997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.1 TT 2007 AWD not working

Old 01-23-2018, 04:05 AM
bsh
bsh is a name known to allbsh is a name known to allbsh is a name known to allbsh is a name known to allbsh is a name known to allbsh is a name known to all
Ok thanks
I have looked into a clone, but havent dared to pull the trigger yet... Afraid it wont work and no/bad support...

Old 01-23-2018, 05:31 AM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Durametric might work.

Old 01-23-2018, 06:06 AM
Webspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond repute
Duramteric pro can't activate the clutch solenoid. It just reads the info from the control module. Even when working, I can rarely get any front wheelspin before the rear tires spin. I have done some slow motion filming of launches on our car, and the rears spin first. The other useful test is in normal driving, switch between sport and normal mode and sense the steering effort change. It should be heavier in normal mode, as more front drive is engaged.

Old 01-23-2018, 06:41 AM
bsh
bsh is a name known to allbsh is a name known to allbsh is a name known to allbsh is a name known to allbsh is a name known to allbsh is a name known to all
I have tested it on snow with summer tires. No engagement from front Wheels. I dont know when the front clutch are prgrammed to activate, but I am rather sure when only rear Wheels are spinning on snow, the front Wheel should activate also to help traction.

Old 01-23-2018, 09:30 AM
997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Webspoke
Duramteric pro can't activate the clutch solenoid. It just reads the info from the control module. Even when working, I can rarely get any front wheelspin before the rear tires spin. I have done some slow motion filming of launches on our car, and the rears spin first. The other useful test is in normal driving, switch between sport and normal mode and sense the steering effort change. It should be heavier in normal mode, as more front drive is engaged.
wait, so the car has more grip in normal mode because it uses the fronts more?

Old 01-23-2018, 02:04 PM
shadow993 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle
wait, so the car has more grip in normal mode because it uses the fronts more?
I agree .... from doing donuts in sport mode to kill off old tires.

Old 01-24-2018, 07:59 AM
Xander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really nice
Very interesting, thanks for sharing that info.

x...

Old 01-24-2018, 09:07 AM
997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future
interested to see what this sorts out to be.

Old 01-29-2018, 02:33 PM
bsh
I will keep you updated when I find time to troubleshoot.
There is one thing I dont understand, and that is why isnt there any fault code regarding awd system when the rear wheels are spinning and the front wheels arent? Anyone knows what conditions that will trigger a fault code on the awd system?

Thanks

Old 01-29-2018, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by bsh
I will keep you updated when I find time to troubleshoot.
There is one thing I dont understand, and that is why isnt there any fault code regarding awd system when the rear wheels are spinning and the front wheels arent? Anyone knows what conditions that will trigger a fault code on the awd system?

Thanks
How do you know it's an issue? When I did donuts to burn off old tires , the rear did all the spinning.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:21 AM
bsh
Well I can not be 100% sure, but when I am doing a start from standstill on ice/snow and the car is barely moving forward, only spinning rear wheels and front wheels doesnt spin... I expect an awd car engage the front wheels to help me moving forward in this scenario, if not when should I expect the front wheels to engage?

Old 01-30-2018, 04:08 AM
964hans will become famous soon enough
Found this video

Old 01-31-2018, 04:02 AM
Originally Posted by bsh
Well I can not be 100% sure, but when I am doing a start from standstill on ice/snow and the car is barely moving forward, only spinning rear wheels and front wheels doesnt spin... I expect an awd car engage the front wheels to help me moving forward in this scenario, if not when should I expect the front wheels to engage?
That's a problem. I've driven mine in ice and snow without issue.

Old 01-31-2018, 11:33 AM
Webspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond repute
A couple of videos I made last year. This was sport mode with Cobb boost off the line enabled. Launching at around 4300rpm. You can see some white marks I made on the tires to track rotation. Pretty much all rwd action.
Slow motion

Normal speed

Old 02-08-2018, 12:06 PM
bsh
Ok had some time with the car today. Had the car in the lift while I had my scope connected to the solenoid output from the PTM module. I also had the Durametric coonected to see the individual wheel speeds. Tried in several gears and could see the output draw from 0A to about 2.5A while applying throttle, but the front wheels didnt engage at all... Output frequency was about 200 HZ.
It still didnt throw a fault code which I find very rare... When I disconnected the solenoid connector, it did throw a code though.
So I think I can conclude my front clutch is damaged...
Anyone have an used, working front diff for sale? Need it shipped to 07036 Linden, NJ.

Thnaks

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 TT 2007 AWD not working