997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

I stepped up - 2012 997TTS - GT Silver/Black

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 08:34 AM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
I stepped up - 2012 997TTS - GT Silver/Black

Well I went a good bit past where I was looking, but figured, I only get one chance on the Merry-Go-Round and might as well enjoy it.
I know I'll miss my 6MT 996TT, but I think the new ride will keep me smiling as well. I'm stoked.

-2012 997TTS, GT Silver / Black, Europipe Exhaust, Heads Up Displayed Passport detector, PDK, 31K miles. Otherwise Stock.
-Full service history as Porsche dealer, 2 owners, and the day I purchased it was given an "intermediate service" (Oil / Filter, Brake System Flush / Fill, etc), Four brand new tires and 4-wheel alignment.
-Clear bra on front, hood, fenders, roof (to the sunroof).

Old 04-24-2018, 09:24 AM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Congrats love the color combo same as my mine ,Gt silver is really so much nicer looking than artic silver

Old 04-24-2018, 10:51 AM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by twturbo
Congrats love the color combo same as my mine ,Gt silver is really so much nicer looking than artic silver
Thank you! I love it. GT Silver is nice, but I do still like Arctic and the other Silver variations. Silver of all kinds are my Favorites!!

Old 04-24-2018, 03:32 PM
A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !
Beautiful car. I’m sure you are going to love it. The 9A1/PDK combo is very potent. Lots less engineering headaches and flaws to worry with compared to the Mezger too

Old 04-24-2018, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by A418t81
Beautiful car. I’m sure you are going to love it. The 9A1/PDK combo is very potent. Lots less engineering headaches and flaws to worry with compared to the Mezger too
Thank you! That's truly why my decision / shopping went toward the DFI cars vs. my long time wanting of a 997.1. (Extra power / performance is Icing on the cake).
I'll miss a 6MT but the PDK is simply awesome as well.

Old 04-24-2018, 04:01 PM
Some pics from today just before the new owner came to pick up my 996TT. Raining out and both are dirty, but Oh Well. I had to document actually owning TWO Turbos, at least for a day or two. lol

Last edited by Big Swole; 04-24-2018 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:12 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Nice dude congrats!

Old 04-24-2018, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Nice dude congrats!
Thank you Sir!!
What do you recommend for tuning / pdk tuning? What reliable WHP can be achieved with just tuning and the Europipe I already have?

Any suggestions?

Old 04-25-2018, 07:07 AM
gogoevo is on a distinguished road
Nice!

On another note - how was your experience with the u-haul trailer? I'm in need of a trailer myself, and I've read that the u-haul trailer will work but is kind of a pain in the ****.

Enjoy!

Old 04-25-2018, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by gogoevo
Nice!

On another note - how was your experience with the u-haul trailer? I'm in need of a trailer myself, and I've read that the u-haul trailer will work but is kind of a pain in the ****.

Enjoy!
Other than having to find an area to load / unload that had a "dip" in the road / parking lot, so the trailer can sit low causing the tloading ramps to be straightened out a bit. Keeping the undercarriage from scraping. It pulled and held the car amazingly well. It was $653.00 for 5-6 days and "safe tow" insurance.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:22 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Big Swole
Thank you Sir!!
What do you recommend for tuning / pdk tuning? What reliable WHP can be achieved with just tuning and the Europipe I already have?

Any suggestions?
Hit me up we can custom tune it. The EP does pretty well. If you want to run SWOLE style you will need decat haha. But that's the beauty of the AP we can play with it and log it!

Old 04-25-2018, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Hit me up we can custom tune it. The EP does pretty well. If you want to run SWOLE style you will need decat haha. But that's the beauty of the AP we can play with it and log it!

Funny you say "SWOLE" style. You must know my rep. from the diesel community...lol
"Swole" style to many means I'll blow it up...lol HOPE NOT!!!

Just want to get it in the reliable yet supercar power range (if there is such a thing..lol)
But I'll probably drive it stock for a while just to appreciate it for what it is. Then possibly tune. I'll be in touch.
Thank you !!!

Old 04-25-2018, 12:55 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Congrats!
Very nice options and colour combo.

Stock those 997.2 Turbo S are quick, like 125-127trap quick!

Enjoy!

Old 04-26-2018, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
Congrats!
Very nice options and colour combo.

Stock those 997.2 Turbo S are quick, like 125-127trap quick!

Enjoy!

Thank you Sir!! I love it so far!

Did a quick wash yesterday, so it's cleaner than in the first pics.

The Parents approve as well

Old 04-26-2018, 05:56 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations! I love 997 TT's!!

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I stepped up - 2012 997TTS - GT Silver/Black