997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Going to the Slowest Drag Strip in teh Country

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 06:04 AM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck and keep us posted!

Old 08-01-2015, 10:49 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Good luck and keep us posted!
First run freak launch! Next launch was 1.82 and then a 1.97 haha

Old 08-01-2015, 11:01 AM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longboarder
First run freak launch! Next launch was 1.82 and then a 1.97 haha

Congrats on the slip, way to go bro!!!

Old 08-01-2015, 11:28 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Congrats on the slip, way to go bro!!!
Thx haha. I have low et and highest trap of the day so far and everything here besides me and three gtrs are dedicated tailored drag cars and no joke dragsters one on nitromethane wtf.

Old 08-01-2015, 12:11 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice!

Old 08-01-2015, 05:50 PM
That's all she had. Track became dangerous like an ice rink for some reason - everyone was having trouble - and I came within a couple feet of the wall and called it quits.

Can't be any happier at Fontana and in the middle of summer no less.

EDIT: DA was +2,620 for my first run and went up from there.

I need to suck it up and get up to Sacramento this winter with rear 18" drag radials to have a shot at 9's.

Last edited by longboarder; 08-01-2015 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:10 PM
Me almost hitting the wall:

https://vimeo.com/135153862

Old 08-01-2015, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by longboarder
Me almost hitting the wall:

https://vimeo.com/135153862
That was really close��, glad all is well!

Old 08-04-2015, 09:52 AM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Nice run , especially given the conditions! Good stuff

Old 08-04-2015, 12:21 PM
NBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud of
Good lord, it'd take drag radials and a 1000hp to get a 6.5/100mph eighth in a 6MT wouldn't it? That's stupid quick.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:29 PM
That was really close��, glad all is well!

Thx brother!

Originally Posted by akunob
Nice run , especially given the conditions! Good stuff

Thx I was happier with this result compared to my quicker ET and faster MPH at Famoso in February. I don't really like drag racing and now there is absolutely no reason ever to go back to Fontana ha.

Originally Posted by NBoost
Good lord, it'd take drag radials and a 1000hp to get a 6.5/100mph eighth in a 6MT wouldn't it? That's stupid quick.

I think for a MT it would be difficult to get a 6.5 1/8th unless a lot of power, slicks, clutch and driveline work. The PDK is really something else.

Old 08-06-2015, 11:31 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Adam,
Im up here in San Jose let me know when you plan a trip to Sacramento , I was just waiting for the weather to cool down at night say around October to run Sacramento. With any luck GIAC and Champion will have there new goodies out for the 991 by then. Nice Save on your run.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
Adam,
Im up here in San Jose let me know when you plan a trip to Sacramento , I was just waiting for the weather to cool down at night say around October to run Sacramento. With any luck GIAC and Champion will have there new goodies out for the 991 by then. Nice Save on your run.
Thx yeah I'll let you know if we organize a trip. I'd like a 9-sec slip and have a much better chance at Sac. Just don't really want to drive that far.

Intercoolers are a game changer so you will be able to run a lot more boost when Champion is finished!

Old 09-16-2015, 10:19 PM
mayoof will become famous soon enoughmayoof will become famous soon enough
Nice run Adam. You will definately hit 9s with drag radials and better prep.

Old 09-17-2015, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by mayoof
Nice run Adam. You will definately hit 9s with drag radials and better prep.
Thank you for the kind words Mayoof!

Our tracks are not very good here unfortunately so my hope of getting 9's on street tires has vanished. I have the trap speed for it, just need to get the 60-foot time in the 1.4X range. Other 997.2's have done it at good tracks with the R888 tires but not me.

I have signed up for a private drag event in December with hopefully density altitude under +2,000 feet and am planning rear 18" wheels with Mickey Thompson ET streets.

Cheers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Going to the Slowest Drag Strip in teh Country