997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I think I saw one in Atlanta

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 11:41 PM
dwishen is on a distinguished road
Talking I think I saw one in Atlanta

Well, Darren's post regarding the wheel options makes me think I did see one. The other night I was sitting at a stop light (about 4 cars back from the light) when a red 911 passed me on my left to be the second car at the turn left arrow. As it passed, I thought the front looked a little different (longer-like that 3/4 shot of the red Carrera S that has been posted). The car looked to have GT-3/'04 GT-2 wheels. I tried to see where the rear bumper attached (I think the 997 seems to be in a different spot) but couldn't get a good look due to the fact that the light was illuminated. After looking at the wheel selections, I think the second one could have very easily been the wheel on the car. Also, the car had a "Distributor" tag on it. For those of you who don't know, Porsche's North American headquarters are located in Atlanta (not very far from where I saw this car). Anyway, the car turned and I was unable to follow (wish now I had). If it was the 997, it looked good. Not too different from the 996, but the elongated nose looked nice. Oh, the car just said Carrera on it.

And no, unfortunately, I do not have pics (don't even own a digital camera) .

David

Old 05-20-2004, 11:53 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
David - go buy a camera phone ASAP!!!!

Old 05-21-2004, 04:06 AM
dwishen is on a distinguished road
I think I'm taking tomorrow afternoon off to get my plate (got rid of my CLK 55 and just bought an E36 M3 - the P-car is most likely pushed off longer than expected). If I have a chance, I'll take my GF's 2 megapixel camera and go over to Porsche NA's headquarters. Maybe I'll see something interesting (I'm not sure how close I can get, but it could be cool to try).

If I am able to get pics, can I e-mail them to you Darren. I don't have any way to post them, but could most likely use her computer to send them. If so, what e-mail address should I send them to?

Darren, off topic, but I think I recall in your profile that you work on Wall Street. If you don't mind me asking, what do you do (banking, sales and trading, research, FICC)?

Regards,

-D

Last edited by dwishen; 05-21-2004 at 04:14 AM.