997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

9 Second Pass - 997.2 TTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 05:12 AM
erikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Big Swole
Very impressive. Really wanting to start modding mine a bit. Tuning to start I think.
Feel free to reach out if you have any questions on modifications for these cars. I've had a few different tunes / tuners and did all of my mods 1 at a time so I have a pretty good idea on what works and what's just fluff.

As stated above it's always a great idea to start with an exhaust and an accessport!

Old 05-24-2018, 07:40 AM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mr dw
no brainer first round of mods that will NOT need to be replaced when you decide to upgrade more later...

Exhaust
Cobb AP
free OTS cobb tune
Originally Posted by erikchich
Feel free to reach out if you have any questions on modifications for these cars. I've had a few different tunes / tuners and did all of my mods 1 at a time so I have a pretty good idea on what works and what's just fluff.

As stated above it's always a great idea to start with an exhaust and an accessport!

Thanks guys!! Really appreciate it.
The car came with a Europipe Exhaust (100 cell cats), so I'm stoked about that. Not to mention I love the build quality and sound it makes.

I will send some PM's for sure and talk with you guys. But I keep hearing that AIM / Emre or Sam are the go-to's for tuning.

Thanks again.

Old 11-25-2018, 12:22 PM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !

Well I finally got a Cobb AP (great deal on a used one).
Loaded the OTS Stg.2 - 93 oct. tune...Nice bump in power.

Don't have aftermarket IC's, so I'm wondering if I should try the OTS Stg. 3 or not for a short burst at a time. Seems the Stg. 3 is a way bigger jump in power than the stg. 2. Would love to feel what the difference is. Is it safe to try for a short time / 8-10 sec pull?

I just bought the PDK tune also, but haven't loaded it or driven it yet. Hoping to get some testing / seat time on Tues. when I'm off.

Spoken to a few tuners about a Custom tune. Seems the 570-580 WHP mark is about where the safe limit is with just my Europipe , Cobb AP w/ PDK mods.

Old 11-26-2018, 12:06 AM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !

Don't have aftermarket IC's, so I'm wondering if I should try the OTS Stg. 3 or not for a short burst at a time. Seems the Stg. 3 is a way bigger jump in power than the stg. 2. Would love to feel what the difference is. Is it safe to try for a short time / 8-10 sec pull?

I just bought the PDK tune also, but haven't loaded it or driven it yet. Hoping to get some testing / seat time on Tues. when I'm off.

Spoken to a few tuners about a Custom tune. Seems the 570-580 WHP mark is about where the safe limit is with just my Europipe , Cobb AP w/ PDK mods.

My car is making high 600whp

Safely too.

I believe 650whp is doable with meth and FBO in a very conservative way

Old 11-26-2018, 07:26 AM
erikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant future

I am not sure what the difference is between OTS stage 2 and OTS stage 3 as I never ran any of the OTS Cobb tunes. I don't think it will do any damage to make a short pull on the OTS stage 3 if you want to see what it feels like. To my understanding the OTS tunes are pretty conservative.

580 WHP is pretty much where our cars run out of fuel. Anything beyond that you will need meth if you are looking to push into the over 600whp range. My car made 694 WHP with meth and full bolt ons including exhaust/headers/intercoolers/plenum/Y-pipe/diverter valves & Do88 inlet pipes

Old 11-26-2018, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by 3llooi
My car is making high 600whp

Safely too.

I believe 650whp is doable with meth and FBO in a very conservative way
FBO? (my brains not functioning perfect yet this AM)

Thank you Sir!!

I am not sure what the difference is between OTS stage 2 and OTS stage 3 as I never ran any of the OTS Cobb tunes. I don't think it will do any damage to make a short pull on the OTS stage 3 if you want to see what it feels like. To my understanding the OTS tunes are pretty conservative.

580 WHP is pretty much where our cars run out of fuel. Anything beyond that you will need meth if you are looking to push into the over 600whp range. My car made 694 WHP with meth and full bolt ons including exhaust/headers/intercoolers/plenum/Y-pipe/diverter valves & Do88 inlet pipes
The Stg. 3 OTS according to COBB is a Big jump in HP/TQ.... (Recommended new IC's and 3bar MAP)

Stage 2
Dyno: 23.5% HP / 18.1% TQ

Stage 3 is a big jump
Dyno 32.5% HP and 34.4% TQ

https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wik...urbo+Map+Notes

Seems like a fairly large gap from Stg. 2 tuning and Stg. 3 tuning for the ONLY difference in recommended requirement of Aftermarket IC's & 3bar MAP).
I guess a short run just to feel the "Seat-O-Pants" difference couldn't hurt.

I Can't really ever see myself installing / running Meth, unless I pay this thing off and decide to never sell it (I always think about resale, hence just wanting the tune & exhaust to be my only mods for now). But a pro-tune is probably going to be the safest bet for the 570-575WHP range. That Stg. 3 OTS would probably get it close to that, but I'm not sure I'd want to risk it, since it says New IC's are recommended.

BUT, do88 is having a huge Sale on their BIG PACK kit for my car. $2800 for the whole kits with IC's and Y-pipe. I guess that's not going too overboard and probably wouldn't hurt resale too bad.

Last edited by Big Swole; 11-26-2018 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-26-2018, 03:12 PM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Ping Emre or AIM performance for a proper pro tune. It's the best in the industry.

FBO = full bolt ons

Do88 is actually amazing value and performance. Do88 plenum is even superior to IPD.

Old 11-26-2018, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by 3llooi
Ping Emre or AIM performance for a proper pro tune. It's the best in the industry.

FBO = full bolt ons

Do88 is actually amazing value and performance. Do88 plenum is even superior to IPD.

Thank you.
Yes, I've spoken with Emre (AIM), Sam, and one other local to me.
My curiosity was just getting to me about this OTS Stg. 3 tune, is all. Since it came with the AP, it's hard to not want to just see how it performs.
A Pro-Tune / Custom tune will certainly be the "end game", I was just curious is all. Once I play with this AP and get used to the PDK tune I just bought, then I can look toward the Custom tune.

Thanks again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.