997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.1 turbo vs 997.2 Turbo S PDK drag and roll test

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 07:26 PM
shadow993 is on a distinguished road
How was this not a fair race?!?!

The PDK turbo S with a tune should shift quicker than a manual. Short of the weight difference, I think its pretty fair given the pdk benefit.

I've been waiting to race the newer guys. I have a 2007 997tt tiptronic with an exhaust, larger intercoolers, silicon tubing, and stage 2 tune. Oh and a 991.2 steering wheel with paddles :-p. That's good for another 5hp :-)

Old 08-14-2017, 07:33 AM
993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by shadow993
How was this not a fair race?!?!

The PDK turbo S with a tune should shift quicker than a manual. Short of the weight difference, I think its pretty fair given the pdk benefit.

I've been waiting to race the newer guys. I have a 2007 997tt tiptronic with an exhaust, larger intercoolers, silicon tubing, and stage 2 tune. Oh and a 991.2 steering wheel with paddles :-p. That's good for another 5hp :-)
I do think its a fair race. Just don't think the .2's ECU flash is strong enough to take his stage 2

I think the .2 seems to have stock exhaust, You ever seen inside a stock exhaust? Its amazing how muffled it is with the cats.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:21 AM
jazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the rough
By GT2 RS kit you mean including the turbos and All? So with tuning then yes I can definitely see this result happening.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:37 AM
Whosdady is a jewel in the roughWhosdady is a jewel in the roughWhosdady is a jewel in the rough
I'm not sure how anyone can suggest this was a "fair" race? There is a huge power and weight advantage in favor of the 997.1. I think everyone would expect these results... A better test would be coupe vs coupe, with similar tunes and similar overall mods.

Again, I'm not taking anything away from this car. It is beautiful and very well put together. But if I raced my wife's highlander, I would expect that I would take her as well...

Old 08-14-2017, 10:24 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
What kind of launch control do you have on yours? It seems you actually took him off of the line - I would have expected him to put a good couple of cars off of the hole!

Old 08-14-2017, 10:42 AM
993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !
I think it needs the best mod of all- Driver Mod.

Old 08-15-2017, 09:04 AM
Giorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TAILWAG
What kind of launch control do you have on yours? It seems you actually took him off of the line - I would have expected him to put a good couple of cars off of the hole!
No launch control for my 997.1 !

Just 4.500-5.000 rpm and start ! My car with 325 rear Michelin Cup 2 tires has a lot of grip !!!

Old 08-15-2017, 10:23 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
That's crazy - you need to tell your friend he has a launch control on his car - apparently nobody told him/her...LOL

Old 08-15-2017, 02:08 PM
Giorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TAILWAG
That's crazy - you need to tell your friend he has a launch control on his car - apparently nobody told him/her...LOL
This was not my best launch... I can start even better if I start with 5500rpms ...

Old 08-15-2017, 02:59 PM
997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !
I saw a roll race, not a standing start in that video. Don't think you can do launch control while moving

Old 08-15-2017, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle
I saw a roll race, not a standing start in that video. Don't think you can do launch control while moving
Check again the video
Two races , one roll and one standing start.

Old 08-16-2017, 01:35 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 993Godspeed
I think it needs the best mod of all- Driver Mod.

If a stockish 911 PDK vehicle's driver needs a to be "modded" for a straight line show down, then he shouldn't be driving or on the road period.

My first time jumping into a friends FBO PTF COBB's 997.2 machine that traps about 135-7ish & it was point and shoot, point and shoot boyz!

I wanted to do a review on my experience especially from a dig and even how it pulled HARD until redline with Champion 68mm Turbos, upgraded fuel pumps for high rpm fueling & with countless hours of Dzenno tuning (as they are best friends & they had all the time in the world). Even fighting traction off the line with that much power vs stock, the computer does an amazing job making you move forward from a dig, it was so, so easy & effortless.....so a stock 997.2 PDK that has 125trap.... he better not need a driver mod!!

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 08-16-2017 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
If a stockish 911 PDK vehicle's driver needs a to be "modded" for a straight line show down, then he shouldn't be driving or on the road period.

My first time jumping into a friends FBO PTF COBB's 997.2 machine that traps about 135-7ish & it was point and shoot, point and shoot boyz!

I wanted to do a review on my experience especially from a dig and even how it pulled HARD until redline with Champion 68mm Turbos, upgraded fuel pumps for high rpm fueling & with countless hours of Dzenno tuning (as they are best friends & they had all the time in the world). Even fighting traction off the line with that much power vs stock, the computer does an amazing job making you move forward from a dig, it was so, so easy & effortless.....so a stock 997.2 PDK that has 125trap.... he better not need a driver mod!!
Agreed.

But if you look at the second race, or so "launch control" clearly something is wrong. When you are launching the .2 forward car should not move at all and it clearly does. Not taking away anything from the 997.1 but that to me indicates either launch control was not properly used or the guy just cant launch the car.

Old 08-16-2017, 03:27 PM
997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Giorgos Cayman
Check again the video
Two races , one roll and one standing start.
my mistake, I realized that I only saw half the video like a damn fool

Old 08-24-2017, 04:19 PM
How many AWD 997.1turbo manual you know with full GT2RS specs?

Originally Posted by Bobbyfali

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.