997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

TPC DSC has transformed my stock suspension Turbo!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 12:24 PM
cam99 will become famous soon enoughcam99 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by seattlebum
you guys are making it very hard to resist spending more money on my car...
+100

Old 12-01-2014, 02:10 PM
david75 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Harris@TPCRacing
The .2 still has advantages. The spring rate on a stock .2 car is stiffer than a .1 and also the .2 factory sway bars are stiffer as well.
Starting from a .1, is there a way to upgrade to the .2 suspension with stock components? or if going 3rd-party, which set of springs and bars would you recommend?

I'm not looking for the low ride look or super-stiff track config. More like staying up to date with the way Porsche manages handling on recent cars.

Old 12-01-2014, 03:30 PM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by david75
Starting from a .1, is there a way to upgrade to the .2 suspension with stock components? or if going 3rd-party, which set of springs and bars would you recommend?

I'm not looking for the low ride look or super-stiff track config. More like staying up to date with the way Porsche manages handling on recent cars.

You can upgrade to .2 with factory replacement parts, but that will get very pricey. I would recommend a set of Damptronic shocks with a decent spring rate that we can help you select and our TPC Racing Pro Race Adjustable Sway Bars. If you are interested in discussing a setup like this, please feel free to email or PM me.

Old 12-01-2014, 06:52 PM
Cscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of light
Interesting device. Maybe I will add it to mine! This may be a silly question, but do you think this would reduce tire wear on the track as well since its not loading up the outside tires as much? I was going through a full set of rubber every 2 weeks this past summer just with weekend track days. Car is bone stock with stock alignment settings.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:44 PM
Taeisallin is on a distinguished road
harris, any update on when the next shippment will be in? cant wait to try this

Old 12-02-2014, 12:27 PM
david75 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Harris@TPCRacing
You can upgrade to .2 with factory replacement parts, but that will get very pricey. I would recommend a set of Damptronic shocks with a decent spring rate that we can help you select and our TPC Racing Pro Race Adjustable Sway Bars. If you are interested in discussing a setup like this, please feel free to email or PM me.
This confirms that I will want to try the DSC first The need to combine springs (also toe links i suppose) as well as sway bars, make that step a lot more involved. But food for thought when upgraditis strikes back.

Thanks

Old 12-02-2014, 12:56 PM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Taeisallin
harris, any update on when the next shippment will be in? cant wait to try this
Our next production run should be in by the end of the month or early January. I will keep everyone posted once we receive the boxes!