997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

drop link/end link question for PASM struts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 08:23 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
drop link/end link question for PASM struts

So after I installed the 2007 pasm struts the only aftermarket items I had on the car were an RSS adjustable sway bar and TRG adjustable drop links at front. My driver side sway bar bushing kept popping out which made me think the bar was bent. The adjustable links showing less thread hence being shorter on the driver side also made me question the bar.

I bought a used OEM stock bar and I had 2 pairs of the OEM end links. One was the 2007 version and the other was a part number that preceded the original but they were exactly the same. At this point I'm excited to go back to stock and be done with issues like bushings popping out.

Unfortunately though, the shop which has a former Porsche tech doing the work on my car installs everything and tells me there is a problem when at full lock and that the end links/drop links are hitting something. When I pick the car up those drop links are bent. By chance I had a pair of OEM drop links that I assume go on a 996 GT2 or GT3. They attache to the spindle instead of the top part of the strut and are hence shorter.

The shop tells me these worked with no issues and that is what is on my car now. I'm confused because I have all the stock parts but they could not make them work. Dose anyone know if the current set up attaching to the spindle is ok?

Thanks,

Tom

Old 09-21-2017, 09:16 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
Are you running OEM springs? I ran OEM drop links with OEM shocks, Champion springs, and Champion sway bars, never had an issue. I did have to switch to after market drops once a switched to coilovers. Yet, still never had an issue. I wonder if alignment is way out. Too much rake and not enough steering lock/stop.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.