997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Electrical Problems. Code: C127 & Odd Behavior (long)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 07:29 AM
997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future
Electrical Problems. Code: C127 & Odd Behavior (long)

Hello All,

Sorry for the long post but need some tech advice.

I decided to pull the Turbo out of hibernation yesterday, and the battery drained all the way down. (I usually have it on tender, but there is a long story behind it which I will not bother you with.)

I had to pop the frunk using my batter charger. As soon as I connected the leads to the charger the lights started going crazy flashing on and off presumably for the alarm. I was able to get them to stop with the remote and all was well. Or so I thought.

Once the battery was fully charged the car fired right up and ran and drove fine but I got a "System Fault Visit Workshop" in the center cluster. And then the following odd behavior was noticed:

-My tail lights are on as soon as the ignition is switched to on.
-My license plate lights are also on as soon as ignition is on.
-The light switch works headlights and front markers only.
-If I use the directional switch in either direction or hazards, the tail lights and license plates go out and the fault clears.
-If I leave the light switch on "Home", upon exiting the fog lights come on as they should but rear tails and lic. plate lights are out.

I grabbed my Durametric cable and took note of a ton of codes all over the place due to the low voltage. I cleared them all out, but code "C127" persists, and so does the described behavior.

A cursory look on the web shows it can be a variety of things. Any advice before taking it to the stealer?

Old 02-20-2017, 10:30 AM
997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future
200 Views and no responses?

Uh oh.....

Old 02-20-2017, 10:57 AM
Steve_TT has a spectacular aura aboutSteve_TT has a spectacular aura about
If the battery is old or you can't eliminate that it's NOT the battery, I suggest trying a new battery first (Costco has great return policy!). Keep it on the car for a while, then try clearing codes again. I remember having an old battery on my car that I thought was "fully charged", but it was weak, didn't hold charge well and gave some odd electrical behaviors (nothing as extreme as yours. After the new battery, all was good.

Old 02-20-2017, 11:00 AM
Thanks Steve

The battery is new and holds a charge just fine. Looks like it may be the front control unit based on my internet investigatory skills.

Old 02-20-2017, 11:31 AM
Fixed.

I fiddled with the emergency release in the frunk a bit and it seems like the solenoid wasnt disengaging completely. It also looks like someone else was meddling in there previously as it's just hanging loose

I cleared all of the codes with my Durametric and so far.. so good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.