997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Ruf CTR3 announced

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 10:21 PM
cynicali will become famous soon enough
The lines on this car are amazing. I have to believe this car will only grow in popularity.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:11 AM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
So if its not based off the cayman chassis, what is it?

Old 04-19-2007, 03:45 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
First of all, nice to meet all 6speedonliners, Khalid, Hesperus etc. you know who you are.

If the car is based on anything, it's the Porsche 997 Turbo.

Behind the seats, the car is 100% Ruf.
The seats are Ruf's own design and both comfortable and sporty.
Interior is a mixture of 997 Turbo and Ruf.
Front is based on 997 Turbo, but with many Ruf specials.

The roof is 12 cm lower and the windscreen is special.
The gearbox can handle 1200 Nm.

It's like a 997 Turbo, but with a very powerful mid-engine.

The R50 will be 100% Ruf.

Old 04-19-2007, 07:04 AM
stefanvidal is on a distinguished road
CTR3 Rendering

One Rendering of the CTR3's new developed body concept showing the latest version of the famous RUF IRC (Integrated Roll Cage).

...and for all who missed the CTR3 launch in Bahrain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qogRaC6hZ84
Enjoy!

Last edited by stefanvidal; 04-19-2007 at 07:14 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:22 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
hmm... that video looks vaguely familiar

Old 04-19-2007, 03:17 PM
stefanvidal is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up @ hesperus

Hehe, nice work...

Old 04-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
This car definitely grows on you FAST! By the time you are briefed about it, you take another look, and you are hooked. The young designer certainly has talent.

I hope that it handles and performs as good as it is supposed to, I would be almost sure that it should beat a CGT on the track if the suspension works as good as it looks..

According to HP, testing should be starting soon on the Bahrain track, all the numbers still are preliminary guesstimates. One thing that I think has not been mentioned is that the rear will have glass instead of the current cover, letting one see the engine bay and suspension on the final commercial model. The interior, IMO, is the only "issue" with this car.

Old 04-21-2007, 03:21 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Jean, pity I missed you at Bahrain. I sent you several SMS messages the mobile # you gave me, but I was having trouble with my phone all week (stupid SIM card couldn't register on Batelco or any other local network).

Were you at the Konrad pits during the SuperCup races?

Old 04-22-2007, 12:00 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Hesperus

Sorry I did not have your phone number on me. I went a couple of times on Friday with a friend who owns a black VIN CTR2 and with HP L. I was hoping to see you. I stayed in the Konrad pits (#29 in Oasis)for the next 2 days. Very bad race outcome
Next time will be! Cheers