997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

I stepped up - 2012 997TTS - GT Silver/Black

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 12:43 PM
997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future
Beautiful car and spec.

Enjoy!

Old 05-10-2018, 12:38 PM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Coming back for thrashing some Mountain Roads in Highlands, NC. I have NO doubts about this purchase over a 6MT. This car is simply amazing with the PDK. Absolutely Love it.

I was able to wick it up to my current comfort zone pretty quick. Chasing two other fast drivers in their 2016 ZO6 Corvette's.
I'm starting to wonder if my car is tuned or something (maybe first owner didn't let the second owner know). Did a roll on with my friends ZO6 and I pulled away slightly. That's a 650 / 650 car. 530+ shouldn't be able to keep up like that. I may try to call the first owner to see

Old 05-10-2018, 12:54 PM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Just got off the phone with the 1st owner (Didn't sound like a "car guy" either).
He confirmed the EP exhaust is the only thing he ever did to it. No tune.

I'm impressed with this car for sure. If a tune and bolt-ons do that much more for it, I'm excited.
Not sure when I'll go for a tune, but if / when, I can't wait.

Old 05-10-2018, 01:03 PM
Short little 3 min vid by GF filmed of us going with the Yellow ZO6. I had her and her daughter in the car so this pace was all I felt comfortable doing (dang quick pace even though vids never do it justice).

Down in Mexico before going to NC of course.

Old 05-11-2018, 05:58 AM
6DJ8 is an unknown quantity at this point
GT silver looks great w/PCCB's, enjoy!

Old 05-18-2018, 01:25 PM
No revving, but this is cold start with my Europipe (prob. 70* out this day)

Old 05-20-2018, 12:52 PM
Went to the Porsche headquarters / Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta last evening to eat at Restaurant 356 last evening. Got a few shots and one good one with the plane landing in the back ground. Should have taken more pics inside and of the track but we wanted to get sat down to eat. We were hungry! lol

Old 05-20-2018, 01:20 PM
Irishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud of
Doesn’t look you miss too many gym days either. Great car and great choice. Now go get an exhaust, intercoolers and a tune and you will blow the doors off most everything.

Old 05-20-2018, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by Irishace
Doesn’t look you miss too many gym days either. Great car and great choice. Now go get an exhaust, intercoolers and a tune and you will blow the doors off most everything.
I miss plenty!! lol Just residual from my younger years. I work too much now and rarely get in a workout.

It came with a Europipe Exhaust with 100 cell cats already. I think a tune is about all I'll do for now really. Still trying to decide though, because I thought of buying a Fidelity warranty for it, but I'm hearing they don't like "tuned" cars for warranty.

Old 05-20-2018, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Awesome day man! I live minutes from the Experience Center and have not made the time to go. Text me if you want. I just dyno tuned the clone of your car but a rare 6speed. Can send you EP dyno vid and results ; )

You live here in ATL? or near another Experience Center?

Would love to hear results of the Dynoing of that car.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:04 PM
maverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to all
Beautiful car, thanks for sharing your visit to the Porsche Experience in Atlanta, looks like a great place to add to the visit list....while you're exploring tune options check out the guys at Evolution Motorsports (EVOMS).

Old 05-21-2018, 06:15 AM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Big Swole

It came with a Europipe Exhaust with 100 cell cats already. I think a tune is about all I'll do for now really. Still trying to decide though, because I thought of buying a Fidelity warranty for it, but I'm hearing they don't like "tuned" cars for warranty.
Thanks for sharing all these pictures!

Here is a dyno of a 997.2 Turbo S. Stock output is 525 crank hp and 599 hp with a tune.

An extra 28 hp at 627 hp after installing a Europipe with 100 cell cats.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by maverick997
Beautiful car, thanks for sharing your visit to the Porsche Experience in Atlanta, looks like a great place to add to the visit list....while you're exploring tune options check out the guys at Evolution Motorsports (EVOMS).

Will do! Thank you!!

Originally Posted by stef@europipe
Thanks for sharing all these pictures!

Here is a dyno of a 997.2 Turbo S. Stock output is 525 crank hp and 599 hp with a tune.

An extra 28 hp at 627 hp after installing a Europipe with 100 cell cats.

So these are from an Engine dyno?? You said "crank hp" and then give new numbers with tune and then exhaust. Or were the tune and exhaust added on a chassis dyno at the wheels?

Either way, it seems the WHP numbers with a quality exhaust like the Europipe (Which I SO love BTW!!), the power output seems to be at the 100hp gain area. That really is impressive stuff for gas burning cars. I'm used to seeing big whp number from diesel with just tuning, but gas burners don't usually gain that big of numbers.

Thank you for the dyno chart! Awesome numbers gain from just the Europipe exhaust after the tune!!

Old 05-22-2018, 05:21 PM
cjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond repute
FWIW - My car is a .1 so not directly comparable, but I do plan to get it back on the dyno ASAP and see what gains the latest mods including a Europipe EP2 (same 100 cell cats as yours) have made. I am now running a Cobb Stage 2 OTS 93 octane tune; used a Stage 1 91 octane tune previous to the EP2 and other bolt-ons.

Old 05-22-2018, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by campbellcj
FWIW - My car is a .1 so not directly comparable, but I do plan to get it back on the dyno ASAP and see what gains the latest mods including a Europipe EP2 (same 100 cell cats as yours) have made. I am now running a Cobb Stage 2 OTS 93 octane tune; used a Stage 1 91 octane tune previous to the EP2 and other bolt-ons.

Keep us posted!

I assume you approved of the stg. 1 tuning?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I stepped up - 2012 997TTS - GT Silver/Black