997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

GT3 control arms

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 06:23 AM
mkk62 is infamous around these parts
man, went to the dealer, wants 2000 $ for just the parts on the gt3 control arms then "a big job" labor cost added...any suggestions to at least get the parts cheaper they are ordering OEM gt3 control arms and told me that their cost is 900 bucks a piece which i can't believe after seeing some of the posts here and their costs....

even the front brake pads they charged me 550$ just for the pads without install and i just found a site that will sell them for 350$.. unfortunately thereis only one dealer here and not many after market places (naples, FL) unlike miami where there are a lot of great places to do mods... makes me want to quit my job and become a mechanic.....

Old 02-26-2008, 06:29 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
give mike @ awe board sponser a call. he was able to get my parts in a timely manner and at a good price...

Old 03-10-2008, 10:59 AM
B-moreBroker is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RonCT
Farnbacher set up my car for street / track. About -2 degrees up front, -1.8 rear. Cup control arms required with 3mm shims. No change to rear. Total was about $1200 for parts, labor, and new alignment.
Currently having the cup control arms installed... having trouble fitting the headlight sensors with the new control arms... Ron what did you do to make it work?

TIA

Old 03-10-2008, 01:16 PM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
Hate to say, but I have no idea. I dropped the car off in the AM and picked it up in the PM.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Spoke to Fabryce at GMG... cup control arms are not designed to work with headlights as cup cars don't run at night... have to design a bracket to make it work yourself...

Old 03-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Mike R. is infamous around these parts
Good thread. I'm still trying to learn about sway bars and control arms. A friend of mine told me that he installed GT3 sway bars in his 997S and has felt much better handling. Must control arms be used in conjunction with sway bars?

Old 03-10-2008, 06:41 PM
frafoss is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mike R.
Good thread. I'm still trying to learn about sway bars and control arms. A friend of mine told me that he installed GT3 sway bars in his 997S and has felt much better handling. Must control arms be used in conjunction with sway bars?
No. The GT3 control arms is to get more camber. The sway bars are for making the car more stable and stiffer. I guess you need to change your droplinks if you go for GT3 sways.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:46 PM
frafoss - I have H&R springs. Will this affect what I need to install if I go for sway bars?

Old 03-10-2008, 06:56 PM
frafoss is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mike R.
frafoss - I have H&R springs. Will this affect what I need to install if I go for sway bars?
No, it shouldnt. Maybe its better to go for H&R sway bars. I think its a better combo than the GT3 sways, and I guess H&R has tested these together with the springs during the development. The GT3 sways are made for the GT3 suspension which is stiffer and more composed than your setup. I think your setup would be more balanced going H&R all the way instead of mixing to much. The front H&R is not adjustable, only at rear.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks for your quick and informative reply!

Old 03-10-2008, 08:56 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
RonCT, do you have GT3 or Cup control arms?

Old 03-10-2008, 09:39 PM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
Mike - If I remember correctly, I have the cup control arms (motorsport). If I remember correctly, the GT3 arms don't do much for you anyway...

As to suspension tweaks, when Farnbacher Loles had my car, they strongly suggested NOT to use any sort of lowering springs, or mixing and matching sways, etc. Before making any changes, I'd talk with a hard-core 997 expert - somebody like FBL, Synergy, etc. that races them.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:17 PM
I have the H&R front sway bar and the GT3 rear sway bar combined with PSS9's with no PASM ... no drop links were needed... car runs like a champ...

Old 03-11-2008, 04:46 AM
RonCT and B-more -
Thanks. My friend, who I mentioned earlier, had his work done at Farnbacher. I've been pretty loyal to Protosport in NJ. I'm probably going to get some work done after Summit Point and before Lime Rock. (Incidentally, Ron - are you going to NNJR LR in April?)

Old 03-11-2008, 05:22 AM
Hey Mike,
I'm confirmed for NNJR - look for me in the white 964 # 106

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 control arms