997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Street/Track set up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 08:28 PM
roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !
Wow, very impressive build. Car is beautiful, enjoy it.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:26 AM
Carrera 69 is on a distinguished road
Great minds think alike
The car looks awesome!

Old 10-19-2007, 10:28 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
What's living with that black splitter like? Will it go up on a trailer without too much hassle? When it scrapes, does it start to look bad?

Thanks for the help (either of you, really).

Old 10-19-2007, 12:13 PM
58spdstr has a spectacular aura about58spdstr has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by blakt out
What's living with that black splitter like? Will it go up on a trailer without too much hassle? When it scrapes, does it start to look bad?

Thanks for the help (either of you, really).
I couldn't get the car into my garage with the cup splitter on, but have no problems with the stock GT3 splitter. I take the cup splitter to the track and swap them when I get there. Its a no-tools simple process. I also have the GT3RS lip on the cup splitter.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:56 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
What a thought. Wow. I thought the splitter WAS the lip. So you have a factory GT3 bumper cover with two different splitters (which I thought was the lip): the GT3 splitter and the Cup splitter. But what do you mean by having a GT3RS lip on the Cup splitter???

Old 10-19-2007, 04:25 PM
What a thought. Wow. I thought the splitter WAS the lip. So you have a factory GT3 bumper cover with two different splitters (which I thought was the lip): the GT3 splitter and the Cup splitter. But what do you mean by having a GT3RS lip on the Cup splitter???
The actual splitter is a small triangular carbon fiber ditty at the base of the middle section of the spoiler that adds downforce. I don't have a picture of if yet, but will be at Heartland on the track this weekend, so I'll take a couple of photos. If you look at a stock GT3RS you'll see it.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by Carrera 69
Great minds think alike

The car looks awesome!

A GREAT looking car. Nice to see there are a few other crazies out there!

Old 10-19-2007, 11:12 PM
ty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 58spdstr
The actual splitter is a small triangular carbon fiber ditty at the base of the middle section of the spoiler that adds downforce. I don't have a picture of if yet, but will be at Heartland on the track this weekend, so I'll take a couple of photos. If you look at a stock GT3RS you'll see it.
58 your car look awesome! I was also think about adding the splitter on my GT3 lower lip, does that really improve that much downforce?

Old 10-22-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by ty328
58 your car look awesome! I was also think about adding the splitter on my GT3 lower lip, does that really improve that much downforce?
At the speeds I typically drive, not much. Advertised to add 20 or 30 lbs. on the RS, but I suspect that is at/near its terminal velocity.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:02 PM
O.k. here it is in action at the KCPCR DE this past weekend at Heartland Park in Topeka, Kansas. The track is the site of the SCCA runoffs and recently had some modifications made to turns 1 - 2 and 8 - 9 that have increased overall speed on the 2.5 mile course. The Kansas City Region folks do a fantastic job, the Heartland staff run a very tight ship and there was an excellent turnout of instructors and drivers in some very cool cars. I learned a ton, as usual, and would say that with the recent GMG chasis mods and all the time put in by Karl Wilen at Imagine Auto getting my car set up, the car was an absolute beast on the track. Think 500+ hp GT3 that an idiot (me!) could go insanely fast in around any track. Most fun of the day was routinely smoking both the 997 GT3 and 997TT in my run group. This is a way cool set up.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:57 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Masterful job with the entire car. Purely excellent and well thought out. Good luck and enjoy it man. GT3Ranger

Old 10-22-2007, 04:57 PM

You're totally right. I think some of the most rewarding moments are when the GT3/997TT guys get smoked (add to that list the new Z06s) and come back to my setup area after the run and are like... wtf is THAT? I love it. I don't think I'll ever tire of it. And you're right... out of ALL the mods, the supercharger (power) as well as the suspension setup (parts and true race setup and balancing) are the two most important... well, along with being strapped in with harnesses and race seats... are the most effective not only to lap times, but to pure fun on the track.

Take down the big boys, my brutha. Rock on. Beautiful shots too. I love seeing this ****. Your car's gorgeous. Are you running in an instructor group, or are you a solo driver who's hired an instructor? I can't imagine you having to deal with the traffic in the green groups. Didn't sound like it, having GT3s and TTs in your group, but the pic has a friggin S Class in it! Wow.

Good job brother. Just curious on the group.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Masterful job with the entire car. Purely excellent and well thought out. Good luck and enjoy it man. GT3Ranger
Not to get off topic, but that GT3 Ranger car is the best looking Speed Yellow car I've ever seen.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:18 PM
B-moreBroker is on a distinguished road
I can't imagine you having to deal with the traffic in the green groups. Didn't sound like it, having GT3s and TTs in your group, but the pic has a friggin S Class in it! Wow.

Good job brother. Just curious on the group.
haha yes the S class is funny

Old 10-22-2007, 05:20 PM
B-moreBroker is on a distinguished road
sweet setup 58 - I hope to get the gt3 suspension this winter followed by the s/c so I can man up on you and Jared

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Street/Track set up