroses is on a distinguished road
Outstanding! Glad you joined the club!

Old 08-25-2014, 09:45 PM
Cscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of light
Just got mine a couple weeks ago, so I know the feeling. People keep talking about mods to increase power, but this thing stock is already too fast. I couldn't imagine it with a hundred more horsepower. Every time I hit the gas, the last thing I'm thinking is "I wish it had more power". All I'm trying to do is judge how much time before I need to put the ceramics to work. But like anything, I'm sure I'll get "used to it" after a few months. Enjoy yours in good health!

Old 08-25-2014, 10:38 PM
9LVN_TT is on a distinguished road
Congrats!

I can't believe no one has not told you.....TTIUWP! Post up some pics!

Enjoy!

Last edited by 9LVN_TT; 08-26-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:20 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Buy a Cobb AP and an exhaust. You think the car is fast now...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.