997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Roll Race Event picture thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 10:04 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Roll Race Event picture thread

Lets see some action shots from some roll racing 1/2 mile events ,these are some of my favorites of my car in action.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7574.PNG
Views:	52
Size:	708.2 KB
ID:	451173   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7575.PNG
Views:	47
Size:	744.5 KB
ID:	451174   Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstrip-Attack-2013-61-copy.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	418.0 KB
ID:	451176  
Attached Images  

Last edited by twturbo; 06-16-2016 at 12:14 AM.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:09 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
I agree, you deserve the right to Flaunt with your car. Perfect body and strong performing engine. Love the hood and wide stance.

Nice shots and as always, nice car dude.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:31 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Thanks & btw don't forget to watch CNBC tonight at 10pm Jay Leno's Garage is doing a bit on Shift Sector

Old 06-16-2016, 07:07 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Best actual vBox half mile 166.8 mph. At "new" shift sector traps 167.7 mph. Same run did 6.1 60-130mph and DA was nearly +3,000 feet. FBO stock turbo.

Other events a bit higher trap speed as they are longer than a half mile. Thinking about doing the Mojave Magnum to see what it can do in the actual mile.

Attached Images  

Last edited by longboarder; 06-16-2016 at 07:11 AM.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:59 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
Best actual vBox half mile 166.8 mph. At "new" shift sector traps 167.7 mph. Same run did 6.1 60-130mph and DA was nearly +3,000 feet. FBO stock turbo.

Other events a bit higher trap speed as they are longer than a half mile. Thinking about doing the Mojave Magnum to see what it can do in the actual mile.
Adam,
yes you need to sign up for Mojave Mile this year. Im taking the 991 and the Camaro.

Old 06-16-2016, 12:45 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
Adam,
yes you need to sign up for Mojave Mile this year. Im taking the 991 and the Camaro.
Hey Mark yeah I see the sign up opens in a couple weeks. But I need a roll bar and 6-pt seatbelt harnesses (I already have the necessary seats) to complete in the 200+ mph class. I need to get to GMG to have that done.

Are you adding those safety mods as well? There's no way your car will pass under Stock SSE now with that exhaust and other mods you have.

Old 06-16-2016, 01:08 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Hey Mark yeah I see the sign up opens in a couple weeks. But I need a roll bar and 6-pt seatbelt harnesses (I already have the necessary seats) to complete in the 200+ mph class. I need to get to GMG to have that done.

Are you adding those safety mods as well? There's no way your car will pass under Stock SSE now with that exhaust and other mods you have.
Adam,
yes I just had it done, Seats, 6 point harness, roll bar and fire extinguisher and even though I added the roll bar with the aftermarket seats I think I still might be a few pounds lighter! I needed this anyway to do the silver state so I figured why wait just get it done. Now I wont have to use my arms and legs to stay straight in the seat when Im at the roundy roundy track, so lap hopefully times will go down as well.

Old 06-16-2016, 01:17 PM
Rez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond repute
Spectacular pictures.

Old 06-16-2016, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by twturbo
Lets see some action shots from some roll racing 1/2 mile events ,these are some of my favorites of my car in action.
Yes awesome pictures you got some good ones

Old 06-16-2016, 01:27 PM
Yes awesome pictures you got some good ones

Old 06-16-2016, 02:35 PM
Adam,
yes I just had it done, Seats, 6 point harness, roll bar and fire extinguisher and even though I added the roll bar with the aftermarket seats I think I still might be a few pounds lighter! I needed this anyway to do the silver state so I figured why wait just get it done. Now I wont have to use my arms and legs to stay straight in the seat when Im at the roundy roundy track, so lap hopefully times will go down as well.
I just re-read the Tech Speed Chart and it says to go over 205 mph you need a move up to A3 and have a roll "cage" not a roll bar. Did you get a cage?

http://www.mojavemile.com/images/pdf...ojave_2016.pdf

Old 06-16-2016, 06:17 PM
I just re-read the Tech Speed Chart and it says to go over 205 mph you need a move up to A3 and have a roll "cage" not a roll bar. Did you get a cage?

http://www.mojavemile.com/images/pdf...ojave_2016.pdf
Just did the roll bar baby steps..

Old 06-16-2016, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by 9e 28
Those Dymags look awesome twturbo. Any improvement on your 1/2 mile traps?
Nothing lately they take a break here for the summer as it's to hot

1/2 sounds like fun but those 200 mph speeds would be pretty scary fast.

Anyone seen themselfs on TV last night on the Jay Leno's Garage show on CNBC in the bit they did on Shift Sector ,it was cool to see Ryan telling Jay all about it ,my car made a very small cameo.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:57 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
A couple from No Fly Zone Midwest...Not very cool running shots, but a few pics anyway...Mine is the Basalt Black Metallic Porsche

Old 06-16-2016, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by 9e 28
I'd be amazed if you guys trap more than 190mph over a mile on your stock turbo set up. Emres ES Motor 650 S was doing 198mph over 1.5 miles recently but you obviously have the new fuel system now which Emre's customer car doesn't - you should not need a roll cage
I think you are correct about the full mile trap speeds - full mile may be mid 180s for the fastest stock turbo car but with luck I think the magic 200 number shouldn't be too much of an issue for 1.5 miles.

Check out vid at the 5:50 mark:

This was the last half mile race of my 997.2 vs Mark. On this exact set up, Mark ran the Mojave Mile in his stock turbo 991 and did 197 mph with a 20 mph headwind. So the 997.2 stock turbo should be quite a bit faster. I presume this is 1.5 miles actually I don't know maybe Mark can chime in on his exact speed / distance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Roll Race Event picture thread