997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2 Turbo Coupe - Doubts prior to acquisition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2023, 05:35 PM
cslcsl06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 997.2 Turbo Coupe - Doubts prior to acquisition

Good evening everyone!

James here.

I am an architect and don't know much about cars, I like Porsche for many reasons however I do not know what to look at when buying one. I need some advice from you experts, especially on the one I am interested in, as it is 13 years old and has a particular service history.

Thank you very much in advance & I appreciate everybody's time.

The car is a 2010 Porsche 997.2 Turbo, at 35.000 kms. Grey. Coupe. The request is €95.000.
The car is owned by a good friend who owns it since 3 years. I know that he takes good care of his car and his knowledge is advanced.
He drives it more or less 2.000kms a year and keeps it in very good condition at his garage.

He changed the exhaust pipes by putting custom made ones in Sweden but he kept the original ones.
My doubts are regarding the service history and the quantity of owners:
  • Regarding the service history.. I am used to seeing a booklet with stamps (as I usually see on online listings) however this one does not have it. My friend sent me some pdf files (which are perhaps much more detailed than a simple stamps) and they start from 2017, when the car just made 20.000kms. The files are attached. According to what he sent me, the car hasn't been serviced between 2010 and 2017. And on 2017 it got serviced right after it reached 20.000kms. Let's assume that this info is correct and the car has been serviced for the first time after 7 years and 20.000kms. Is this normal? Maybe it has been serviced also between 2010-2017 but we do not have any document proving that. Is there way to find out?
  • Another issue is that my friend is the 6th owner. On online listings I keep seeing descriptions where being the car's second or third owner is being underlined as a very positive detail. The fact that I will be its 7th owner might be an issue in the future?
I am interested in this car because of aesthetics, technology, history and also for the fact that it holds its value. Nobody knows what life will bring in the future so maybe one day I will have to resell it. So I am paying attention to things that one day potential buyers will ask me. Such as service history, originality of parts etc.. It is very similar to watches where everyone asks you the box and papers even though the watch is almost new and working perfectly.

I don't know what else to look at to be honest.

If you have any advice please let me know.

Thank you very very much
James

Attached Files
File Type: zip
Ars?iv.zip (4.28 MB, 7 views)
File Type: pdf
Service 20172_Redaksiyon.pdf (589.0 KB, 6 views)
Service 2021_Redaksiyon.pdf (212.5 KB, 2 views)
Service 20171_Redaksiyon.pdf (2.37 MB, 23 views)
Service 2022_Redaksiyon.pdf (749.1 KB, 22 views)
Isofix_Redaksiyon.pdf (452.5 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by cslcsl06; 06-18-2023 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-26-2024, 03:56 PM
benisfroms is an unknown quantity at this point
A well-documented service history is crucial for high-end vehicles like Porsche, as it can significantly impact the car’s value and reliability. It’s not typical for a car to go 7 years without servicing, especially a performance vehicle like a Porsche. Regular maintenance is key to vehicle performance and longevity. To verify the service history, you can contact the garages where the services were reportedly done. Find unbeatable prices for Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 on ProCADIS.com. They may confirm whether the car was serviced there. If the service history starts from 2017, it’s important to consider why there are no records before this date. It could be that the car was serviced but the records were lost, or it might not have been serviced as per the manufacturer’s recommendations. While a lower number of previous owners is often preferred, it’s not necessarily a deal-breaker. The car’s condition, maintenance, and how it was driven are more important than the number of owners. However, having many previous owners can sometimes raise questions about the car’s history and why it changed hands so often. This can affect the resale value, as potential buyers may prefer a vehicle with fewer owners.

Last edited by benisfroms; 03-27-2024 at 06:35 AM.