997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Street/Track set up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 05:48 PM
58spdstr has a spectacular aura about58spdstr has a spectacular aura about
The S class car in the group was an S63 AMG and on this track was amazingly capable. Lots of power and now that the track is faster overall, pretty respectable for a car this size. On the straight, he was very quick until I hit third gear, then it was bye bye. It was a beautiful car, and the fact that he had it out there is pretty darn cool. The only Z06 in my group on day one was a C5 Z06 with a Vortech supercharger. Now this guy had a gob of power and we were pretty even on the long straight, but he couldn't keep me in sight after that. They moved me to a faster run group on day two and the car still ran away from everybody. I don't think my skill has much to do with it, frankly, the car flat out goes and is very settled when pushed now. I agree with Blakt, the seats and harness also make a difference as well. Lots of fun.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:54 PM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
What a great weekend. I was looking in the rear view mirror....."hey here comes Rick......hey there goes Rick!" LOL The car looks incredible flying down the track.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:36 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by B-moreBroker
sweet setup 58 - I hope to get the gt3 suspension this winter followed by the s/c so I can man up on you and Jared
B-More, brother, I just noticed that you're 28! Another youngun! Rock on! I have quite a few track days at VIR before Christmas. Here they are. Can you come to any if I can get you in? I'd love to meet you. And by reading your sig, your not far off of our cars already. It could easily be close enough to be all driver.

Jared at VIR:

November 3&4 (if my car gets repaired in time!)
November 30, December 1&2
December 8&9

Let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:15 AM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
sweet setup 58 - I hope to get the gt3 suspension this winter followed by the s/c so I can man up on you and Jared
I have stock GT3 shocks, springs and sway bars I could sell you.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:28 AM
B-moreBroker is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blakt out
B-More, brother, I just noticed that you're 28! Another youngun! Rock on! I have quite a few track days at VIR before Christmas. Here they are. Can you come to any if I can get you in? I'd love to meet you. And by reading your sig, your not far off of our cars already. It could easily be close enough to be all driver.
Yessir just turned 29 on Jan. 22... just made my final purchase (other than the S/C of course) from GMG to get my GT3 suspension, recaro seats, rollbar, and harnesses installed before track season gets going again... Jared what is your schedule for 2008?

Old 01-26-2008, 06:46 AM
c2mojo will become famous soon enough
Amazing, but you need Motons. Fabryce would agree too

Old 01-26-2008, 06:55 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, that is a perfect setup. I think I would take that over a GT3 if I had the choice. Nice Job!

Old 01-26-2008, 06:59 AM
Originally Posted by c2mojo
Amazing, but you need Motons. Fabryce would agree too

what advantage would Moton's give?

Old 01-26-2008, 08:34 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Yessir just turned 29 on Jan. 22... just made my final purchase (other than the S/C of course) from GMG to get my GT3 suspension, recaro seats, rollbar, and harnesses installed before track season gets going again... Jared what is your schedule for 2008?
I'm actually in Switzerland now. Snowboarding. I'll then probably go to Japan or China... don't really know yet. But I won't be back until the end of July. So I'll be busting into every track session possible when I return. What about you? You already know when you'll be down on the second half of the year?

Old 01-26-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by blakt out
I'm actually in Switzerland now. Snowboarding. I'll then probably go to Japan or China... don't really know yet. But I won't be back until the end of July. So I'll be busting into every track session possible when I return. What about you? You already know when you'll be down on the second half of the year?

Let me know when you are going to VIR and I will go as well... Do you ever come to the tracks more north? (Summit Point, Watkins Glen, etc)

Switzerland and China sounds like the vacation of a lifetime... have fun man...

Old 01-28-2008, 12:17 AM
Yeah. Switz is so nice. I've been in Lugano before, which is really really cool. Now in Davos which is more of a mountain ski town. Really cool though, just not a ton of pure architecture and all that.

I'll definitely hook up with Chin at Sebring and let you know ahead of time, Mike. Did you get a new car while I wasn't paying attention?

Old 02-01-2008, 07:31 PM
nct510 is on a distinguished road

New to the forum and came across your post. Congratulations on quite a combination of esthetic appeal on a definitely mean machine. The gray mesh on the cup bumper is a clincher. Very nice job!

Old 02-02-2008, 06:05 AM
Originally Posted by nct510

New to the forum and came across your post. Congratulations on quite a combination of esthetic appeal on a definitely mean machine. The gray mesh on the cup bumper is a clincher. Very nice job!
Thanks. Its in the shop at the moment getting a LSD and stouter clutch installed along with a few alcantara interior bits. I'm also replacing the rear bumper cover. I've never been happy with the added on appearance of the carbon rear valance. As always, Karl at Imagine Auto is doing the heavy lifting here.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:53 PM
frafoss is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 58spdstr
Thanks. Its in the shop at the moment getting a LSD and stouter clutch installed along with a few alcantara interior bits. I'm also replacing the rear bumper cover. I've never been happy with the added on appearance of the carbon rear valance. As always, Karl at Imagine Auto is doing the heavy lifting here.

What type of LSD? Quaife ATB??

Old 02-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by frafoss
What type of LSD? Quaife ATB??
Yes, its a Quaife ATB diff.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Street/Track set up