997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

No need for bigger turbos..Garth and Fabworx deliver

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 07:05 AM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DSCOFF
TurtleTooned.com has an email address that goes to Garth
Thanks for info..

Old 06-19-2016, 09:03 PM
02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !
How do you like the setup so far? Have you tried some race gas on it yet? I am in the middle of installing things and looking at the injectors, looks like a PITA! Thinking of doing the injectors this fall/winter when I bring the engine down to pin the coolant fittings. That would leave me with a setup close to yours, but with no cats. I won't be able to throw E85 on it till I do the injectors.

Old 06-20-2016, 04:44 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 02black330ci
How do you like the setup so far? Have you tried some race gas on it yet? I am in the middle of installing things and looking at the injectors, looks like a PITA! Thinking of doing the injectors this fall/winter when I bring the engine down to pin the coolant fittings. That would leave me with a setup close to yours, but with no cats. I won't be able to throw E85 on it till I do the injectors.
Just to give everyone a quick review on my set up...I have a fbo car including headers and every mod I can think of....as far as performance this is the way the car should have come from the factory....spool and midrange is greatly improved and even tho these turbos are considered junk compared to other options I'll be keeping this power level for quite some time as I feel it has great throttle response with good top end....I can feel these turbos making effort as low as 2100-2300 rpms ....if there was a down side I just wish the turbos were just a little bigger as I can feel them running out of steam by 5800-6000 rpms..as for putting bigger injectors I'm sure the stock fuel system can Handle 650awhp so I don't see the need as that's the limit of the motor...later on when I go with bigger 68mm vtgs and rebuilt to a 3.8... I can worry about injectors..
Car is a blast to drive very addicting in keeping my foot off the throttle...can't wait for the next 1/2 mile event....

Old 06-20-2016, 05:27 PM
M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !
What duty cycle are you running on the injectors?

Old 06-20-2016, 08:41 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Never say never to bigger turbos

Attached Images  
Old 06-21-2016, 07:16 AM
Funny as I'm a turbine engineer by trade....can you imagine the lag on those bad boys...

Old 06-21-2016, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by M3 Maestro
What duty cycle are you running on the injectors?
I'm speaking to my tuner today...I'll find out...

Old 06-21-2016, 07:23 AM
M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Brooklyn boosting

Thanks I appreciate it.

I'm a turbocharger development engineer, small world lol. Transient response would not be that turbos strong suit. That's a big ABB turbo also axial turbine stage. Everything I work on is radial stages (like what these cars use), nothing that big, but still big compared to cars lol.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:26 AM
02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Brooklyn boosting
Same here, would be great to know how the stock fuel system is doing with these mods. Appreciate all the feedback!

Old 06-21-2016, 11:14 AM
Injectors on a full bolt on car... 80-82%

Old 06-21-2016, 11:48 AM
Obviously I am making assumptions for drivetrain loss, that particular dyno reading, stock injector sizing, etc but that puts you around .50 BSFC maybe slightly better. That's pretty darn good. Goes to show you cut down pumping loss quite a bit. I think you did an excellent job showing what a full bolt on can do without a doubt.

Old 06-21-2016, 12:40 PM
Thanks it's a great set up because it's so responsive that it just pulls you out of tight turns.. Great for tracking your car and the car has wicked pull till 150..bigger turbos are for a later time with more longer straights..huge potential

Old 06-21-2016, 01:16 PM
Obviously I am making assumptions for drivetrain loss, that particular dyno reading, stock injector sizing, etc but that puts you around .50 BSFC maybe slightly better. That's pretty darn good. Goes to show you cut down pumping loss quite a bit. I think you did an excellent job showing what a full bolt on can do without a doubt.
Btw what does .50 bsfc stand for and how does it work

Old 06-21-2016, 01:25 PM
BSFC is brake specific fuel consumption, I put it in English units because I figured most would be familiar with those units (in a professional environment we would typically use metric). Pumping work influences BSFC, lowering pumping losses will improve it. For example if right now you swap to GT2 turbos and target the same exact power you would do it at a lower BSFC because of the higher flowing turbines. It would require less boost pressure etc. We can go on for hours on this subject but wanted to give you a flavor. Lots of great books and articles online regarding this.

Here is some simple calculators you can play around with:
https://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx

Old 06-21-2016, 01:29 PM
Also please remember that dyno was with sport button off due to dyno wacky ess .....with sport on.....12% more fuel when button was pressed and he was tuning on street...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No need for bigger turbos..Garth and Fabworx deliver