997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Fabspeed exhaust - Initial reactions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 07:26 PM
shashi30004 has a spectacular aura aboutshashi30004 has a spectacular aura about
Fabspeed exhaust - Initial reactions

So,
The Fab Speed exhaust is finally on!
The sound is absolutely perfect imho. I prefer a light growl without any other overbearing sound. This is just a personal choice.
The system just does that so perfectly.
The sound at idle has a nice growl to it. Its just a liitle bit louder than stock at cruising speeds (inside the cab), but you can hear it roar under acceleration. No resonance or droning.
The fit and finish were perfect. This was my first ever experience with Fabspeed.

Thanks to Stephen at Imagine Auto...looks like I will have the ECU upgrade in another 2 days. Will post reactions later this week.

Shashi
07TT GT Silver
Champion M61 19" Magnesium wheels
Fabspeed exhaust

Old 02-14-2007, 08:24 PM
unique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud of
what fabspeed setup did u go with..... and a video would be awesome

Old 02-14-2007, 08:54 PM
shashi30004 has a spectacular aura aboutshashi30004 has a spectacular aura about
exhaust

Originally Posted by unique
what fabspeed setup did u go with..... and a video would be awesome
I went with the normal (quite) setup of 200 cell.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:40 PM
spyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to all
Originally Posted by shashi30004
So,
The Fab Speed exhaust is finally on!
The sound is absolutely perfect imho. I prefer a light growl without any other overbearing sound. This is just a personal choice.
The system just does that so perfectly.
The sound at idle has a nice growl to it. Its just a liitle bit louder than stock at cruising speeds (inside the cab), but you can hear it roar under acceleration. No resonance or droning.
The fit and finish were perfect. This was my first ever experience with Fabspeed.

Thanks to Stephen at Imagine Auto...looks like I will have the ECU upgrade in another 2 days. Will post reactions later this week.

Shashi
07TT GT Silver
Champion M61 19" Magnesium wheels
Fabspeed exhaust
Shashi,

Thats great news...I was a little tentative on ordering the latest Fabspeed exhaust for my new 997tt because the Fabspeed on my "old" 996tt was not a pleasant experiance and I will leave it at that.

But, in speaking to Stephen, he assured me that new exhaust from Fabspeed for the 997tt is a completely different system and that I would be pleased with the out come. Stephen explained that he fully tested the exhaust on his own personal 997tt and he wrote a report on his experiance with it on this site.

In hearing about your experiance today makes the call to order the Fabspeed even more assuring.

Btw, Shephen (owner of imagine auto) has been a wealth of knowledge on educating me on the do's and don'ts on moding Porsches and has spent all the time needed to fully understand and answer all my questions. I would highly recommend too anyone who is looking to upgrade their turbo, to call Stephen at www.imagineauto.com . He is also one of this sites sponsor's .

Looking forward to hearing about your ECU mods when you get them.

Last edited by spyderman; 02-14-2007 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Glad to here this I am putting mine on Thrusday...thanks to Stephen as well, he has taken alot of time and patience to help me out...ECU will be next, clear markers are done! Car is complete....best out of the box car ever.....

Old 02-14-2007, 10:27 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Shashi

I am thrilled you like it. I know that many are gun shy from the old stuff. I took it off my car as well. However the new gen 3 stuff is NOT even in the same arena.

Thanks for the many kind words guys. I enjoy the chats! Marc, can't wait to see what you think!

Old 02-15-2007, 02:58 PM
unique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud of
Wot

lets see a video of that thing at WOT...... please that would be apreciated

Old 02-16-2007, 09:45 AM
Former Vendor
jmiller is infamous around these parts
shashi
glad you're happy with our system.
Many thanks for your support and enjoy!!!

stephen-once again thanks for the great support and help to all these 997TT guys

Old 02-16-2007, 10:29 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Glad to always help out.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:46 AM
Bux
Bux is infamous around these parts
Does that mean 200 cell cats are more quite than 100 cell cats?

Old 02-17-2007, 03:40 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Bux in the same exhaust system 200 vs 100, the 200 cell will have more back pressure and likely be slightly more quiet being more dense and prone to muffling if you know what I mean... I've got a call coming in tomorrow with 200 cell cats, one with no cats and one on Tuesday with 100 cell, so if you're around you can drop by and listen etc... compare. One thing is for sure the resonance-prone 996TTs are nothing like the 997TTs which only have resonance when you go to a straight pipe. Thus far folks with 996TT's have been getting used to their much quieter 997TTs

Old 02-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
I had mine put on w the 200 cell cats and headers...sounds awesome...