997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 Turbo prospective owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 10:50 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Zybane
I will check out the wheel thread. I know wheels though besides weight and strength are completely subjective. I absolutely love some of the HRE wheels though!

I am having a inspection done on the car, I wonder with the Tiptronic if a DME readout is needed? Can the car even get into over-rev's?

Ya PCCB is kind a mixed blessing. I love the initial bite of them, the look and the no brake dust but if I ever have to replace them, geez!

As for suspension, since he didn't list anything I take it's stock. Can the suspension height be adjusted on a stock 997.1? The wheel gap is just a bit too large for me and I'd like to lower it .5 to 1 inch. I know after doing that it should really be re-aligned..

As for the K40, I know it's a lower quality unit. I have a STi-R plus and laser interceptor in my other vehicle. I will have to look into the K40 and see if I can update it and or be comfortable with it enough to trust without having an internal radar detector like my Redline in a sports car.... well as I drive quite fast.

I haven't driven the car yet, when I put the Tip into sport mode how does it act? Will it hold a gear if I manually shift like my GTR or will it automatically up-shift? I'm not sure if Weistec reprogrammed it or what. I have an email into them to see if they can tell me all what was done.
Tips do not overrev unless the software allows it and it will never go to the dangerous 4+
You can toss some tech art Springs and lower it with out upsetting the intentions of the car in handling it will drop it to a nice look.
Manual mode is that. It won't let you break it or stall it.
I would ask what they did they might have added all the stuff I want.

Old 01-05-2015, 11:12 AM
Zybane is on a distinguished road
From Weistec:

Our transmission builds consist of the following

All new clutch packs with increase number of clutches
Custom machining to some internal components
Cryogenic hardening of the transmission internals
Valvebody modifications to provide faster and firmer shifts, and increased line pressure

The transmission can hold to 1000hp and torque(rated at the engine).

As with all transmissions, heat is a killer especially on awd vehicles such as the 997 your purchased. upgraded transmission cooling would be a very good thing to do if the vehicle has not already had the transmission cooling upgraded.

Sounds like they did the real deal on this trans, I'll just have to take a look at the cooling system.

Old 01-05-2015, 01:34 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Zybane
From Weistec:

Our transmission builds consist of the following

All new clutch packs with increase number of clutches
Custom machining to some internal components
Cryogenic hardening of the transmission internals
Valvebody modifications to provide faster and firmer shifts, and increased line pressure

The transmission can hold to 1000hp and torque(rated at the engine).

As with all transmissions, heat is a killer especially on awd vehicles such as the 997 your purchased. upgraded transmission cooling would be a very good thing to do if the vehicle has not already had the transmission cooling upgraded.

Sounds like they did the real deal on this trans, I'll just have to take a look at the cooling system.
I think GIAC has a trans software but you shouldnt need it. You can ask the GMG or Alpha9 people if they did anything.