997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

TPC's DSC quick review...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 07:52 AM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
Just ordered 5 minutes ago, very excited to get this into the TTS!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8/18
ordered yesterday morning and its going to be delivered today to NY. WOW, that's service. Excited!!!

Last edited by Lennon31987; 08-18-2015 at 10:10 AM.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:04 AM
TurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to behold
hi everyone, I really like the updated compression settings but does anyone feel that the rebound is set too fast? it's seems to get bouncy through some of the rough stuff unsettling the car. I'm using techart springs with RSS dog links and bump toe steer kit f and r.

Old 08-17-2015, 03:57 PM
Banned
turbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to behold
what I truly want to know is if a bilstein pss10 coilover paired with the tpc module is better than a conventional coilover such as the ohlins road and track or jrz rs1 kit. which performs better? does the bonus of the pasm active suspension really out perform conventional struts?

Old 08-18-2015, 01:50 AM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by turbofever
what I truly want to know is if a bilstein pss10 coilover paired with the tpc module is better than a conventional coilover such as the ohlins road and track or jrz rs1 kit. which performs better? does the bonus of the pasm active suspension really out perform conventional struts?
good question!

Old 08-24-2015, 11:34 AM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
In my opinion yes it is is better than a conventional coilover. Tuning a suspension is all about managing compromises. A suspension tuned for a certain track or for a certain road will be sub-optimal for other tracks or road conditions. Based on this premise and given that the car will be used in different conditions, the TPC DSC module allows you to easily change the suspension set-up (not the hard points such as roll-bar stiffness adjustment, etc.). The module allows three maps to be stored and you can switch them on the fly, however, you can have as many maps as you want on a computer and then download them onto the DSC module from the computer. In this way, you have unlimited tunability.

I have the module in my car and I absolutely love it and TPC Racing will be releasing software where you can tune the sytem yourself (call them or take a look this new thread https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...on-thread.html

As others start developing and tuning the maps they can be shared and downloaded by the user and I envisage that soon we'll have the ability to download maps for a certain track under dry and rain as well as let's say qualifying set-up.

Real fascinating stuff in my opinion.

Old 08-24-2015, 01:56 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Question, how is the dsc module mode 3 compared to sport mode at the track, 997.1tt stock suspension?
Tia
C

Old 08-24-2015, 10:36 PM
cjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond repute
Chris,

Mode 3 improves the turn-in a lot and feels better planted compared to stock sport mode. Yet it is not as jarring on rough pavement. I really love this box with the stock suspension - which I found downright scary at speed in the twisty stuff. I am still planning to do the full suspension soon though. I'll use PASM compatible coilovers and keep the DSC.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:38 AM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Chris,

I can't speak to the .1TT however on a .2TTS, the improvements from the DSC over stock Sport suspension mode is quite noticeable. I had the opportunity to run the DSC at Limerock in the wet, in mode 3 (stiffest setting) it performed great. Corner adjustments were precise (less body roll) which allowed for increased road handling in the wet! On the track my immediate feeling was that I had to perform less steering input to achieve the desired outcome, always a formula for a 'smoother' track lap.

On the street, while stiffer than stock Sport mode, mode 3 retains exceptional damping abilities resulting in a less jarring ride over stock Sport mode. Truly a great package.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:14 AM
freddiemac is on a distinguished road
You can't really compare them directly. The DSC box adds intelligence dynamically.

The 3 things that I noticed immediately after installing:

1) Less nose dive during braking as DSC stiffens up the front struts during braking

2) Less understeer, it stiffens the rear outside shock it feels like, and the car rotates nicely now where it use to push especially during the quick lower speed turns.

3) Car is more compliant and comfortable over most roads. It still can't handle some of the rough streets of San Francisco like a modern Ferrari w/magnetic shocks. I suspect that if you spend some dough to get the Tractive shocks through TPC, you may get the same level of comfort/performance with DSC compared to Ferrari's. They are suppose to act just about as fast, ~10mS reactions like the Ferraris. The factory Porsche 997.1 shocks are probably 10x to 50x slower, so you can't independently adjust at each corner as well over rough streets, although in the above 2 cases, they do just fine.

So in essence, you're getting 2/3 features of a modern adaptive suspension with just the DSC box, or bringing your suspension to ~67% on par with the one on say a 488 or Hurican.

Last edited by freddiemac; 08-25-2015 at 10:25 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-25-2015, 04:34 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by freddiemac
You can't really compare them directly. The DSC box adds intelligence dynamically.

The 3 things that I noticed immediately after installing:

1) Less nose dive during braking as DSC stiffens up the front struts during braking

2) Less understeer, it stiffens the rear outside shock it feels like, and the car rotates nicely now where it use to push especially during the quick lower speed turns.

3) Car is more compliant and comfortable over most roads. It still can't handle some of the rough streets of San Francisco like a modern Ferrari w/magnetic shocks. I suspect that if you spend some dough to get the Tractive shocks through TPC, you may get the same level of comfort/performance with DSC compared to Ferrari's. They are suppose to act just about as fast, ~10mS reactions like the Ferraris. The factory Porsche 997.1 shocks are probably 10x to 50x slower, so you can't independently adjust at each corner as well over rough streets, although in the above 2 cases, they do just fine.

So in essence, you're getting 2/3 features of a modern adaptive suspension with just the DSC box, or bringing your suspension to ~67% on par with the one on say a 488 or Hurican.
Great observation and comment!

Old 08-25-2015, 09:29 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
I don't know why it took me so long to play with this device but I finally tried Mode 2. I have GMG springs and sways. On Mode 1 the car is pretty comfy for my daily commute and just a little bouncy on irregular surfaces. I recall that it was an improvement over pre-DSC module but it has been so long since I had a stock suspension that I can't even remember what it was like.

Anyway, I put it to Mode 2 the other day and WOW, this is niiiiice. It just tightens things up juuuust right, and there is no extra bounce. On my daily commute the roads are pretty good but there are some bumpy areas which are totally tolerable even in Mode 2. If I had my wife in the car I might change to Mode 1 but probably not. I haven't tried Mode 3 yet. I will be at Mosport in October and can't wait to see how it handles there. Based on Mode 2 I'm super excited about getting on the track.

Old 09-03-2015, 03:09 PM
Gem Mook is on a distinguished road
Just added this to my 997.1TT on oe suspension and was pretty impressed with the gizmo. It gives you three modes you can use all of them, none of which feel as compromise-ish as the OE soft/sport in summary.

Nice work TPC

Has anyone tried the DSc+DDA kit they sell on a 997? on street? on track?
My 991 is more a track build target and I'm eager to see that come out

It seems like a great option but I cant justify in a build that is primarily streetcar with the odd track day here or there

I'm between adding the
techart coils+TPC sways($$$)
GMG coils+sways($$)
and the off the shelf eibach reg'lar springs and sways ($)

has anyone driven these other two with a DSC by chance? seems there are happy dsc users on the gmg setup, what about others? I prefer stiffer for higher traction tires for de days

Old 09-03-2015, 08:29 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gem Mook
Just added this to my 997.1TT on oe suspension and was pretty impressed with the gizmo. It gives you three modes you can use all of them, none of which feel as compromise-ish as the OE soft/sport in summary.

Nice work TPC

Has anyone tried the DSc+DDA kit they sell on a 997? on street? on track?
My 991 is more a track build target and I'm eager to see that come out

It seems like a great option but I cant justify in a build that is primarily streetcar with the odd track day here or there

I'm between adding the
techart coils+TPC sways($$$)
GMG coils+sways($$)
and the off the shelf eibach reg'lar springs and sways ($)

has anyone driven these other two with a DSC by chance? seems there are happy dsc users on the gmg setup, what about others? I prefer stiffer for higher traction tires for de days
see the post directly above yours, lol. GMG springs and sways and DSC unit are great.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:28 AM
911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of
I have a 997.2 TT with the bilstein pss10 b16 daptronic suspension. Had the car corner balanced, etc. ran really well on the track. A bit too stiff for my tastes for the street. I wanted to try the dsc module to see if it made it any better for the street. And it did! Also similar performance on the track (I didn't notice a drastic change). But still too stiff for me on the street so I put the stock suspension back with the dsc. So far much more comfortable on the street and stiffer than stock (less bouncy). I haven't tried it with the stock suspension and the dsc module on the track but it's a good balance of comfort and stiffness for the street.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:41 PM
DÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant future
Would it be fair to compare this device to PDCC in the 991?
Anyone try a DSC equipped 997.2 and then compared to a 991 with PDCC?

I have PDCC in the 2014 Cayenne TTS and have first hand comparison to the Cayenne S - night and day in terms of high speed cornering - no body roll;

I have a 2010 Turbo 997.2 PDK and am leaning towards buying this; The car still feels a little skittish at high speed banked turns followed by braking. And I echo the sentiments with OEM PASM - off is too soft and on is bouncy and harsh.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TPC's DSC quick review...