997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Tire pressure sensors keep dislodging and rolling around my aftermarket wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 11:58 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Tire pressure sensors keep dislodging and rolling around my aftermarket wheels

So I have HRE wheels...HRE banded the wheels and attached the tire pressure sensor. Now two of my wheels have the sensor rolling around inside the tire..WHAT a PITA and terrible solution....HRE set up an appointment for them to get re attached and they came loose again...WTF...any suggestions??

Lou

Old 08-06-2006, 04:55 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
I would have to say whoever did the installation is at fault. HRE has the best straps in the business, none of the ones I have ever installed have had issues *knock on wood*

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 08-10-2006, 01:46 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
HRE installed them!!! Now all four are off so there straps have 100% failure rate and they want me to again take wheels off car and send them back....so another 10 days without wheels...ITS bULL****

Old 08-10-2006, 02:30 PM
Orli930 is on a distinguished road
LOU,

That really sucks.

Old 08-10-2006, 08:54 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
That sucks, but be patient, **** happens sometimes Lou, give them another chance to fix it.

Old 08-10-2006, 08:58 PM
Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !
Something else to look at: what kind of damage is being done to the sensors by bouncing around the inside of your tires while driving? If HRE is at fault for the bad installation, they might have to replace your sensors.

Old 08-11-2006, 03:05 PM
SEMJR is on a distinguished road
Keep us posted. I'm curious how you make out with the sensors. I'm interested in the same wheels.

Old 08-11-2006, 07:26 PM
02TT_87GNX is on a distinguished road
I'd have them use some adhesive too, for good measure. Kind of a hack but I've heard of it being done before.

Old 08-12-2006, 01:27 PM
LSM
Originally Posted by SEMJR
Keep us posted. I'm curious how you make out with the sensors. I'm interested in the same wheels.
I'm taking the band and sensors off.....Rather have a warning light everytime I start the car then be without wheels for another 10 days....I am on limited time with Chicago weather that will be here in a couple months and I'll have to remove the wheels. So in a couple months when I remove the wheels for winter, I'll send them back to be fixed...

Lou

Old 08-14-2006, 01:22 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Lou, sell the HRE's. They've been going downhill in service and quality. There are a lot more wheels on the market now. That is bull****. The fact that he sent the wheel there for this problem, they should have double, tripple checked it wouldn't happen again on that wheel. So WTF is right.