997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Front Lip Options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 08:02 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TheInfamousDrew
Any info? I can't seem to find any
Google "9ff 997 turbo front lip". Last picture bottom left
http://www.9ff.com/en/store/

Last edited by jhbrennan; 02-06-2015 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:53 PM
ThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to all
It's a disposable product. Buy a few from Suncoast and enjoy your Porsche

Old 02-07-2015, 03:28 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TheInfamousDrew
So...what options are out there for the front lip spoiler?

Techart 1, around $2400 new, but could be found on used market, extremely very rarely unfortunately. Some company, Precision Porsche I think http://precision911.com/997-turbo-updates-18-P-1.html makes very similar looking spoiler (I've no knowledge/direct experience as far as fit/finish), mine is Techart original which as expected has perfect quality:

Last edited by cannga; 02-07-2015 at 05:32 AM.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:22 AM
cjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond repute
FWIW I am very happy with the $199 eBay one, and bought a 2nd as a spare. I would have a REALLY hard time dropping $800-$2000 for a wear & tear part like this (even if it were CF).

Old 02-07-2015, 09:58 AM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by campbellcj
FWIW I am very happy with the $199 eBay one, and bought a 2nd as a spare. I would have a REALLY hard time dropping $800-$2000 for a wear & tear part like this (even if it were CF).
I am also very happy with the ebay product, and I also bought 2 of them because I consider these to be consumables. I was lucky enough to buy mine when they were $150, and I just can't see paying a huge price for an item that will eventually get chewed up.

Cannga, your car and the techart lip are beautiful, but $2400, damn

Last edited by kwiksilver; 02-07-2015 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-07-2015, 11:31 AM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by campbellcj
Originally Posted by kwiksilver
I am also very happy with the ebay product, and I also bought 2 of them because I consider these to be consumables. I was lucky enough to buy mine when they were $150, and I just can't see paying a huge price for an item that will eventually get chewed up.

Cannga, your car and the techart lip are beautiful, but $2400, damn
+2 on the $200 ebay part! I concur it's a consumable item! Paint match body color and be done with it...

Old 02-07-2015, 02:51 PM
TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !
Thanks for all the replies guys.
I'm not concerned about the cost the OEM one or the quality of the Ebay one.

I was simply looking for alternatives that don't look like the OEM one or the aero kit.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:17 PM
roketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really nice
Sun coast has the GT2 and GT2RS lips .I think they are about 500.
This the GT2RS one on my car

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_7157.JPG (1.74 MB, 284 views)

Last edited by roketman; 02-09-2015 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:39 AM
Slate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant future
You can't beat the looks of the werks 1 carbon fibre front lip... Pricey though

Last edited by Slate997TT; 02-09-2015 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:45 AM
PenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Slate997TT
Can beat the looks of the werks 1 carbon fibre front lip... Pricey though
I 2nd this - werks1 looks beautiful and actually pulls downforce on the front end

Old 02-09-2015, 01:44 PM
roketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really nice
For me I choose not to mess with aerodynamics .The factory aero engineers spend countless hours developing the right package.Most times the after market stuff is not even tested in a wind tunnel. I know I can’t out smart the factory guys!
PS your red turbo looks awesome!

Old 02-09-2015, 01:47 PM
PenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by roketman
For me I choose not to mess with aerodynamics .The factory aero engineers spend countless hours developing the right package.Most times the after market stuff is not even tested in a wind tunnel. I know I can’t out smart the factory guys!
PS your red turbo looks awesome!
Although you are partially correct in your statement, you must know that the 911 Turbo is not a track car, therefore it is built with touring comfort in mind. It is the reason why the Turbo and the GT2RS and GT3RS are such different animals. The 911 Turbo did not undergo countless hours of wind tunnel testing simply because it was not intended for heavy track use. That is why the GT cars are there for. So as you might be correct that most aero parts are not typically wind tunnel tested, the Werks1 Parts are, and they have proven to seriously improve down force in the front end. You can't go wrong with those parts.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:53 PM
cam99 will become famous soon enoughcam99 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by roketman
Sun coast has the GT2 and GT2RS lips .I think they are about 500.
This the GT2RS one on my car
Will this lip fit a TT.1 ??

Old 02-10-2015, 01:06 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cam99
Will this lip fit a TT.1 ??
No...not on the TT bumper.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:53 PM
Nevermiss is on a distinguished road
I also have the Tech Art type 1 front lip spoiler and side skirts. I really like it, but now I realize how much beating the front lip spoiler gets. Not the best decision to spend this much $$ on something that will likely get a beating and soon need replaced.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front Lip Options?