997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

OEM exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 07:57 PM
oddjob142 is on a distinguished road
OEM exhaust

I am looking to buy a 997t out of state. The car has an aftermarket exhaust and was curious if the factory exhaust will fit inside the frunk OR inside the car. I am not sure if the exhaust comes apart in the middle of the two mufflers. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, will an aftermarket exhaust void warranty if the car is certified by porsche? Thanks...

Old 07-27-2015, 09:48 PM
au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !
May fit on front seat with passenger seat reclined

Old 07-27-2015, 11:22 PM
nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !
OEM exhaust

It should fit in the front passenger seat, would want it well packed and secured (seatbelt) to prevent damage to the interior.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:26 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
It will fit with the seat reclined, but you want to be VERY careful to wrap it up in something soft or it could really damage the interior.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:36 PM
NBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud of
The enclosed lift-gate specialty carriers are used to shipping cars with extra wheels, parts, etc... Have them quote you a price for the car and the exhaust, no reason to cram it in there and risk dinging the leather imo.

An aftermarket exhaust shouldn't impact CPO status, however, some dealers are a little more militant than others regarding modded cars. To be safe, if it has an aftermarket tune you might want to flash it back to stock before your first service visit but don't worry if all it has is exhaust. Your CPO should cover everything except the exhaust.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:37 AM
D@S_turbo is on a distinguished road
dont risk it, ship it.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:51 AM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
No problem it fits easily i just had to put mine in the front seat to take to my tuner, to switch it out so i could get smogged ,just recline the seat back & i wrapped it in an old bed comforter.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:53 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by twturbo
No problem it fits easily i just had to put mine in the front seat to take to my tuner, to switch it out so i could get smogged ,just recline the seat back & i wrapped it in an old bed comforter.
^^this is what I've done in the past.