997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Giving Away My March '07 Spot - 997TT, Carrera White

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 01:55 AM
gradyex will become famous soon enoughgradyex will become famous soon enough
[quote=YesItsLoaded]Thanks Gradyex & MJA

Gradyex: Interesting thought - to just walk away from the deposit if I can't give away my spot - nobody likes to leave money on the table, but I may just have to.

Boy you got a lot of leather in that car (I'm sure it looks awesome).

I'm a simple guy, I prefer to keep my cars simple too. I think the 997 TT is the perfect example of a car with an understated appearance but a giant-killer in performance.

I've bought 3 - cars from this dealer (BMW's) over the past 5 years, so I'm sure we can work something out on the deposit.

MJA: I agree with you - deals do come and go - and I really have no $ problem taking delivery/buying the car, its just without the last deal in the bank, justifing it right now is harder to do, not imossible.

If you've purchased 3 cars from this dealership they WILL take care of you..................... Hey you never know, the next deal might just go North.......and you might just have to give it some more thought. I hope so! We all have bad luck sometimes but the tides can change quickly. Wishing you the best. Sounds like you have a lot of common sense, a lot of folks don't see the big picture. Stick around either way!

Old 02-12-2007, 03:24 PM
YesItsLoaded is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by C4S Surgeon
This is the problem with speculating on either unrealized income or the reality of the 997TT market. JMO, somebody had to say it...

Not sure someone 'had' to say it - but by posting, I guess I expected it. However, while it may be a correct statement in and of itself, but not really what happened here.

I've been doing big real estate deals just like this one for 25 years. All shapes, sizes, terms and conditions that one could ever imagine. NEVER has a deal like this gone south as this one did. At the time I ordered my 997TT, the downstroke-money had gone hard ($550K) and all conditions were satisfied. Of course sh_t happens, but no one I know just walks away from $550K at the closing table - which is what happened here (he didn't qualify for financing becasue he lied to the lender regarding is assets). My client received the $550K as liquidated damages right there and then, and while I 'technically' may have earned my commission, I don't work that way. My clients get treated the way I want to be treated - regardelss of our contract, I get paid AFTER the deal gets done AND my clients are happy. May not be how others work, but I sleep real well at night - and get some pretty regular, lucrative referrals as a result.

You may call it 'speculating' but that word has a 'negative conotation' attached to it. That's all one does in the commercial real estate industry is speculate (unless you fully lease your properties BEFORE you buy and build). It's all a well thoughout and planned ... crapshoot. Most of the time your due dilligence and professional reports provide sufficient protection, on a few occasions, not, and you crap out.

Yes, I could have waited till I had the cash in my hands, but I've been fortunate to never have this situation happen in my entire professional career (have yet to find someone who this has happened to as well). The big-money went hard and non-refundable (that's when I ordered the car). Damn ... it just never happens.

BTW: my client did give me a small piece of the liquidated damages in recognition of all the work I did bringing the deal together - but it wasn't much at all.

I consider it an more an issue of 'timing' or 'bad luck', not really speculation, but thanks for taking the time to comment.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:31 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
I wish you luck

Old 02-12-2007, 03:36 PM
YesItsLoaded is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gradyex
[

If you've purchased 3 cars from this dealership they WILL take care of you..................... Hey you never know, the next deal might just go North.......and you might just have to give it some more thought. I hope so! We all have bad luck sometimes but the tides can change quickly. Wishing you the best. Sounds like you have a lot of common sense, a lot of folks don't see the big picture. Stick around either way!
Thanks for the vote of confidence (some posts have been a little critical of my situation).

It's not over yet. I always have deals on the table (thank G_d) and one could close anytime. I can still envision me taking delivery ... driving down the beach ... down the turnpike ... and parking that bad boy in my driveway every night (yes, I have a garage for it - but have to show off a little!).

I would love to stick around, thank you. After weeks and weeks of reading posts to familiarize myself with Porsche, 997's, and issues with both before placing the order, I found that I like it here - smart people with lots of knowledge. From DJ on down, its been a real positive experience.

Thanks to you Gradyex, and thanks to all.