997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Info on option CNE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 11:44 AM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Info on option CNE

Interesting opton CNE on new turbo, "spoiler lip painted."
No one is adding this, anyone know what this option is about?

Old 10-17-2006, 12:08 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
spoiler lip gets a lot of scraping action, cheap and easy to replace when its not painted. Will look like crap after 10,000m for sure. Avoid.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:44 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
still not clear on spoiler lip

Are you saying all along the edge of the spoiler's rear section is not painted? Is it just primer color? Never noticed any part of the spoiler not painted. Or are you talking about the underside of the spoiler?

Old 10-17-2006, 12:48 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
on the 997 TT spoiler lip, rocker panels and rear apron bottom are unpainted regardless of exterior paint color.

spoiler lip is the bottom piece of the front clip.

Old 10-17-2006, 01:08 PM
gotta....I can understand why not to paint it.

I guess I related spoiler to rear, forgot about front. I think with black in front and at front and rear fenders, probably a good idea too to not paint rocker panels under the door for consistency along the bottom-front-and rear of car.

Old 10-17-2006, 03:11 PM
I think the TT actually looks fine without the painted bottoms all around.
The GT3 however definately suits the painted rockers and rear apron (its rear apron looks to be one piece though).

Old 10-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Clarifying the above: it's the LOWER aero lip, NOT the rear spoiler above the decklid. I think that made it confusing.

The lower trim is matte black, unpainted, and looks fine unpainted. With some colors you might want it painted. Do it after delivery, for less than half the price of the factory option.

Old 10-17-2006, 07:25 PM
ixlr82 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gmoney
on the 997 TT spoiler lip, rocker panels and rear apron bottom are unpainted regardless of exterior paint color.

spoiler lip is the bottom piece of the front clip.
That is correct, but now you can order your car with all of those pieces painted, at the beginning you could only have the rocker panels painted. Now you can paint all of the above exterior color plus the front grille painted exterior color.

Old 10-18-2006, 11:51 PM
Question Option # for entire painting along bottom of car??

I have found the option for under the doors XAJ
but nothing for the front and rear panel openings.