997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Two pedals are faster than three

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 03:08 PM
K24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks
Longborder, I really believe something was up with Anthony's car in that roll on, not sure if tuning related, mechanical or driver or a combo of things. We have run our manual 3076 car at 700awhp/625awtq back months ago (Mustang numbers, less than 830 Dynojet) against a very similarly equipped if not the same 997.2 PDK and even with the 68s on the car, intercoolers, y-pipe, plenum, giac 68s race map and race gas on the car the 997.1 manual 3076 car was faster and the roll ons didn't look like the vid you showed.

In any case, Anthony's car is a completely different beast now and he'd put on some major hurting on our insignificant and slow little stock motor setup

Dzenno@PTF
+1, my Protomotive E85 A30s 997.1TT has no chance from a dig against any stock 997.2 PDK, but kills easily all tuned or not 997.2/991TTS we met from a roll on run. (About 800crankhp, sub 5' 60-130, sub 8' 60-150 @1,55Bar)
Nevertheless, adam's car must be one of the most efficient 997.2TTS on earth...

Last edited by K24F; 08-31-2015 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:36 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Longborder, I really believe something was up with Anthony's car in that roll on, not sure if tuning related, mechanical or driver or a combo of things. We have run our manual 3076 car at 700awhp/625awtq back months ago (Mustang numbers, less than 830 Dynojet) against a very similarly equipped if not the same 997.2 PDK and even with the 68s on the car, intercoolers, y-pipe, plenum, giac 68s race map and race gas on the car the 997.1 manual 3076 car was faster and the roll ons didn't look like the vid you showed.

In any case, Anthony's car is a completely different beast now and he'd put on some major hurting on our insignificant and slow little stock motor setup

Dzenno@PTF
You have a vid of your 997.1 racing and beating Efi's car?

Old 08-31-2015, 03:43 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7
First I don't agree he got the hit, he hit it but then quickly let off. But....as I said you lost and you are out of the ability to go higher. Anthony is now 1000hp higher than that car was....so again, three pedals can be faster than 2!

Of course a PDK is faster from a dig
He didn't let off. He hit it in 2nd gear and then shifted to 3rd gear.

The point of my post was simply to ask you about your statement because it appeared to me that you said with the same aftermarket mods, a 6MT will beat a PDK, which sounded odd. Because it's not possible. There are some 3.8 DI motors with manual transmissions, and so apples to apples with the same mods, they will never be as fast as their PDK counterparts.

Of course the 3.6L 6MT cars can do more mods due to the trans and fuel system. We all know that. That is a different platform altogether.

Old 08-31-2015, 04:58 PM
Ms4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond repute
Have to mention, my 996 (old setup 3076's, proto tune, blow thru, E85 at 29psi and mid 750whp) would walk away hard on my 997 PDK with Giac tune C-16 and very similar mods to yours. We did it 50 times to confirm .

Something in the vid feels off, just sayin

Originally Posted by longboarder
It might be faster above a certain speed. So here's when I was around 600 wheel racing a 997.1 (Anthony's old Switzer E911 set up) making 830 wheel. Even though he got the hit and has 230 more wheel HP, I caught him and he didn't really pull until just before the end at around 145mph.

So if you are going for triple digit speeds then yeah the 6MT should have an advantage with 200 more HP. But from a dig or anything below 100mph the PDK car will win.

Porsche 911 (997.2) Turbo S bolt on vs Porsche 911 (997.1) Turbo Switzer E911 - YouTube

Old 09-01-2015, 06:22 AM
ThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to all
The other thing about the Panamera is that it has a different engine. It's a beast too.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by Ms4cd
Have to mention, my 996 (old setup 3076's, proto tune, blow thru, E85 at 29psi and mid 750whp) would walk away hard on my 997 PDK with Giac tune C-16 and very similar mods to yours. We did it 50 times to confirm .

Something in the vid feels off, just sayin

Well in fact Anthony did walk away from me hard when I had the GIAC tune, IPD plenum and race gas. See at 4:45 mark of the vid below:

But after adding intercoolers, BBI exhaust and Y pipe, and reflash to 9-second file (and by the way, there are a few versions of this 9-sec file...not all GIAC 997.2 stage 2 cars are created equal ). Then the race got much closer:

So you ask well maybe that was a fluke. Ok so check out this race against another 997.1...this time a built 3.8 litre with 3076's. See at 3:30:

I have other vids which prove the point. And by the way my car is a lot faster now. You can see on the race against Kong I was fuel cutting at 150mph toward the end of the race. That has since been fixed. Car is running incredibly well.

I think you guys forget that my car is not like any other 997.2. Saying that someone else has similar mods is simply not comparable. How many others are running 30psi mid-range? The only comparable car is Efi's. We have basically the same tune. He's on 68's and I'm on stock turbos...but we are both pushing the fueling limits and our cars have quite a bit more than any other 997.2 out there.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:44 AM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longboarder
You have a vid of your 997.1 racing and beating Efi's car?
No, not sure who Efi is but this car that I mentioned didn't run the 30psi tune you have right now. It was a tune set for 68s and all boltons on race gas, 23psi I believe. Quite ballsy you're pushing it that hard in midrange on the stock rods Did you get a chance to try a 60-130 pass since you loaded the new tune?

Old 09-01-2015, 10:01 AM
Ms4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond repute
All I am saying - 230whp difference, if in fact correct and driven properly 6-speed would walk away, hard.

I know your .2 is faster and no I do not run the the 30 psi tune.
Keeping in mind I compared my 996 6-speed and .2 PDK with roughly 150-200whp less, it was nowhere close.

Last edited by Ms4cd; 09-01-2015 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:14 AM
AP1to911 is just really niceAP1to911 is just really niceAP1to911 is just really niceAP1to911 is just really nice
I mean...

which planet have you been on for the last 7 years?

of course the .2 PDK shifts much faster. and you think that's fast?

991 PDK feels lightyears quicker.

Long live the Third pedal !!!!!!!

Old 09-01-2015, 12:43 PM
No, not sure who Efi is but this car that I mentioned didn't run the 30psi tune you have right now. It was a tune set for 68s and all boltons on race gas, 23psi I believe. Quite ballsy you're pushing it that hard in midrange on the stock rods Did you get a chance to try a 60-130 pass since you loaded the new tune?
Efi and I both have very large capacity meth systems. I would doubt there is any other 997.2 in the world making the power we are. Only Efi and I have a tune that provides 30psi in the mid-range. He's on Champion 68's, and I'm on stock turbos. Our extra power is coming from the extra fueling. And the tuning expertise of GIAC. If meth doesn't flow, we are very safe.

If you raced someone else, even with a GIAC tune and 68's, it's not making the power that Efi and I are making.

I haven't done a glory run 60-130 with this set up. I was driving home one evening and for some reason I was in a pocket with no traffic and I took advantage of the situation...inserted the SD card in the vBox and busted out a 6.3, 6.4 and 6.5 right in a row. It was warm, minimal slope, pump gas. This thing has high- and possibly mid-5's in it if I actually try.

Old 09-01-2015, 12:55 PM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
The thread intention by op was to mention how crazy pdk feels coming from a manual . Was in same situation myself tiptronic to pdk . Also pdk can do a lot with less , thats what longboarder tried to say but everyone brough a stupid exuse that their zillion hp p car is faster , well not everybody goes full engine built , most of us stay fbo

Old 09-01-2015, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
The thread intention by op was to mention how crazy pdk feels coming from a manual . Was in same situation myself tiptronic to pdk . Also pdk can do a lot with less , thats what longboarder tried to say but everyone brough a stupid exuse that their zillion hp p car is faster , well not everybody goes full engine built , most of us stay fbo
Amen. There is an acceleration advantage for certain. How much HP is it worth? That's the question. The answer is that it depends because if it's a 1/4 mile race, it may be a 200+ HP advantage. On a roll-on starting at 100mph going to 150mph, it may only need a 50 HP advantage or less. For a more traditional 1/2 mile roll-on race starting at 40-50 mph, somewhere north of 50...maybe 100.

Old 09-01-2015, 02:26 PM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
Same reason GTR's with 100hp less than me would out-trap me by 7-10mph and jump on me quick after the launch.

If I am not smashing my gears, shift time is probably 1.5-2 seconds, versus the 200ms it takes the PDK to shift in a 997

I'll never argue with the efficiency of a PDK, it shifts 6-10x faster and that time makes all the difference.

Old 09-01-2015, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
The original statement was more like "230 more wheel HP" essentially not being correct, hence people starting to chime in.

Old 09-02-2015, 04:25 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by dhahlen
Same reason GTR's with 100hp less than me would out-trap me by 7-10mph and jump on me quick after the launch.

If I am not smashing my gears, shift time is probably 1.5-2 seconds, versus the 200ms it takes the PDK to shift in a 997

I'll never argue with the efficiency of a PDK, it shifts 6-10x faster and that time makes all the difference.
1.5-2 second shift times during a race??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Two pedals are faster than three