997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

I stepped up - 2012 997TTS - GT Silver/Black

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 03:47 PM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
I did another 300 Miles in the mountains the other day but had to do a majority of them helping lead a group of my friend (and co-workers) CCA group. I was the only Porsche around 12 other Corvettes!! LOL

Here are a few pics.

Everyone met at a QT up I-985...My friend John brought his old blue C4 instead of his 15' C7 ZO6 (Yellow) that's in my other vids. They all wanted to go to some Arts & Crafts festival up near Young Harris GA. They festival folks blocked off some parking for us and even made signs for the "Corvette Group". lol

]

Old 08-28-2018, 06:10 PM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
This was a VERY VERY SLOW CROWD. Only me and my buddy John and maybe one more drive way more aggressive than this. They just wanted a slow pace set so we could all stay together for the many stops we made.

Here's a vid from that day show how slow the pace was. lol

Old 09-30-2018, 05:38 PM
Made my first trip to the track and went to the Atlanta Streetcar Takeover event at Atlanta Dragway (Commerce GA). It was a hot & humid day with Stupid amounts of cranking and moving / idling the car to get to the line, so the 1st pass was slow due to heat soak and conditions. My 2nd and final pass was a MESS!!! I accidentally rolled in too deep and "Double Bulbed" the guy but I already had Launch Control engaged and foot to the floor, so I let off the throttle a bit to give him time to get staged. He got in really quickly but when I put my foot back down on the throttle, the car wouldn't do anything. NO Launch REVS. He left and won the race. It took me 6-7 seconds to figure out I needed to start launch control over again. But, since it was cooler outside, I got my 10.96 @ 124.10 MPH on a stock car (Europipe Exhaust only) in not so great conditions. I'm happy. I wanted a 10 and got it.

Have a look at my vid. I got video of both passes with two views (from the stands and from the car).

Last edited by Big Swole; 10-01-2018 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:49 AM

Last edited by Big Swole; 10-01-2018 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:06 AM

Old 10-10-2018, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Love watching you build some great memories with the Porsche Dave! Keep it up!

Thank you sir! I do like having and sharing them for sure. Life’s too short. Let’s enjoy!

Old 11-21-2018, 11:47 AM
Just a few pics in the Fall weather at my friends front yard. Wished I had land like this.

Old 11-23-2018, 02:08 PM
Too good of a deal to pass up. Less than 1/2 retail and even less than half of the black friday discount on cobb or Suncoast (Second hand and in like new condition. I just had to update the firmware)

Loaded the Stg. 2- 93 Oct. OTS tune. NICE little bump in power for sure. Feels a bit smoother as well.

I think now I need to opt. for the PDK tune and call it Good!!

Anybody have any experience with the PDK tunes and which setting to go with on the Stg. 2 OTS tune? Sport vs. Aggressive (that adds everything sport has, plus quicker up / down shifts)??

Is relearn recommended for just the Aggressive?

Don't think I'm anywhere near the recommended added power for the "High Torque" setting.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:20 AM
Another awesome (yet Cold) day in the N. GA mountains!!

Old 12-10-2018, 08:50 PM
Did some GoPro filming from each car on Dec. 5th during a N. GA Mountain drive. Decent pace but had to be really careful due to it being in the low 30's and below freezing on top of the mountains.

Scenic area in the first part of the vid and more twisty roads at around the 7:20 mark. Just shows some fo the roads we have just about an hour North of ATL.

Old 12-18-2018, 01:25 PM
Gotta love the sound of a Turbo with a Europipe!! Followed my GF driving my car.

Old 04-02-2019, 12:56 AM

7.59 = 60-130 on OTS tune.

All though it did a 7.24 = 60-130 during a 1/4 mile pull from a stop (cold street and high tire pressures and spinning bad on launch 10.77 @ 132.63). No vid though. Only the Dragy screen shot. I FORGOT TO HIT THE RECORD BUTTON.

Last edited by Big Swole; 04-02-2019 at 01:02 AM.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:13 AM
Old 04-03-2019, 04:24 PM
I was just testing my 997.2 TTS the other night (Very late and cold out. Cold street and OEM tire pressures. lot's of spin) with an OTS pump gas tune.
My stock car with only Europipe went 10.96@124 on a track in the summer, with a 1.55 60Ft.

The other night the DA was around +450 or so and with a slow 1.86 60ft. and spinning, it ran 10.77 @ 132.63 - ( 105+ in 1/8 ). On track that would be .2 - .3 quicker in the 1/4.
I'm looking forward to some custom tuning soon to go even better.
Amazing what these cars pick up with only some tuning & exhaust. Reminds me of the diesel world. Huge gains.

Last edited by Big Swole; 04-03-2019 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:47 PM
Small update finally.

Had my TTS done by Jean-Claude @ Detailed Designs Auto Spa. I had the PPF completely redone (full frontal), Paint Correction, Modesta BC 04 Ceramic on the whole car, Modesta BC 06 on the Wheels & Calipers, Full interior Showroom detailed & conditioned, and had all the black trim coated as well.

Last edited by Big Swole; 08-21-2019 at 04:51 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I stepped up - 2012 997TTS - GT Silver/Black