997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Champion Modded 997.2 vs Tesla P100D

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 10:10 AM
mrslay will become famous soon enoughmrslay will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by JBFMCAR
Thanks for all the comments the Tesla was out there killing people all day. As for my Turbo i picked it up about a month ago and this was my very first pass on it. The car is a 2010 997.2 Turbo not an S and in this run I was running pump gas, street tires (re11's), on GIACs street tune. It was just about 90 degrees as well so have to get back out there once it cools down and I find this boost leak im chasing down.

Thanks
Justin
Car seems to be running how it should for our local track with the weather we have been having. Fix the boost leak and get back out there but the pass was a good one regardless. Thanks for the share.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:33 AM
JBFMCAR will become famous soon enoughJBFMCAR will become famous soon enough
Going to go threw the car this weekend I hope. I just installed the CMS forge divertors I think those and the way they mount in stock location might have a sealing issue but not sure, but like I said I just got the car. Right after buying it i brought it to champion got the latest updated GIAC flash, an oil change, and a new set of RE11 tires since MSS were back ordered and ran it at the event. I still want to pull the rear bumper and go threw all the hoses, fittings and make sure everything is on correctly the mph is low for sure.

Old 12-01-2016, 06:28 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Your numbers seem spot on to me given the conditions. I have a 2011 S and with the GIAC tune and ipd plenum a few years back I did some 10.6's at 130.X but the weather was in the 60's/70's which made it a little harder to launch but looks like gave me more power. I bet this time of year with cooler weather / lower density altitude you can pick up a couple mph but your ET could suffer from more tire spin at launch.

Cheers.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:38 AM
Yeah seemed mph was low but it was also super hot & DA was 1500. I think I'm going to order the Do88 inlet pipes I really don't care for the way the diverters just pop into that tube can't believe that would seal well. Also wondering if the Forge Diverters with yellow springs are causing an issue. After sorting that out I was going to get the Do88 or IPD y pipe to replace my carbon Werks pipe so I can tap it for Meth a guy locally has a setup he took off his 997.2 pdk. Any other suggestions I'm open to them need to catch up your car runs great!

Below is the pictures I got of the kit here in Miami for sale

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0295.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	464854   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6309.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	464855   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0297.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	464856   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0298.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	464857  

Last edited by JBFMCAR; 12-01-2016 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-04-2016, 06:49 PM
Ms4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond repute
Same and fully agree here, something is not right with this video. P100 in launch mode is uncatchable. (At least until 100.)

Originally Posted by faiz
even with launch control, u aint catchin a tesla with luda from a dig..... i own both. Tesla makes my modded 997.1 feel slow.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by Ms4cd
Same and fully agree here, something is not right with this video. P100 in launch mode is uncatchable. (At least until 100.)
This is a modded Turbo ofcoarse modded the Porsche can be faster 0-60, my car runs a 1.4 60ft there isn't a tesla built that can achieve that yet and my Turbo is far from the fastest PDK car out there.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:23 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JBFMCAR
Thanks for all the comments the Tesla was out there killing people all day. As for my Turbo i picked it up about a month ago and this was my very first pass on it. The car is a 2010 997.2 Turbo not an S and in this run I was running pump gas, street tires (re11's), on GIACs street tune. It was just about 90 degrees as well so have to get back out there once it cools down and I find this boost leak im chasing down.

Thanks
Justin

I fully respect the Tesla for what it does with 5000lbs, but what could be wrong in the video. Talking about "up to 100", he posted his slip with both cars and the Tesla laid down 1.6 60FT ON STREET TIRES!! That is crazy. He also did 6.8 in 1/8 and 10.8 in the quarter with a very health 122mph!

So what is wrong up to 100?

He had to do a better 60ft then 1.6 on street tires (since you are talking up to 100?

I understand 0rpm and the Tesla has all its tq, but it is still 5000lbs on street tires and 1.6 is staggering considering that!

This what I am talking about (no disrespect my friend, but just meth busting) the gas "super cars" were not represented fairly.

Even though the 911 left first the time slip only shows when each car left the line. So even if they both left at the exact time the slip shows the out come and the 911 cut a high 1.4 60ft!!

The Tesla is truly ludicrous, but do not take anything away from the OP achievement. It is rear engine, AWD, 1500lbs lighter, with a lightening quick computer to handle tire slip,shifts speeds that are crazy & is modded. It is the PDK turbo 911's that are untouchable for a street tire! High 1.4 60ft on the attached run!

The PDK 911 don't give up an inch to the Tesla and anything else for that matter! This test the 911 is STOCK as well!:

The New 911 Turbo S Launches Harder Than the LaFerrari, GT-R, and Model S P90D:

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2017-...r-ever-tested/

Again the Tesla's are amazing 1/4 mile machines, but our beloved PDK 911's have them covered!

The years old 911 advantage with the engine behind the rear tires, light weight and now adding a lightening PDK in the mix furthered it legacy of a dig KING!

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 12-04-2016 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:33 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
And all this is coming from a guy that hates the PDK's because ...because I don't know as they are just stupid and an unfair advantage (coming from a 997.1 6speed owner!!)

It has nothing to do that even a stock turbo PDK has my number in the 1/8 or heck even in the 1/4 (E.T. wise) with me most likely on E85! LOL!!

Old 12-04-2016, 08:33 PM
Bonbyfali well said the Tesla 100DL is a force to be reckoned with and the Turbo PDKs are one of the few cars that can beat them in the 1/4.

Old 12-05-2016, 02:57 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
lmao. P100 won't keep up with a stock 991 Turbo S from a dig. A modified Turbo S will destroy a P100. My 997.2 has done 2.2 seconds 0-60mph and beat a 918. It was posted here. My 991 consistently did 2.4 seconds with just a tune. Tesla owners are funny. They usually have never driven anything fast.

Old 12-05-2016, 09:44 AM
Ms4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure who you have been racing but, we own both and have done several back to back tests. Both cars have similar mileage and the Turbo S (exhaust and tune) can not keep up from the dig. On a roll, it's a different story.

Originally Posted by longboarder
lmao. P100 won't keep up with a stock 991 Turbo S from a dig. A modified Turbo S will destroy a P100. My 997.2 has done 2.2 seconds 0-60mph and beat a 918. It was posted here. My 991 consistently did 2.4 seconds with just a tune. Tesla owners are funny. They usually have never driven anything fast.

Old 12-05-2016, 10:50 AM
There is always factors that play into any race (tires, driver, road condition) but something is wrong with your car (boost leak, tires, not using LC properly) if you can't get passed your tesla till 100mph. But in racing anything is possible I use to smoke my friends C6 z06 from a dig everytine in my modded ISF which was obviously a slower car.

Not sure who you have been racing but, we own both and have done several back to back tests. Both cars have similar mileage and the Turbo S (exhaust and tune) can not keep up from the dig. On a roll, it's a different story.

Last edited by JBFMCAR; 12-05-2016 at 12:10 PM.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:51 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Your 997.2 turbo s must have traction issues which is very possible with a tune and street tires. The Tesla doesn't have a chance under usual circumstances against a tuned 997.2 turbo s. It would be 2-4 car lengths behind at 60mph and the gap would just grow and grow.

Stock would be closer but the win would go to the 997.2 assuming equal drivers.

Old 12-05-2016, 06:41 PM
HellaHashTags has a spectacular aura aboutHellaHashTags has a spectacular aura about
Instead of trying to debate which one is objectively "better", I have great admiration for both vehicles. They're very different vehicles that offer completely different forms of utility and use case. Hell, if it were up to me, I'd have both in the garage.

A big four-door sedan that can run with exotics in the quarter-mile for <$150K is an incredible achievement, regardless of what powertrain it's running.

And I don't think anybody in the world is trying to take away anything from a 911TT w/ PDK. Everybody knows that a few $K in mods into this platform turns the car into a world beater (be it 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, standing mile, or any speed competition really.)

Last edited by HellaHashTags; 12-05-2016 at 06:44 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.