DRLs for 997.1 TT any news?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Still working on this project...

The goal here is to have the white LED be on when you have your parking or headlights on, or if you put switch power to it to be a true DRL. When you turn your signal on, a seperate set of orange LED will flash across the full bar with the white LED off. Its tricky with the resistance. But nevertheless, still working on it.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
This is the only true way to do it. No Error Lights, No Error Codes. Considering Speedart is the only company to accomplish this I think the price is pretty reasonable. As you can see there is zero delay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu5lxHhWFFk

Old 06-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
We are making a full replacement. No core, no hack and price point should be about $800 for the pair.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:33 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
This is the only true way to do it. No Error Lights, No Error Codes. Considering Speedart is the only company to accomplish this I think the price is pretty reasonable. As you can see there is zero delay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu5lxHhWFFk
sweeeet, what's the price on a set?

Old 06-06-2011, 08:48 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Bogg
sweeeet, what's the price on a set?

$1580 for the lights and $950 for the core or if you want to send the ones on your car to be modified then you don't need to pay the core. The core fee is refunded of course when we receive your factory lights.

Matt

Old 06-06-2011, 08:59 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
ouch. but darn nice looking upgrade nonetheless.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Site Sponsor
Yeah the exchange rate is killing us right now. Its up to 1.45

Our price does include shipping and handling costs.

Its truly the only DRL set up that is an all in one DRL and Turn signal. Others that have both in one housing such as Techart's kit, has a seperately line above the DRL LED for the turn signal.

The Speedart DRLS for the 997TT is the only OEM direct replacement unit that uses the OEM housing and doesn't through off any error codes.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:29 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Thats exactly what i want, but to have to shell out $2600.00 to get them & then wait who knows how long for your $950.00 credit NOT!!!! these should be $700 to $800 max no core .

Old 06-07-2011, 08:17 AM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by twturbo
Thats exactly what i want, but to have to shell out $2600.00 to get them & then wait who knows how long for your $950.00 credit NOT!!!! these should be $700 to $800 max no core .
These lights take 3-4 weeks to produce typically. In Germany Speedart has to order a new set of lights since most US customers do not want to ship their lights off because they want to be able to drive their car. When you place your order, your credit card is held but not charged. Once I have confirmation that your lights are ready to ship from Speedart, we charge your card for the lights and the core charge. 3-5 business days after your card is charged your lights will arrive to your door. Once we have received your original lights, they are inspected and your card is refunded for the core within 24hrs of receiving the lights. Your more than welcome to ask any of the other members on here who have these lights.

There are many things that go into the cost of a product. A lot more than just the overall cost of parts, labor and shipping so to be able to sell this product for $700-$800 is just not possible. The factory signals from Porsche cost more than that in euros.

The $1580 cost that we are advertising is consisting of the following. Cost of the LED's, Cost of the OEM Porsche Signal Housings (purchased by Speedart in euros from their local dealer), The labor to do the conversion, exchange rate, a built in margin so that we can resell it wholesale to your preferred installer or dealership and then true market value of the product.

There are other vendors out there that say they have been working on something for the price range you mentioned but have yet to release something even remotely close to the product we offer and Speedart has had it available for 4 years now.

This is the best available DRL product available for this car on the market, just like HRE Wheels are some of the best wheels on the market today. If you have a great product and or knowledge it should never be given away for free.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:39 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
I just got mine back, made from a friend who is member here . I'll let you pknow how the work later tomorrow.

If they are good he might become a seller here and do them, they cost much less than competition

Old 06-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by milou
I just got mine back, made from a friend who is member here . I'll let you pknow how the work later tomorrow.

If they are good he might become a seller here and do them, they cost much less than competition

Pictures?

Old 06-07-2011, 10:43 AM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by milou

Subscribed.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by twturbo
What you want is coming

Old 06-10-2011, 07:48 AM
Timothy A. is on a distinguished road
Any photos in the night and more close to the car?(speedart drl)

What happens with the current drl's which are in the disguisting lighting of yellow?

Old 06-10-2011, 08:18 AM
Site Sponsor
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Timothy A.
Any photos in the night and more close to the car?(speedart drl)

What happens with the current drl's which are in the disguisting lighting of yellow?

Sorry I dont have any taken at night time and I probably should have before we sold our turbo.

As for as your question about what happens to the yellow lighting, what exactly do you mean? Your current lights don't light up at all except yellow when the turn signal is activated. Now they will light up white all the time and then still blink yellow when the turn signal is activated and when the turn is completed they will stop blinking yellow and go back to being white again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DRLs for 997.1 TT any news?