DRLs for 997.1 TT any news?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 10:34 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Currently my drls have the main headlights on as well as the outer led, will the main headlight stop coming on with a set of these drls? That would be preferred. Obviously the main headlights would then need to be turned on manually which would turn off the drls, right?

Old 06-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Currently my drls have the main headlights on as well as the outer led, will the main headlight stop coming on with a set of these drls? That would be preferred. Obviously the main headlights would then need to be turned on manually which would turn off the drls, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu5lxHhWFFk

see this video here, headlights are off while the LED's are on.

The LED on the end is eliminated

Old 06-10-2011, 11:28 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
I have tried mine last night and they look amazing. All LEDs were replaced with bright White ones and the bult at the end which is now the turn signal was replaced with a five Amber LED bulb.
No warning no nothing.
It will take me a few days till I post pics cos I'll add some Mesh in the radiator area.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:00 PM
sam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to behold
1500 is absolutely ridiculous.

Talk about porsche tax.

And please dont respond with BS like "oh but we need to take apart the light, and there's liability"
There is always liability, does not mean you need to *** rape the clientele.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sam12345
1500 is absolutely ridiculous.

Talk about porsche tax.

And please dont respond with BS like "oh but we need to take apart the light, and there's liability"
There is always liability, does not mean you need to *** rape the clientele.

Did anyone mention anything about liability? 30% of the price is the exchange rate between the USD and Euro right now. These items 3 years when they first came out were around $1000-$1100. Also if they are so easy to make and should cost half as much, why hasn't anyone else made a set? Techart sells a little strip of LED's which require you to modify your air duct grills is $1099 when you can buy something identical for $200 on ebay. So I would say these are some what of a bargain compared to the rest of the competition considering no one else in the last 5 years since the car was introduced has made anything close to it. The closest thing to is is Techarts DRL's for the Type 2 front bumper ($3k+) which are $1600 and they are just two strips of LED's one white one amber. Porsche Tax??? $1500 is not even one car payment on a 150k car note.

$1099

Old 06-10-2011, 02:25 PM
cosmokr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by vividracing
what you want is coming
eta?

Old 06-10-2011, 03:35 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
The labour is really really difficult, well in my case were I tried to change the housing it took me 6 hours to do that.
The parts might cost nothing 10-20 euro I guess but you need a lot of time to do them.
I guess with proper equipment this would be easier.

Sure nothing close to $1500.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:31 AM
Here is a quick mobile pic, so far they function perfectlly. The end light is now the turn signal. I have just ordered from Ebay some amber LEDs

Attached Images  
Old 06-12-2011, 07:22 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Nice Milou! But how does the car know to turn on the led drls and not the main headlights?

Matt (GMP) I was asking you the same question - does it require some reprogramming in PIWIS?

Old 06-12-2011, 08:50 AM
They turn on when lights are on first click

Old 06-12-2011, 05:23 PM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Milou - thanks so much for taking on the project and pictures. I am curious if the OEM LED's can be retrofitted with dual color LEDs such that it's white when the lights are on and amber with flashers? I think I like the whole LED strip glowing amber with turn signal as opposed to the end bulb for safety reasons.

In terms of wiring, I presume you take the lead from the city light to activate the white LEDs and use the turn signal lead for the amber.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:28 AM
Sbkim, I'll be posting more pictures soon, with turn signal on etc.
The guy who made them for me uses White LEDs and Amber end light for turn signal. Sure Amber turn signals can be done, speedart does it.
I'm not sure about wiring since it's not me who made them. But I guess you are right

Old 06-13-2011, 01:12 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sbkim
Milou - thanks so much for taking on the project and pictures. I am curious if the OEM LED's can be retrofitted with dual color LEDs such that it's white when the lights are on and amber with flashers? I think I like the whole LED strip glowing amber with turn signal as opposed to the end bulb for safety reasons.

In terms of wiring, I presume you take the lead from the city light to activate the white LEDs and use the turn signal lead for the amber.
When i made my own DRLs i searched the world for dual colour white/amber leds with no luck...every possible colour combo was there apart from this one...If i find these leds...i will made them like speedart...

Old 06-13-2011, 03:02 AM
Demetri, thank you for the great DRLs, I'll post pics later today

Old 06-13-2011, 06:03 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by skandalis447
When i made my own DRLs i searched the world for dual colour white/amber leds with no luck...every possible colour combo was there apart from this one...If i find these leds...i will made them like speedart...

Could these bulbs work? The vendor isn't too far from me but somewhat hesistant to tackle the challenge...

http://www.customled.com/products/ro...d_clusters.htm

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DRLs for 997.1 TT any news?