997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.1 turbo vs 997.2 Turbo S PDK drag and roll test

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 09:00 AM
Giorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond repute
997.1 turbo vs 997.2 Turbo S PDK drag and roll test

My 997.1 Turbo manual GT2RS specs,europipe stage 2 against my friends 997.2 Turbo S PDK cabrio with ecu flash. Two races one roll and one from a dig.

I m really happy for my ''old technology '' car !

Old 08-11-2017, 09:19 AM
Whosdady is a jewel in the roughWhosdady is a jewel in the roughWhosdady is a jewel in the rough
"Old Technology" works just fine, especially if one enhances it with enough money.

You have one of the nicest 997.1's I've seen on the forums. But comparing your car to a cab with a base tune isn't exactly a fair race...

Old 08-11-2017, 09:36 AM
Southpaw07 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw07 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw07 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Whosdady
"Old Technology" works just fine, especially if one enhances it with enough money.

You have one of the nicest 997.1's I've seen on the forums. But comparing your car to a cab with a base tune isn't exactly a fair race...
...Plus that's a GT2RS. The most powerful and lightest form of a 997 turbo from the factory going against the heaviest and slowest 997.2 turbo from the factory.

An equal stage 2 (exhaust and proper tune) turbo S coupe will be a more intriguing run.

With that said though, I'd totally take a GT2RS and you got an amazing spec with the color combination.

Old 08-11-2017, 09:37 AM
Giorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Whosdady

That s why I called it TEST. To be honest I was expecting to be not that much!

Thank you for your comments about my car...

Last edited by Giorgos Cayman; 08-11-2017 at 09:47 AM.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by Southpaw07
...Plus that's a GT2RS. The most powerful and lightest form of a 997 turbo from the factory going against the heaviest and slowest 997.2 turbo from the factory.

An equal stage 2 (exhaust and proper tune) turbo S coupe will be a more intriguing run.

With that said though, I'd totally take a GT2RS and you got an amazing spec with the color combination.
My car is a 997.1 Turbo manual with Gt2RS specs... +100kg heavier and AWD.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:16 AM
Southpaw07 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw07 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw07 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Giorgos Cayman
My car is a 997.1 Turbo manual with Gt2RS specs... +100kg heavier and AWD.
Ahh, gotcha. Centerlock conversion and all? You went all out!
Wonder how much slower/heavier are the cabs. My 997.2 bone stock was faster than my 997.1 with custom tune and catless exhaust.

Quick question, are your RS wheels the factory champagne gold color or did you have them powdercoated? I've been kicking around the idea of going gold on my wheels.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by Southpaw07
Ahh, gotcha. Centerlock conversion and all? You went all out!
Wonder how much slower/heavier are the cabs. My 997.2 bone stock was faster than my 997.1 with custom tune and catless exhaust.

Quick question, are your RS wheels the factory champagne gold color or did you have them powdercoated? I've been kicking around the idea of going gold on my wheels.
Yes everything from GT2RS!!!

I have the color code if you interesting to paint your wheels!!!

Old 08-11-2017, 11:54 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
you probably make 150 more HP than the Cab

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 08-11-2017, 11:59 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Car is looking great G!

Old 08-11-2017, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by prodigymb
you probably make 150 more HP than the Cab
I think less Mark ... the 997.2 is close to 610-620ps on 100oct pump fuel.

For sure is heavier...

Old 08-11-2017, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Car is looking great G!
Thank you Sam!!!

Old 08-11-2017, 04:15 PM
993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !
Very nice video! I enjoy watching these races either ways. Yes, I've heard the Cabs are heavy. Does the cab have exhaust modification? You would be surprised how much power could be had from a tune+ a free flowing exhaust.

Who's tune on the 997.2?

Old 08-11-2017, 05:20 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Your car is gorgeous and that was not just a small pull....that was bus lengths! If both cars were equal and I saw that race, Marc is not to far off, you pulled him like you had 150hp more!

Beautiful machine BTW in all aspects!

Old 08-11-2017, 05:27 PM
997.2 Turbo S PDK cabrio 1660kg
997.1 Turbo manual 1590kg

993 GodSpeed , no the 997.2 has the stock one. Only a good aggressive German ecu flash based on our hi 100 octane pump gas.

Old 08-11-2017, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
Your car is gorgeous and that was not just a small pull....that was bus lengths! If both cars were equal and I saw that race, Marc is not to far off, you pulled him like you had 150hp more!

Beautiful machine BTW in all aspects!
Thanks !!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.